Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I Missing Anything?/recipes

So I started me pre-op diet today, already starving, lol.

I know I can have my Protein Shakes, popsicles, Jello, pudding, juice, broths and Tomato Soup.< /p>

Anything I'm missing or does anyone have any cream Soup ideas? This broth and Tomato soup is going to get real old real fast!

all i could have pre surgery was 6 muscle milk lights a day and tons of Water. for 2 weeks it was crazy. but the muscle milks actually taste good and they have 20 g of protien so they do keep u full for a good amount of time considering. good luck in ur journey!!! it's super exciting!! i am about 3 weeks post op and cant wait to get my fill but its still awesome!!!

If you can have Tomato, you can have any of the cream non lumpy Soups or strain or blend the lumps. I love the ones that come in little boxes like a milk carton. Butternut squash, red pepper, etc! You can add your Protein Powder to them easily.

I ate the hell out of AppleBees cream of broccoli soup.... omg it's good. And the same Soups Xavier ate. Those are very good. I also blended Peanut Butter in my shakes.

I also bought the frozen fruit in a bag from Sam's and used those to make smoothies. It's a huge bag of mixed precut and skinned fruit... ready to go.

Yogurt too...

and don't be so hard on your self when your going thru this process. I cheated with a few chips... sad.png i just could help my self. It was in the first week and i was eating with friends at a Mexican place and ate a few..... but i did great the next week and really that's the week that really counts. I told my doctor and he laughed... and said i'll be fine.

Remember the first few months are the hardest. Be Prepared to self monitor. No restriction and you will be hungry. You may find that you can eat anything, but don't, push away. I remember thinking... i'm not supposed to be able to eat this much.. the nurse and doctor said so. So when i went in he again laughed and said, you have no fill in your band, this is why you can eat. But as time goes by it will get tighter and some of the things you can eat now, you wont be able to later....and it was so true.

So the best of luck to you and your new journey....

You are lucky that you get to eat stuff other than the shakes. I get 5 Protein shakes a day, with some Water in between!

I would kill for some Tomato Soup or broth! :)

If you can have Tomato, you can have any of the cream non lumpy Soups or strain or blend the lumps. I love the ones that come in little boxes like a milk carton. Butternut squash, red pepper, etc! You can add your Protein powder to them easily.

I will have to look for these, I couldn't find anything cream w/o any chunky food peices in it,,

I ate the hell out of AppleBees cream of broccoli soup.... omg it's good. And the same Soups Xavier ate. Those are very good. I also blended Peanut Butter in my shakes.

I also bought the frozen fruit in a bag from Sam's and used those to make smoothies. It's a huge bag of mixed precut and skinned fruit... ready to go.

Yogurt too...

and don't be so hard on your self when your going thru this process. I cheated with a few chips... sad.png i just could help my self. It was in the first week and i was eating with friends at a Mexican place and ate a few..... but i did great the next week and really that's the week that really counts. I told my doctor and he laughed... and said i'll be fine.

Remember the first few months are the hardest. Be Prepared to self monitor. No restriction and you will be hungry. You may find that you can eat anything, but don't, push away. I remember thinking... i'm not supposed to be able to eat this much.. the nurse and doctor said so. So when i went in he again laughed and said, you have no fill in your band, this is why you can eat. But as time goes by it will get tighter and some of the things you can eat now, you wont be able to later....and it was so true.

Thanks girl! I'm actually not allowed to have anything fruit, or fruit based with the exception of popsicles and Jello. So this cream of broccoli Soup you speak of has no solid food pieces in it?

You are lucky that you get to eat stuff other than the shakes. I get 5 Protein shakes a day, with some Water in between!

I would kill for some Tomato Soup or broth! smile.png

Holy cow that's crazy! I feel bad now for whining about my diet lol

that sucks, goodluck to you!

Wow, you're lucky to have all this, I was only on the shakes for 3 weeks prior to my surgery.

I had my surgery in July 2011, didn't have my "real fill" until September...Good luck and welcome to the new you!

Yogurt too...

Hi, I am still decidin on the surgerie. When you say "things you won't be able to eat" What are they, and why? Is it that you get a stomach ache or you will throw up or what? JEN

I will have to look for these, I couldn't find anything cream w/o any chunky food peices in it,,

Could you put the chunky ones in the blender?

So yes the Soup has pieces in it, i just had them give me as much broth and as little pieces as they could, they were happy to help. I did the same with other Soups too.

Jenc.... Everyone is different. They're people here that can eat anything in small amounts and chewing well. And then they have "most" of us that have trouble with some foods.

I have the 14cc band and i have 10.5cc's in it now. I was up to 10.9 but some evaporated over time... or so the dr. said. At first i could eat anything, bread, rice, spaghetti, all fruit, ... Here are a few things i can't eat anymore... again, this is just me....

