Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Start Pre-Op Diet On Thursday- Surgery 1/26

I'm so excited! Met with the surgeon and he answered all my questions- he leaves 2-3 cc's in the band at surgery, which is nice. Then follwup every 4-6 weeks, with fills then if needed.

I start the pre-op liver shrinking diet on Thursday, and I'll have a lot of fun with that, LOL.

I'm on my way, and I can't wait!

I am starting my liquid diet in the morning! my surgery is on Tuesday! i am way excited to!! good luck and speedy recovery

That pre-op diet was rough because (obviously) you're not restricted yet. But, stick with it, it's worth it.

bpsmith1234, there's a few things to have on hand:

-chicken broth or chicken stock

-any clear juice, like apple or white grape

-sugar free popsicles

-sugar free Jello

-tea

Most surgeons also allow low-fat yogurt and skim milk during the clear liquid phase, especially post-op. The reason is, they're a great source of Protein. Greek yogurt is supposed to be the best because it's highest in Protein and loaded in pro-biotics.

My surgeon says anything in a blender thats not bumpy, lumpy, or chunky!, sugar-free jello/popsicles, and chicken/beef broth, and a Protein shake....

I currently use Dymatize Elite whey Protein Isolate in Gourmet vanilla 114 calories, 24g protein and 2g Carbs and 0 Sugars

My doctor said 3 Protein shakes a day and some steamed veggies- but really it's 800 calories. Yesterday I had a lunch and went over my calories, but just by a little and it's nothing I can't make up with some exercise.

I just have to work on not being a total crab while feeling hungry. I have really been liking the ocean spray on the go things, I like they don't have a real aspartame aftertaste, and they're 10 calories a pack.

I am excited, and I know that while this is not "magic," it will be magic for my head- I will have something that will help me not eat so much!

Starting pre op diet today, already hungry just thinking about it. FYI Zero Vitamin Water is really good. They have tons of different flavors.

I start my pre-op diet on Wednesday, Jan. 25th and I have to be on for 2 weeks....not exactly looking forward to it. Mine will be 2 daily made with Water Protein Shakes (122 cal each) and a small meal of 4 oz turkey, chicken or fish, and green vegetables. Nothing else!!!! I hope I am not too grouchy while on it. I have been following 1200 cals per day since Jan. 9th which is going fine. I have to be down to 218 lbs. my Feb. 2nd- my pre-op visit...I'm already down to 216.8 so I hope the starvation diet will help me go even beyond that. Today my daughter is taking me out to lunch at my favorite Greek restaurant for the last time, which will probably set me back a little but it's the last time for a very long time. Good luck to all of you!

I am 3 weeks post-op, did a supervised diet WW for 6 months lost 42#. Went on a trip and ate my faves, even tho' I knew I would still be able to eat them in moderation, the last day of vacation I got sick so I started my pre-op diet. My doctor does a full liquid diet for two weeks, Clear Liquids for two days after surgery, then full liquids for two weeks, mushies for two weeks after that, which is where I am now. Since June, between WW and my band I have lost 60 lbs. It can be hard but keep your goal in mind, stay focused, and get rid of trigger foods. Good Luck!!!! You will succeed

Hi, my surgery is also 1/26! Im so jealous that you get to drink shakes and eat veggies.. strictly clear liquids for me. :( 5 more days to go!

Mary

OMG!!!!! I have been on my pre op diet for 1 week (2 Protein Shakes and one meal of 4oz Protein and green vegetable.) Tomorrow I start all protein shakes. If I can do this I think I can do anything. I am scheduled for Jan 3oth. I am soooooo excited to be able to do this. I have been aware of being heavy since I was around 7 years old. Congratulations to all of you for the courage to do this and to help all of us that are following you. You being so open and talking about your experience is so helpful for us.

Newbe we have the same surgery date!! My Dr doesnt require a preop diet but i think ill do a few days of liquids on my own