Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Two Weeks...

jayeedee
Sign in to follow this  

How is everyone doing? or how did everyone do?

I'm rounding out the first which which my doctor prescribed as Clear Liquids only. I can't wait to make a salty watery yogurt drink come Friday...

I was banded with gastric plication on January 13, 2012. My physician has me on the Protein and liquid for 3 weeks. It is the hardest thing I have ever had to do...... any ideas on recipes, or Protein Drinks that have a good taste??? I wish I could just sleep this 3 weeks away!!!

We were banded the same day!!! I was only on liquids for a week before surgery, but I did some experimenting before hand for the post surgery diet (the pre-surgery they had a preferred shake that was awful and I couldn't stomach so I secretly switched).

The only Protein Shake I found that was good was metabolic reset, specifically the chocolate. I found that when you mix it with skim milk, it actually tastes like chocolate milk. I bought it at whole foods and Amazon carries it too. I also have some unflavored egg white Protein that I can mix in with liquidy yogurt or one of the 45 calorie coconut milk things and then I add one of the Archer Farms little fruity flavor packets and have a protein "smoothy". I just have to add liquid vitamins and Fiber (or crushed Vitamins if you are okay with the Vitamin taste).

Hey all! I was banded on the 10th. It seems so far away! Feeling great. Im on mushies for the rest of this week and next. I constantly re-reading my paperwork to make sure im not missing anything. Need to get moving. What are you all doing for exercise?

Glad everyone is doing so well!

I am walking. I didn't realize how much I dance while doing stuff until my husband started asking me, constantly, if I should be doing whatever it is that I'm doing while dancing. Cannot wait for the 6 weeks to be up so I can start weight/resistance training. I had a dream about exercise equipment last night. This inhibition to my mobility is driving me crazy!

Hi Everyone! I was just banded Mon 1/16. I'm feeling pretty good. I'm just on clear liquids and have to stay on them a few more days. I'm not having any trouble getting any Fluid down. i'm actually drinking more than the required minimum. The only issue i'm having is gas pain, feels like chest pain so it's sorta freaking me out. I've been reassured that it's normal and it will go away but it still makes me nervous. Anyone else going through this? Also when i woke up from a nap today I was hungry, my stomach was growling. I grabbed some Jello and that took care of it but i didnt expect to be hungry this early on.

And in response to Mags2u I haven't started exercising yet. I just got home from the hospital yesterday and am still kinda wiped out. My dr has told me to start walking 40 mins a day. It doesnt have to be all at once but I should try to get a 40 min total. Depending on how i feel tomorrow i'm gonna try to walk. I'm hoping that will help with the gas pains i'm getting as well.

Hope everyone else is doing well and i'm so glad i found this forum. 001_smile.gif

I am so happy I managed to avoid the gas pains. I was super scared of them. I took a gasx strip every 3 hours just to make sure they stayed at bay, since the box said I could have 8 a day. I occasionally had some burps that felt a little stuck, but nothing too severe. I'm sorry you weren't able to avoid the gas pains as well. From my few days ahead experience, once the gas started coming out the other end too, the burp stuck pain subsided, so relief is on the way if it hasn't already hit you yet!

Hi Everyone!

I was banded on Jan 9th and I am still on the Clear Liquids. My dr wants you on clear liquids 2 weeks, mushies 2 weeks, and then soft solids 2 weeks. I go for my post op visit tomorrow...excited. I am hoping to graduate to mushies!!! The gas pain will eventually fade away. It was ruff on me for a while. But, I started burping in recovery and havent stopped. To top it off, I hiccup and burp on the end. But, I am learning my band. This usually means I have dranked to much at one time and need to stop and sip. I started excerising this week by doing cardio for 30 mins everyday. I feel so great doing it too. Presently, I seem to be losing 1lb a day. My fiance tells me to stop weighing myself daily, but I can't help it because I am noticing how my body is changing. People who see me out is already telling me that my face looks different. Little do they know I have the lapband. I haven't told anyone except my imediate family. None of my friends know what I have done. Needless to say, I can't wait to see what they are going to say in two months.

Hi Mish!!

I weigh myself daily too, but only when I am working at losing... I know weight fluctuates daily but it lets me know if I am making progress... Plus I have edema so if there is a really high bump I know I need to do something to get rid of the Water. I was at around a pound a day on clear liquids. Now that I am full I will consider myself in the good intake range if I am at .5lbs a day. Good luck on two weeks of clear liquids!!