Bread, rice, grits, steak, over cooked Protein (dry chicken..etc), no leftover Protein (so if i go out to eat i can eat the leftover Soup or veggies, but not chicken..) I have not had a hamburger with two Buns in almost two years, no hot dog on bun, no pizza crust (i can eat toppings), I can eat potatoes, Pasta (but not spaghetti), most fruit (but not pineapple, apples, or the out side of oranges), I can eat mixed greens but not iceberg lett.,

My weaknesses are still chips, ice cream, and candy. i can still eat all those. I still do drink one can of mt. dew a day..(the smallest can they make takes me all day). I never eat and drink at the same time. The Ice cream, i buy the small blue bell individuals and have one when i get the urge... which is about once a week. One candy bar will last me about 3-4 days, i take a bite and put it away. chips i buy the 100 cal bag or the sun chips.

This is what my day looks like: Breakfast normally i eat crackers (crunchmaster whole grain) and cheese (mini baby bell) with coffee. Or on the weekends i eat one scrambled egg and coffee.< /p>

lunch i mostly eat salad or soup, veggies, crackers, cheese.< /p>

snack something crunchy or small bag of chips fruit or a smoothie.

dinner sometime i'm eat a bowl of Cereal (not supposed to but i do), chicken, seafood, veggies.

NEVER eat buffets any more and if we go out, i ask for a go plate to be brought out with my meal. I pack 90% of it away before i take a bite.

I can ramble all day, but ill stop here...

Good luck

Ive been experimenting with blending Soups and some taste pretty good with the chunks smoothed out.. cream of mushroom.. lentil soup.. I even blended up a chinese take out's sweet corn chicken Soup, added some extra lemon and black pepper and it was great!

I think if you have a basic vegetable or chicken broth, it would make it less boring adding different flavors to it each time you have it, like one day add lime juice and a little soy sauce for an asian touch.. next day add oregano/thyme and garlic/onion powder for an italian mood.. hhmmmm a little curry powder and dried chilli flakes for an indian feel..

stuff like that :)

you could probably find recipes online for healthy soups that have good blend potential, hmmm i wonder how much experimenting members have done with their blenders hehe :)

So yes the Soup has pieces in it, i just had them give me as much broth and as little pieces as they could, they were happy to help. I did the same with other Soups too.

Jenc.... Everyone is different. They're people here that can eat anything in small amounts and chewing well. And then they have "most" of us that have trouble with some foods.

I have the 14cc band and i have 10.5cc's in it now. I was up to 10.9 but some evaporated over time... or so the dr. said. At first i could eat anything, bread, rice, spaghetti, all fruit, ... Here are a few things i can't eat anymore... again, this is just me....

Bread, rice, grits, steak, over cooked Protein (dry chicken..etc), no leftover Protein (so if i go out to eat i can eat the leftover soup or veggies, but not chicken..) I have not had a hamburger with two Buns in almost two years, no hot dog on bun, no pizza crust (i can eat toppings), I can eat potatoes, Pasta (but not spaghetti), most fruit (but not pineapple, apples, or the out side of oranges), I can eat mixed greens but not iceberg lett.,

My weaknesses are still chips, ice cream, and candy. i can still eat all those. I still do drink one can of mt. dew a day..(the smallest can they make takes me all day). I never eat and drink at the same time. The Ice cream, i buy the small blue bell individuals and have one when i get the urge... which is about once a week. One candy bar will last me about 3-4 days, i take a bite and put it away. chips i buy the 100 cal bag or the sun chips.

This is what my day looks like: Breakfast normally i eat crackers (crunchmaster whole grain) and cheese (mini baby bell) with coffee. Or on the weekends i eat one scrambled egg and coffee.< /p>

lunch i mostly eat salad or soup, veggies, crackers, cheese.< /p>

snack something crunchy or small bag of chips fruit or a smoothie.< /p>

dinner sometime i'm eat a bowl of Cereal (not supposed to but i do), chicken, seafood, veggies.

NEVER eat buffets any more and if we go out, i ask for a go plate to be brought out with my meal. I pack 90% of it away before i take a bite.

I can ramble all day, but ill stop here...

Good luck

Hi, Thanks for responding! I still however don't understand why you can eat Pasta but not spaghetti. And not grits and iceburg lettuce etc. What is the indicator? In other words, what will phisically happen when you do eat these things? I'm not looking forward to a bunch of stomache aches and throwing up! Sorry to be so blunt..... Thanks, JEN

I really don't understand it either. I can go to Olive Garden and eat the raviolis and or the penni Pasta with no problems, but if i try to eat spaghetti.... it gets stuck and i throw it up.

Something with Ice burg lettuce .... maybe its that it is the texture.. won't go down. Grits... I can eat "cooked" grits.... but not the instant packets.

I never get stomach aches. When i gets stuck it feels like the terrible heartburn. And i start belching and then it just comes up. No other way to say it.