Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Just Need To Vent And Could Use Some Encouragement

I got my band on 1/25. I went in a week later for an adjustment to loosen just a bit because I thought I wasn't eating enough. 24 hours later, I realized what a mistake I had made because I realized I had been measuring my food wrong...by weight instead of volume. So...for four days, I've been eating the full cup of food allowed for me, and two hours later, I'm hungry. I thought I might be able to go in today but the doctor said no. I have to wait a week and a half until my 3-week post-surgery check-up. I feel like an idiot. I'm worried about eating too much and not losing anything. Trying to remind myself of positives, but I'm wondering if anyone else has done this?

You can do it! So you made a little mistake? No worries, just move forward! I really think (KNOW) a lot of it is in your head! I came out of surgery thinking my doctor left 2 cc in my band. I really concentrated on eating slowly and listening to my body say, "you're full!" I've lost 18 pounds since surgery (I'm 4 weeks post-op today). But guess what? I went in for my first fill and found out I only had .5 cc in the band to start with! I lost that 18 pounds almost on my own! And now that I've had my first real fill, the scales are just going to keep going down from there!

We all make mistakes, and it's not the mistake that matters, it's what we do AFTER the mistake that counts!

Chin up girl! You can do it!

weight.png

I'm surprised you are experiencing all this so close to surgery. Issues with overheating usually don't affect people till after their 1 st fill, some later.

I do not worry about the portion size of food I eat. The band does that for me. I get to a point and I know it is time to stop. If I was to measure it, it would the same, if not less, than what is recommeneded.

But for those recently banded and those not in the Green Zone, you do not have the proper restriction to get this feedback, so you do need to measure and count calories.

Just banded on Feb 3rd. Doctor does not do any fills until six weeks post op. I can't even start mushy food until four weeks out.

Thanks Amica813 for the encouragement! My doctor had me on a fairly quick schedule post-op. 2 days of liquids, 2 days of mushies and then onto regular-consistency...if my body could handle it. I've been back and forth on the different textures. I was just disappointed that I couldn't go in today and "get back to where I started". Oh well..perseverence one day at a time! :) Thanks all.

To have to wait a week and a half is no time at all. I wouldn't stress about it. Just concentrate on eating healthily and not giving in to all the junk in the meantime.

Even post op I was weighing my Protein not using measuring cups. My doctor says 3 oz of protein either mushie or solid.

Thanks honk! That helps as I just had my fill two days ago...had my first mushies this morning (per my doc).

My post op diet was the same as yours. 2 days liquid, 2 days mushie then regular consistency. My doctor wouldn't do the first fill until six weeks post op. I thought the time would never pass. But you know what, it did. I tried to eat sensibly and work on how and what I was eating. I did ok, about 12 lbs from surgrey date to first fill. Stay focused, listen to your body, not your head and I'm sure you will come out on top. This is a marathon not a sprint.