Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the Michigan people at??

banded for just about 2 months now, getting close to having lost 40lbs! im a senior in High School and in the 49014 area

Purplegirl, that is so awesome!!! I wish I had the opportunity to do this at a younger age. I'm so happy for you! You go girl!

I'm from the Northeast but would rather not say from where I'm from. I had my surgery done 9-21-07 in Port Huron with Dr. Zubin Bhesania he was great and so were the nurses in the unit.

I'm not able to attend the support groups in Port Huron and I'm hoping that my fellow banders will be my support. I'm on Clear Liquids for another 4 days and have lost 3 pounds so far. I really thought that I would have lost more but I no it will come off in time.

283/280/155

Susieq125

I had my band placed last March by Dr. Featherstone. The process went fairly smooth and the office handled all my insurance without any problems. I have 2.5cc in my 4 cc band. Have lost 47 pounds.

I'm not overly impressed with the bedside manner. I guess I just feel like a number as I walk through the door. I see them every 4 weeks for a checkup/weigh-in. Last time she didn't even remember my name or when I had my surgery. Perhaps she could have looked at my chart b4 she walked in the room.

Anyway, just one person's opinion.

Good Luck! Your gonna do great!

demsvmejm

hi i have a few ??? for you. did you have to do the Protein Drinks, what kind did you use. have you had any problems since your surgery. sounds like you did not have a good experience with dr's office. my pcp has said nothing but great things of dr's office. the process for me has been quick. the only problem i had was the phsy was out of network so i have to pay out of pocket. sounds like you are doing great, keep up the good work

sue:kiss2:

Hello all. I am new here. I am just beginning this process. I have BCBS Community Blue and live in the Lansing are. Does anyone have advice for me regarding treatment facilities and surgeries? I saw a lot of people had good things to say about Dr. Doehl but it looks at though her practice is moving to Chicago. I have a consultation/informational meeting on October 8 for Sparrow Weight Management. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Haven't heard anything about Sparrow. How long has their program been running? I was banded at Hurley and have been fairly pleased.

Obviously first and foremost I would like to find a good doctor/facility that is going to still be around in 2 years. But I also don't want to drive 5 hours to get my fills. I work full-time and I don't know that I can afford to do that much driving for all my follow-up appointments, etc.

obesityhelp.com is a great resource to look up people's thoughts and reviews about surgeons. But you need to put in the names individually and remember to click on OH when doing your search.

Good Luck!

hey SusieQ

yes, I drink Protein Shakes. I really like Muscle Milk Light banana, I mix it with light soy milk vanilla. Isopure grape frost (I get them at GNC at the Cherryland Center) The Isopure is a premade drink in a 20 oz bottle, kinda like kool-aide it's expensive for me $3.99 a bottle, but I buy when they are on sale. 40g Protein per 20 oz.

I really like the High Protein slimfast strawberry that is already made up. 15 g protein. LOVE the Pure Protein chocolate Peanut Butter bars 160 cals, 5 fat, 20g protein.

I haven't had any problems except Hair loss. (not enough protein) I've only thrown-up once, but I do slime when I eat too fast.

I won't put down the office, I should realize they see how many patients a week and can't remember everyones name that walks thru the door. Dr. is really good at giving fills, I'm a needle phobic and i've never felt a thing, even the numbing shot hardly hurts.

Hi I wrote note wondering if you don't have a support group to attend can and would fellow banders be support if I have concerns or just have questions?

That's what we're here for!

:welcomeB:

I do not attend a formal support group, LBT is my only source. And I love it!

Hi--I'm from Michigan too. I am also pre-op. I was told about this site from another person who was familiar with the site. I too would like to hear from others. :D

Hi Kimmi

I form Michigan as well. Where r u in the process of being banded? How has your journey been so far? R u getting nervous as surgery date approaches?

Caramel

Hi Doglover, I went to Sparrow Weight Management about a month ago. I met with Kathy Kazcynski RN. I am in the process of insurance approval. For me it is important to have closer access to my support system and the Dr. who will perform the surgery. I live about 20 mi from Sparrow. Let me know how your info meeting went. I'm hoping to be able to get banded by the beginning of the year.