Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 2 Of Liquid Diet- Headaches!!!

Hello all!! I'm new here, and on day 2 of my liqud diet. I have followed my doctors exact instructions regarding my diet and I'm drinking plenty of Water but I have horrible headaches!!!! Has anyone else experienced this? If so, do you know why its happening? I have also been instructed not to take tylenol or anything similar.

Also, its not so much my hunger that bothering .. but my mental clarity. I just don't feel like myself!!!!!

Your body is basically detoxing from caffeine and all the foods you used to eat. Give it a couple more days and you'll be fine. I went through the exact same thing with real bad headaches and being SO tired. Only lasts a few days so wait it out. Good luck!

I had the same issue. Honestly, I think it was from malnutrition and low blood sugar, at least during the clear liquid phase. Being as you're on day two I'm assuming that's what phase you're on.

Are you taking a Multivitamin liquid? If not, you really should be.

It gets better once you're on full liquids. Try some no sugar added juice, like white grape or apple. It might help a little bit.

Plus you have just had an anaesthetic which can have these sort of after effects.

Ogh, don't I remember those days.... and YES ! it hurts.

Your body is saying feed me like you use to, or I'll let you know about it until you do..

DeToxing is what that is. You can add stress or whatever you want to it, but your body

is missing what its use to having.

It will go away, but everyone's different. So I can't say how long.

It'll get better though.

Vitamins are a key point ! Even though in the liquid stage, we were given Flintstone's COMPLETE / CHOLINE. These are chewable, and will dissolve in your mouth. So not a big deal. or dissolve them in Water and drink them. They help keep you peppy..

But they must be the complete with CHOLINE. We still take 3 a day. Hope this helps.

Shirley.

i was like that the week before surgery. They told me it was my body trying to fight against the new diet. I just had surgery this past Wednesday, talk about body signals. My head was killing me from lack of food. I couldn't tell if my stomach was growling or just the gasses rolling around and I had to hold onto the rails just incase i lost my balance. i just felt like i was in a fog and my 20/20 vision has been playing games with me since the surgery. Probably because of the pain killers I'm sure. it is day 5 now and i am feeling a bit better than i have been, just wish these stitches would let up some. Other than that, i am getting used to very little food and I am not feeling hungry like i used to. Considering i haven't had a fill yet, thats awesomelaugh.png Not sure why they tell you not to take tylenol. I was told i could take the liquid form or cut the pills in half, just no ibuprofin. Good luck to ya.

Are you pre-op or post-op?

If pre-op, your body's probably complaining about the drastic change in your food intake. And depending on what liquids you're consuming, it could be reacting to the ingredients, especially artificial sweeteners.

If you're post-op, the above comments still apply, and on top of that, the anesthetic is still working its way out of your system. I don't understand why you're not allowed to take an OTC pain reliever, though, so if I were you I'd call your surgeon's office and ask if it's OK to take some liquid Tylenol.

I didn't have any headaches after I was banded but the 2 week pre-op diet about killed me ... I actually had to call my friend who had wls several years ago and ask her what was going on ... I had a horrible headache and was extremely grumpy. She explained that it was because I was detoxing off the carbs and caffine ... You don't realize how much your body craves them and when you just stop taking them in your body reacts ... Carbs and caffine where my drug of choice and my body was fighting giving them up. Just hang in there and keep drinking your Water, it will get better !!!

Good luck to you =0)