I moved to full liquids a day early yesterday because I was getting massive headaches by the end of the day from the week before surgery. Clear liquids made it that much worse. Since being able to cut out the artificial sweetners my head feels normal again... and I am soooooo thankful. I am looking forward to a week of pureed Soups and yogurty drinks.< /p>

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi everyone

I got banded jan. 16th and I'm feeling ok. Lots of gas that hurts like no tomorrow! I had a real bad hernia that was poking out of my chest it was pushing something out around my sternum so they fixed that as well. I'm on my clear liquids for 3 weeks but I'm wondering if I'm getting enough, I'm sooo weak. I'm trying to walk but I get very dizzy and then need a nap and this is from just getting up to go to the bathroom. I didn't tell anyone either Mish but then the day before my sugary I posted something on Facebook because I had already lost like 57lbs and people were saying I was on drugs or I was sick and dieing, they were spreding so many lies that my children were concerned. I think starting next week I will move to 3oz of protien in the morning,2oz twice in the day,tea,flavor Water and broth every 15 min thru the day and 3oz before I go to bed. I will be trying this to see how it gos.

Hi everyone

I got banded jan. 16th and I'm feeling ok. Lots of gas that hurts like no tomorrow! I had a real bad hernia that was poking out of my chest it was pushing something out around my sternum so they fixed that as well. I'm on my clear liquids for 3 weeks but I'm wondering if I'm getting enough, I'm sooo weak. I'm trying to walk but I get very dizzy and then need a nap and this is from just getting up to go to the bathroom. I didn't tell anyone either Mish but then the day before my sugary I posted something on Facebook because I had already lost like 57lbs and people were saying I was on drugs or I was sick and dieing, they were spreding so many lies that my children were concerned. I think starting next week I will move to 3oz of protien in the morning,2oz twice in the day,tea,flavor Water and broth every 15 min thru the day and 3oz before I go to bed. I will be trying this to see how it gos.

Lovelee P,

You have to get your 60g of Protein in even on the clear liquid diet. That is probably why you are dizzy. The protein will give you energy and keep you mostly full. Not all the way, BUT mostly!!! So you can put protein in your drinks, applesauce, pudding. Because that is what I did while on my thin liquid phase because those were items my dr had on the list for that phase. I hope this helps...Good Luck!

Oh, CONGRATS on the 57lb weight loss!!!!!!!!! :)

Mish is right about the Protein. I had my lapband the same day as you and my dr had me on just clear liquids for 4 days. I was so weak and miserable. I was totally regretting getting the surgery. All I did was nap and cry. I was able to start adding Protein Shakes to my diet yesterday and i can already tell the difference. 3 weeks on just clear liquids sounds like a really long time. I would check with your dr and see if you are able to add protein shakes, they made a world of difference for me. You need the protein to help with healing anyways. Good luck!!

Thanks for the tips girlz! my doc has me on 3 weeks of clear liquids and protien drinks, then 3 weeks of soft food that is things like apple sause and pudding, then I can have solid foods. I will be getting some protien flakes so I can put it in my food like my 0 cal home made apple sause and it is to die for if I can say so myself lol I've had many people ask me to make them some so now I'm looking into learning canning, so I can give them as gifts and if I can get it right I will put protien in it so Bariatric patients can love it as well as benifit at the same time.

Hey Everyone.

April Here. I was banded on Jan 3rd almost 3 weeks ago It seems like it was a life time ago.. I'm on soft foods and mushies now and lemme tell you.. Vegetables never ever tasted as good as they do when you haven't been able to eat for a month. ha ha I'm suppose to weight myself everyday and write it down but my weight loss has pretty much stalled for a week and its disappointing to do that everyday. I keep fighting with the same 3 pounds over and over. I lose it.. it comes back.. For exercise I do the walk away the pounds and also use the wii fit for this game called Basic step.. You step up and down on the wii board for 10-30 mins and it might seem very light but I work up a sweat in about 10 mins. Does anyone have any ideas how to win the war over this 3 pounds because I get my first fill on the 8th of feb and My doctor is a stickler. When I mentioned the healing period and how some people gain weight he shrugged it off and said it wasnt true. How are you guys exercising and keeping active?

Apreezy! I am stalled too! As soon as I added in full liquids my body said... alright we're done. It's been three days now. I'm not going to the bathroom as much either. I'm trying to increase my Water intake to see if it helps. My incision is still sore so I can't exercise too much without it hurting for the rest of the day so... I'm hoping once that is over with movement will help too.

Up your water is the only suggestion I have...

also, I am jealous about the vegetables... very, very jealous lol.