Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was wondering, to those of you about 2-3 month post op with around 4cc fills, what,when and how much you eat on an average day??

this depends on what you eat. LOL lets see. I was banded on august 31 2011 had my first fill 4 wks post op at 3 cc and i could still eat quite a bit, had my second fill about 6 weeks after that of 1cc, he didnt really want to fill me that time because I was still averaging about 1lb week weight loss, i was filled in oct 2011 for second time with a total of about 4 cc. I was eating alot. 2 eggs for Breakfast with toast, chicken strips or whole chinese lunch meal and it didnt stop me any at christmas time either, was able to eat plate full with no sickness. I went back to my dr last week on jan 10th, he was not pleased that I had lost only 2 lbs in 2 months which i thought was great considering all the stuff i was eating. lol so he filled me with about 1.5 cc now total fill of 5.5 cc and I have a very good adjustment. I have been averaging about 1 scrambled egg a day for breakfast and I add salsa to it, it is somewhat difficult to get down so I have to take my time in between bites but it does satisfy me, for lunch yesterday I had 1/2 piece of baked fish, half of my green Beans and a side salad, that went down pretty good, when i got home later about 4 hours after i tried to eat the rest of my fish and green beans, 2 bites in I got stuck and had the slimy pb. then I had a 70 calorie secure Meal Replacement from andrew lessman with fat free milk. so that is what I am averaging now with 5.5 cc fill and I have lost 4 lbs in 1 week after this 3rd fill. so i think it takes a bit to find your sweet spot with the adjustments. good luck to you

Thanks for responding! I have been dealing with a lot of regurgitation-yuck,my own fault though- im having trouble slowing down chewing and taking the next bite. I really need to stay away from any soft bread- they get stuck just about every time!

I just saw you are in another group - Pcos bandsters- i have pcos too! Didn't know there was a group yay!

Do you snack?

At only 2-3 months out I was still able to eat quite a bit. I too have a problem slowing down and chewing! I swear I am the fastest eater in three counties! The band has helped with that but it is always a conscious effort for me and I really have to pay attention EVERY time I eat or I have pain or will vomit.

I was banded on Aug 17, 2010 and have met my goal. Here is an example of what I might eat on a typical day:

Breakfast: 1 egg or veggie sausage and 1 slice whole wheat bread

Lunch: veggie burger with whole wheat bread

Dinner: turkey or fish, greens, brown rice

When and if I snack I always eat Protein such as nuts, Protein Bars, Protein shakes, milk, or cheese. I have been eating more soy Protein lately because I am getting sick of meat. There are some great alternatives out there.

There are days when I am not hungry and days that I definitely eat more than what I listed above.

I really believe that I have done so well because I do NOT deprive myself of anything (ok Pasta is really hard and I don't really eat it anymore) I don't skip desert I just eat a heck of a lot less of it....everything in moderation is key.

I see you have PCOS. I do too! Man, it stinks.

Let me know if you need anything. I Am more than happy to help.

Darlene

i agree with above post, some days i can eat alot more than others. this morning I managed to get my breakfast down no problem, I had a 100 percent whole wheat tortilla and i browned it in skilled, scrambled 1 egg and put egg on tortilla with salsa and melted cheese, went down fine and filled me up. I get home around 2pm try to eat tuna fish and crackers, 2 bites and up it comes. so i think it just depends. now, pcos that is a different story. pcos makes our weight loss even harder than people without pcos, I also have diabetes which is another knife I have in my weight loss journey. I can say this though, I was not able to ever lose weight until I had this lap band. i just kept going up , up and up since the band I have lost 40 lbs, 20 of that was pre band so I am very pleased with the band. now Snacks. yes i snack, i dont deprive myself of things I like, if i snack i eat pretzel crisps, yogurts, Protein Shakes, cottage or pimento cheese, things like that. I occassionally slip and have some cheetohs or something bad but i try not to have that stuff in the house. I think snacking is okay as long as it is good snack choices and in moderation. and soft bread is a no no for me, I cannot in any way shape or form do soft bread, it is awful. toasted or harder breads are okay but still have some issues. this is good for me because I love bread so Im glad i cant eat it now. thanks for all the chats and knowing that I am not in this alone. its nice to have support. good luck and keep responding, I need all the lap band buddies I can find LOL

I think we should stick together girl! we have a lot of the same issues and things, except that i am a vegetarian and not a diabetic- sorry you have to deal with that and stupid pcos! maybe we can motivate each other! I sure would love a fellow cyster (hehe) to go thru this with!!

