Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questions About How Many Calories???

Just had a question. Did your doctor tell you how many calories that you need to be at a day? Mine said not to watch just as long as you get 100g of Protein a day you would lose weight. I feel like since I have started to eat I have stopped losing weight. I get between 1200 to 1400 cal a day which is so different from the 3000 i used to get..lol. You would think I would be losing. Is the the infamous plateau every one talks about? I have lost 20 lbs including preop diet.

Wow, 100 grams of Protein is a lot of protein! Mine said to eat 60 grams a day. I try to eat 1000 calories a day. If I eat 1500 for a couple days in a row, like on a weekend, I do not go down on the scale.< /p>

Wow, 100 grams of Protein is a lot of protein! Mine said to eat 60 grams a day. I try to eat 1000 calories a day. If I eat 1500 for a couple days in a row, like on a weekend, I do not go down on the scale.

I agree that 100 grams is a lot of Protein and always remember to add protein, you'll always have calories to add too. I am surprised about no calorie limit. Because I can suck down a lot of Peanut Butter chocolate protein smoothies that would put me at 2000+ calories easily.

My range is 1000-1300 a day. I'm usually towards the higher end if I am exercising. Anything under 1000 once you are out of post op period is hard, I think.

I asked and they said to stay between 60 - 80 grams protein; 68 grams carb this alone puts a stop to eating a lot of calories. I am usually at 850 to 1100 at the end of the day.

I rarely eat Pasta, rice, potatoes. I occasionally have bread but it's Arnold's sandwich thins(about 100 cal). I concentrate on Protein and will add veggies. rarely fruit.< /span>

my splurge is a piece of good dark chocolate!

are you exercising? drinking lots of Water?

As well, I was told 60-80 g of Protein a day. I am trying to think if I was told how many calories, and I don't think so. The band is supposed to do the measuring for you. I was told I would be able to eat anything in moderation (but I can't; some things just won't pass but that's okay).

I was told 60-80 grams of Protein a day and to avoid high sugary, greasy and fatty foods. I was never told anything about calories.

I was told 70g of Protein and to aim for about 1000 calories. I use myfitnesspal, and I aim for my "net" calories (i.e. my calories minus the calories I burn exercising) to fall between 800-1000. Sometimes that might mean I eat over 1500 calories, on the days when I'm doing lots of exercising.

I'm all about the calories. I was super tight & lived on 600 a day for about 5 months. I dropped a ton of weight but i wouldn't recommend people to do that! Im now ave 1000~1200 per day & exercising more. My body is still adjusting to the cal increase so I'm not loosing but I feel better & my energy is up.

I'm one of those who don't count calories, or measure/weigh food. I rely on the band to restrict my intake. And since my portions are small, all I need to do is make wise food choices. After so many years I just know what foods are good an waht bfoods are bad. And what foods have high Protein.< /p>

Thanks everyone! My doctor says not to get caught up on calories just on Protein. It is just hard to not think about calories i guess.

My doctor said to keep the Proteins between 60-70 grams and the nutritionist said calories should be about 1200. Right now I'm more focused on getting the right number of Proteins in than I am on calorie counting. I use My Fitness Pal so even if I'm over, I at least know where I am and what I need to change to fall into the right levels of everything.

Best of luck.

It is hard and different if you've been on diets before which usually focus on the calories. Hard to change your mindset!