Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Try Advocare?!?!?

So I have a friend, not banded, that ordered the 24 day advocare challenge...by day 20 she lost 10 pounds and a little over 10 inches!! Has anyone with the band tried this product?!?!? I am really thinking about do this!

I haven't tried this but I have a friend of a friend trying to hard-sell me on it right now. I've looked at it and basically the weight loss package is a Protein shake diet with some added supplements. I would caution that if you are taking prescription medications, you should make sure there aren't any potential interactions with the supplement pills. For example, if you are on an antidepressant, you should avoid the supplement because it contains 5-HTP, a form of tryptophan, and the use of the two together can cause serotonin syndrome. I go to drugs.com and use their interaction checker; you could also take a list of ingredients to your pharmacist and ask them.

Provided everything checks out, I don't see any harm in it, but I just wanted to bring this up.

I did try it, it worked great BUT the Fiber you have to take, made my band swell so much I could barely take it fluids, stopped the fiber part was doing better, started taking the vitmain part for day 11 and above, all the pills you have to take made it swell so bad, caused a lot of pain, I eneded having to see a doc while I was out of state and pay to have another doc take it all out and because I can eat so much I gained all and more back. My warning is all the fiber and the pills are pretty big for someone with a band, especially further into the challenge.

I love Advocare and have had no problems with it whatsoever. Fiber drinks suck but are doable, the faster you drink them the better or add some more Water to thin them back out...phase 1 of 24 day challenge I was down 11 lbs and 15.5 total inches in 10 days! Into phase 2 now which is a lot of clean eating where you can still follow what I call band law of eating. Awesome products great energy....mango strawberry spark is sooooo good and not carbonated. I vote you try it, I try to space the supplements out where possible as to not take too many large pills at once. If you want to know more let me know. If ya wanna try any products here is the site. Im adding thermoplus and catalyst for enhanced weight loss. I havent felt this good in a long time and I was banded 3 1/2 years ago. https://www.advocare.com/120723168

I am a distributor, but only for the discount. I don't try to push it on anyone, I just like the discount for myself. That said, I like the Spark and Slam drinks.< /p>

Just out of curiosity: Why would anyone with a band want to try yet another diet plan? I'm thru with all diets - I've done them all and where did it leave me? At 248 lbs and having band surgery. I'm really amazed that lapbanders would fall for such diets again.

I don't know anything about Advocare, but I've done every other diet plan under the sun. Some of them gave me a weight loss. But thru all of them, I gained it back + some. This time, I'm not gunna gain it back!

JMHO...

Marci

Just out of curiosity: Why would anyone with a band want to try yet another diet plan? I'm thru with all diets - I've done them all and where did it leave me? At 248 lbs and having band surgery. I'm really amazed that lapbanders would fall for such diets again.

I don't know anything about Advocare' date=' but I've done every other diet plan under the sun. Some of them gave me a weight loss. But thru all of them, I gained it back + some. This time, I'm not gunna gain it back!

JMHO...

Marci[/quote']

I would have to agree. When you stop taking it is when you'll gain it back. Just like all the other plans

It's very healthy for you. Look it up. Lots of Vitamins and fiber drinks. Not just a diet. But I have to be on a diet even with having the band I don't lose unless I eat right. Is this not your case? So I mean what's the difference? Maybe I'm not at my right restriction?

I agree Kim. I diet to lose even with the band. I love to eat, plain and simple. I an not an emotional eater, not a stress eater. I eat because I love the hobby of eating....lol

Yes the band helps, but it doesn't make me not want to eat. I struggle every single day.

Some days I do it for my help. Some days I do it to look better. Some days I do it for my back and spinal cord injury. Allot of days I lost the battle and didn't eat right at all.

Soo, along with my band and healthy eating life style changes, I also throw in diets and different routines and gimmicks. Anything that works for me at the time.

I agree Kim. I diet to lose even with the band. I love to eat' date=' plain and simple. I an not an emotional eater, not a stress eater. I eat because I love the hobby of eating....lol

Yes the band helps, but it doesn't make me not want to eat. I struggle every single day.

Some days I do it for my help. Some days I do it to look better. Some days I do it for my back and spinal cord injury. Allot of days I lost the battle and didn't eat right at all.

Soo, along with my band and healthy eating life style changes, I also throw in diets and different routines and gimmicks. Anything that works for me at the time.[/quote']

Verrrry well said! I am the same exact way!!!! I struggle every single day even after my band and it's been over a year.