Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Co-Worker Wants To Have Lap Band

I've decided just to quit talking to her about the lap band. I've reminded her til I'm blue in the face that it's a life style change, not a miracle cue. While I had prepackaged grapefruit and crab meat for lunch today, she had leftover pizza. (Yea I know great combo eh?)

Hopefully she will actually see my lifestyle change (walking at lunch, changing to workout clothes at the end of the day to head to the gym, healthier food choices, et) and realize that she will have to change. In the meantime, I'll live my life and let her live hers.

A lot of people think of it as a quick fix, and not a lifetime commitment! Just be a friend if she chooses to have lapband, when she needs you, be there! Good luck to you and her! Karen

Trial and Error .... Im trying to drill it in my head right now. I went out last night and tried to eat my meal without drinking. I also tried to make sure I chewed my food like twice as much as I normally do. It was sooooo hard .... sheesh! I am definitely going to need help with this transition. I guess its a good thing that I'm trying this before I'm banded.

My surgery is in March and the only support I have is this website. I've learned so much just reading posts and research of course. I still don't understand why people don't take this surgery and lifestyle changes serious. If you can't lose weight from this tool...you probably won't ever lose it. Just my opinion....

Here is an idea ---- suggest to her to look into RNY versus the lapband!

I had a co-worker very similar -- and she decided the RNY was a better choice for her and she IS doing VERY WELL with it!!!

Msan914 why would the RNY be better choice I dont know anything about it what is different about the 2///to comment on your co worker for myself I have found my band has made me make the changes because when I havent worked my band the way I am suppose too I got stuck and no food is worth that misery

With RNY if you eat something you shouldn't.............it immediatrly DUMPS from your system.

Some people with LB can each ice cream, mashed potatoes and other items.....and learn how to eat it and NOT get the food stuck in the pouch............and in the long run they don't loose weight.

So some people that KNOW they have a really really poor will power - and think they will "cheat the band" end up choosing RNY............as that can change the behavior.............

And the misery you mention -- can be tolerable for some people --- they think "better to regurgatate than to let it go through"................

Msan914 i m one of those people who cant throw up evan if i try so when i stuck i had to have a unfill it wouldnt go through i wonder if i had the other surger what would have happen when i got stuck???will power was the hardest part for me but now 3 months later down 45 I have a better amount of will power but right before my fill is do i could eat a horse and thats where my will power becomes week so if i am over eating i just chew it and spit it out does that sound crazy or what????