Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Look Thinner... feel fatter.

dawg

While I'm not banded I was wondering if anyone else was having this phenoma occuring.

I've lost 38.5 pounds in around two and a half months and I have lost 6 to 8 inches around the waistline.

Awesome.

People tell me I am looking SO much better.

Fabulous.

The problem is that I haven't felt this flabby and saggy before. I suspect it's a literal case of the skin being less tight (due to the considerably reduced stuffing) and its flapping around like a flag on a windy day.

But my brain is kicking the living crap out of me and telling me I am looking infinately worse than I did.

I have learned not to trust my brain, but I am wondering if anyone else suffers from this odd self image situation.

Hell - my pants that fitted snuggly in December won't even stay on now!

Frickin brain!

:omg: Yes, I know exactly how you feel. All the packed fat is now hanging like bubbles having some of the air sucked out of them. Ugh!! I hat it. Jigglypuff stuff. When it empties out them it just looks positively gross. The joys of losing 100lbs:faint:

Sounds like you are doing great with your weight lost. You might want to start excercising and lifting weights. Some of those Protein Shakes help with working out, turning fat to muscle. I lift 10 lbs and 3 lbs.

dawg, i really do feel the same. the inside of my thighs are all loose and soft compared to before. and my butt is sagging. LOL I went to get out of bed the other day, and my fat tummy and leg smacked together and made the worse sound. i fell flat on the bed and cried. Yeah I've lost, but my bod feels like it is a candle on a hot window sill.

Lifting weights are in my very near future.

Right now I am focusing on the Dreadmill and trying to improve my cardio vascular health. I've sat on my tuckus in almost complete inactivity for 13 years.

Much as I'd love to add that extra muscle to burn those calories, I have to improve the one in my chest first (lift weight, heart explodes - definate weight loss assured).

I noticed some definate flappy skin under my arms today as well. Long term I will have to fill that up with muscle. The belly and the inside of my thighs I fear will be beyond help.

I won't ever have surgery (except life or death) so I guess I'll be tucking my stomach and my shirt in :confused:

At least its only the missus has to look at my wobblyness.

I won't ever have surgery (except life or death) so I guess I'll be tucking my stomach and my shirt in :confused:

At least its only the missus has to look at my wobblyness.

I know exactly how u feel!....I know I've lost alot of weight but sometimes the flabbyness is so sickening to me I often wonder is being big as bad as this FLAB?...I know it's not but I've gotten to the point that I actually do have to tuck my stomach into my pants and that might sound weird but it's TRUE....and quiet disgusting at times ....I know that working out will improve some cases of flab but when you have alot it's about impossible to tighten all of it up....atleast you've got a good outlook on things your misses loves u as u are now and with a little flab she'll love you the same :cake:

I've noticed a definite "loosening" but not too bad, and you might find it improves a bit over time, which is why they often say to wait 2 years from reaching goal to consider plastic surgery, not that many people probably do.

I dont think I got quite that fat that it's going to be a real problem to me but I do cringe at the thought of what my poor old boobies are going to look like, having gone from C's to DD's and fed 3 babies for six years as well. Not pretty. Probably not a problem you'll have, lol.

But its so not fair. It just shouldnt happen that way. But to be honest, if I end up with a wrinkly belly, I just plain dont care. I'm nearly 40, nobody but DH ever sees my belly anyhow. I've walked around with it fat for long enough, what's a bit of loose skin?

Probably not a problem you'll have, lol.

I am sad to say I was heavy enough to develop man boobs. I shall just have to fill my boob zkin with mazzive amountz ov muscles JA!

Sorry, for some reason I can't think about working out without putting on a German Physical Training Instructor voice.

I feel like a whiner tell the truth, I should be doing the happy (wobbly) dance.

Wow, that's awesome that your feely wobbly and jiggly! LOL Geez, what an accomplishment!! Your brain will catch up. Like you said, who trusts your (or mine for that matter) brain anyway! Congrats to you!

Kelli

I feel the same.

I feel more discusting than ever

I lost the weight but nothing really looks better (YET!)

Dawg, I feel the same too. Most days I pat myself on the back for losing weight, but for some reason that mean little voice in my head has gotten more critical of my body since I've lost weight. My arms, thighs, stomach, booty, you name it - they're all caving in. I'm a walking mudslide... :confused:

Work out! Work out!! Work out!! I didn't touch the gym until 3 months after surgery & my skin was doing the same thing. Your body is very forgiving. I am at the gym 5 times a day & I have seen a vast improvement. My stomach isn't sagging anymore!! It works!!

I Promise.:nod:

Work out! Work out!! Work out!! I didn't touch the gym until 3 months after surgery & my skin was doing the same thing. Your body is very forgiving. I am at the gym 5 times a day & I have seen a vast improvement. My stomach isn't sagging anymore!! It works!!

I Promise.:nod:

I do need to :confused:

Though somehow I feel dirty... you mean...actually USE the gym membership I've payed for consistantly for a couple years???

(slight exageration, I allowed the membership to lapse for at least three months - lol)

I will probably go for two more weeks of pure cardio at home and then hit the gym once I feel more confident that I can survive picking something up that is heavier than a coffee cup.

I do wonder though, I think some of this might be just in my mind.

Maybe I can get a brain lap band. It fits around the cerebral cortex and cuts down my ability to think (some probably think my brain PB's enough already without adding more restriction - GRIN).

What a problem to have, huh! I feel the exact same way. My tummy is starting to droop a bit and like FunnyDuddies my inner thighs, OMG, when I shake my legs, they have a mind of their own like they have their own wave party going on. Ikes! Looks like a Tummy Tuck and inner thigh lift for me! I am exercising and I haven't given up hope......yet.

Good luck to you on feeling better about yourself. You probably feel great with all that cardio going on - easier to get around, huh! Keep up the good work.

I'm positive....I think.....I hope.....I pray it will get better for all of us very soon!