I was banded 9-28-11 and so far have lost about 22 lbs- dealing with some bloating so i will weigh when that is over.

Btw i love the fact that i can't tolerate breads either! MMmmm that was my weakness! And now i could care less yay!

i know right? bread... mmmmm I used to eat eat eat bread. now i am terrified of it.. LOL and I think to myself wow, shoulda done the lapband years ago before I filled my self with 7 trucks of bread LOL it is so hard learning to eat the right way but it is good also. I just ordered food from schwans , they have a live smart menu with foods, I just had their turkey meatballs, broccoli and wild rice, not bad. and I agree, we definitely need to stick together, I need all the support I can get. :)

how funny! I'm in that PCOS boat with you ladies, so moooooove over and make room! I was banded on Oct. 21st, and didnt have my first fill until December 13th. For the first fill, he gave me 3ccs, and I have been pretty OK with that since (didnt have another fill at my last appt on Jan 17th). I didnt have pre-op diet since it was required, and I am down to 187lbs now. I've lost 40lbs since the surgery date. For me, I was like dar36, and I would eat fast and never really chew my food well. After the first month out, I had a really hard time eating in the morning, and I would get stuck with even the smallest and best chewed piece of food.< /p>

I read on here that other people went through the same thing, and a lot of them recommended drinking something hot in the morning to "open" or relax the bad. So, I have my coffee first, then I wait 30 mins, then I will eat my breakfast, which is almost always 1/2 cup egg whites (end up being about 2 eggs worth) with 2oz chopped turkey breast, and with 1/3 of an avocado. Then I drizzle 2 tbsp medium salsa on it. I looks like an omlette, and it makes a very good sized one at that! I takes me about 30 minutes to eat it, because I eat it very very slowly. It has a ton of Protein, it's not that many cals, and the majority of the fat comes from the avocado. I have a hard time eating carbs like bread, Pasta, rice, because after they have gotten stuck so many times, my body is just afraid of em :-) It's great actually because I was a carboholic!!

For lunch, I usually have half a wrap, and I asked for it to be toasted, and I chew the tortilla very very well (the kind I get has grilled chicken portobello mushrooms, & fresh mozarella), or I will get fish. I usually only eat half of whatever lunch portion I am served.

For dinner, I typical eat the leftovers from my lunch, or if my hubby wants chinese, I will eat 1 moo shu pancake wrapped with lots of the cabbage and chicken.< /p>

I snack on things like cheese, dried wasabi edamame, almonds. I look for high Protein and high Fiber Snacks. I also drink Vitamin Water during the day (cause let's face it, Water just doesnt cut it) :-)

I typically eat anywhere from 750-1100 calories depending on the day. If I am having a low cal day, sometimes when I work, I can't run out and eat, so I grab my EAS carb control Protein shake and keep it in the fridge at work. This way if I can;t eat, I can always drink on and get my protein for lunch.

So far, it seems to be doing well, and I am pleased as punch :-)

by the way, I just ate the lean cuisine chicken potstickers... if you like asian stuff with a little spice, these were really yummy and only 270 cals for the bag, with 11 grams Protein, and 5 grams fiber... it had 6 grams fat. I am full too! They were well worth it for lunch!!!

You guys are great to talk with! thanks so much and let's keep in touch :)

I get my third fill- will be about 1cc- tomorrow- hopefully i can stop here. I get hungry about 2.5 -3 hrs after a meal and i think my weight loss has stalled (havent weighed in cause of bloating). I will have 5 cc total.

it took 3 adjustments for me to finally get full on small amounts of foods, I was eating like a champ after surgery and after first 2 fills. i have total of 5.5 cc in my 10 cc band and i have good restriction. as far as lean cuisine meals go, I love those meals but I am diabetic and pcos and the carbs are just way to high in those frozen meals, they make my blood sugar spike up. its really hard when you have to find things that are low in carbs, low in sugar and low in calories, might as well just eat meat.. LOL