Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello, i have had my band for almost 2 yrs now. i got sick in september and they had 2 take my fill out. i was at an eight and after i got better they put me at a six. i was struggling with the fact of the weight not coming off like i thought it would and now even worse i have gained. i started at 234lb and was at 170lb, i go tomorrow to see my dr assistant. by weighing at home ive gained 15-20lbs. talk bout frustrating but then it gets even harder for me. i have 3 other friends that have had the procedure done, 2 of them were after i had it done. i had talked to them about how great it was, and now not so great. they have all been at a 6 and with in a year look amazing, and have lost way more than i have in 2 yrs. i know we all lose differently, but seriously, i cry when i see pictures of them and how great they did, and wounder why not me, what did i do wrong? so im trying find somebody else that has possibly had the same thing happen, because right now i feel really alone, and all i keep finding on the internet is success stories or topics not close to what im feeling or dealing with.

One thing you did not mention...are you an active person, go the gym? Do a lot of outside activities?

Or are you a couch potatoe.

It always comes down to calories in versus calories burned!

The band is there to restict our calories in.

When you say you were at an eight and now you are at a six are you talking fills/ cc? It sounds to me like you need to go get a fill and get back to the green zone (if you were ever there).

You can't compare yourself with your friends. It's not a competition. Every one loses at a different pace. Keep on doing what you are supposed to and you will succeed.

I fully understand how you're feeling. I got my band 3/09, was doing I thought great, not much work, it was just coming off and I felt so good. I had an issue in July(10) (temp changes does crazy stuff to my band) and the dr. to out a little. I waited until Oct. to go back and I had put on about 10lbs. It started to come off again, and I went back for a fill in June. Now here are my current "issues", I don't get hungry...so I don't eat. This is very bad from what I've been told. I now hover around 175lbs. but the funny thing is I can wear a pair of jeans that I couldn't wear last summer (10) when I was 4lbs. lighter. The only thought is that the weight has shifted on my body. I realized tonight that I eat to much to often when I do eat. I had 6 shrimp and some thin Pasta for lunch, but dinner was 3 slices from a large pizza. To me that says fill, but my DH will lose his mind if I say I want one. The recommedation from the doc is 135lbs. I set my goal at 160lbs., hell I'm in my 50's and I don't need to be a hard body, this was about my BP and cancer. I am happy I can wear a 12 but when I hear of those who have lost 100 + lbs. I feel like I have failed. I live to far out for support groups, and I know that life stress is really kicking me hard. Many tell me how great I look now, but the "You must have lost a TON of weight!" is depressing. I always thought I look ok with what I had, the pictures tell a different story,,,and then I am ashamed. To add to my insult, eventhough I'm not loosing any weight, everything has started to saggggggggggg! We have free membership at the Y and I just can't get myself in there. If I had to look at friends who did this also, I might knock myself out. My biggest evil right now is coffee/creamers, I know it and can't stop. Keep kicking friend, we might get the dang bag off our heads and see this to the end.

niterun thank u so much for ur story!!. sorry when say 6 and 8, yes i do mean cc. no im not a couch potatoe, i dont have time to be, lol. with 3 kids and all the house work everyday, it leaves lil tv time. on to the whole working out thing, i was till my recent frustrations with it, cuz still no results, and i was even hungrier all the time. i did stairs, treadmill, was working on muscle toning, sometimes twice a day. i understand its not a competition thing, but when ive worked harder at this than they did, and have been at it longer, they look great and i dont have the same results, its very hurtful. i have my appt today, and will see what they say. thanks everybody

Hey! I had my lapband surgery in 2008 in Nov. I had lost about 50 lbs in a year and a half. I think that's slow! Anyway I then lost about 75 lbs. by the summer of 2010 and had a penniculectomy(more than a tummy tuck) as I had a lot of hanging fat! I weighed 236 when I had lapb. so at the time of the stomach surgery probably weighed 160(can't remember exactly). I had many, many stiches across my lower abdomen and drains on both sides. I had virtually no pain, just discomfort trying to sleep and etc. After about 1 month the swelling was gone and I then lost about 25 more lbs. During the time b/f the stomach surg. I had may 4 or 5 fills. Then about a year ago in this coming up April, my band seemed to tighted. I was having indigestion almost constantly and I would throw up my food, etc. I went to my surgeon and he took almost all my saline. I then gained about 20-25 lbs. Very discouraging!!! Then I began to get a little at a time put back in and I have lost about 10 of those 25 lbs. So I went from being in a 6 to some 8's and mostly now 10's. That is great considering I was wearing a 22 at the beginning! But it was also very depressing for me. I loved the 6!!! MY friends and family thought I looked too thin and sick though and think I look much better and healthier now. I am trying to exercise each day doing something. Also in the last 2 or 3 weeks I think my band has tightened again b/c it's very easy for me to get indigestion if I don't eat just about a palm full of food at one time. I'm trying to live with this though b/c I don't want to have saline taken out b/c I know I'll eat again too much a gain weight. I think from talking to friends that had the surgery after me that it's just going to be a struggle all the time. I'm trying to live with it. I do know I would not change the fact that I had the surgery. I don't ever want to be big again. like right now I have indigestion adn I've only had to eat this morning about 1/4 cup of sugerless Cereal and about that much milk and my Vitamins. Usually when I start out with indiges. I'll have it all day long. It's miserable!!

Wow, you guys make me feel like I have found a true family...I was banded in 7/11. I lost great guns at first and I am down 75 pounds. I went from a size 22W to the 14 I have on today. People say I look great - even skinny but..you knew there was a BUT ! I have about 5cc in my band (don't know exactly) and now I have stopped loosing weight. I am down 1 pound since December 1st...I even started weight watchers again so I would be weighed weekly and have to face someone with my weight. I am so afraid I am back to my old self. Diet, loose a bunch, look good, go back to eating what and when I want ! That is why I got the band to keep that from happening. I see the Dr. on 2/10 and I hope he does a fill. I think if it hurts too much to eat, I will get back in control. I have lose the DRIVE that came with the surgery and I need to find that again. I KNOW WHY I am not loosing - I stopped walking 2-3 miles per day, doing hand weights at night and I have returned to snacking - on slider foods (of course - you know- the ones that taste good !). I know what is wrong and I know how to fix it, I just can't get ME to FIX IT !!! This website is a real help but short of having my jaws wired shut, I feel like I too an a bit of a failure and I just can't admit that to anyone who hasn't been there before. Thanks for listening and keep these messages coming... Melinda in Jacksonville

thank u so much for your stories. i went today and got a fill, so at 7cc now. feels like starting over, but hope it helps. the weigh in was like a slap in the face. she is planning on measuring me next week. so i started at 234lb size 18, march of 2010, to 170lbs size 11-12 september 2011, to 195lbs size 13-14 today january 2012. UGH!!!! trying very hard to stay positive, and keep fighting the fight!!!