Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Bandster!!!

Well... I was scheduled for 2/6/12 with the surgery group that all the bad publicity came out on TV. Even the maker of the LapBand won't sell it to that group anymore. So I got all of my records from them and went to Dr. Krahn. I am now scheduled for February 29th, leap year day! LOL So after losing a total of 20lbs. on the first pre-op diet, I have started the pre-op diet all over again today, since my surgery will be in two weeks. At least I got one week off between the two diets! I can't wait to get this done and get this weight off once and for al!!

Sounds like you went what I went through. We need to count our blessings, I the the choice of your dr or dr coon, I chose to go to Dr. Coon. I am schedualed for the 24th....Good LUCK!!!

My port area is so sore. All of the other areas are ok, a little itchy, but in the evening it hurts pretty bad. Anyone else having this issue?

my port is sore also if I lay on my side or lay completely flat it feels as though it's pulling something. I really don't know which incision my port is under or by but I do know that it must be somewhere on the left because of soreness. my incision are itchy also and the staples that are holding them are pulling my skin too.

2 days post op and feeling ok... I definitely think the gas pains got worse today... Gas x does seem to help and it's not unbearable... The most difficult thing is getting in and out of bed... And, I can't tell if I'm having hunger pains or gas pains. The broth makes me gag, and I tired both chicken and beef today. Yuck. So I've been subsisting on Water, Vitamin water, watered down juice, and sf Jello. And two cups of green tea.

Got outside and played fetch with the dogs and walked around the yard alot, and that definitely helped me feeling better.

My port is located near my belly button its the largest incision. Not sure if its the same for you. I didn't have staples but the otherday my incisions were so red and itchy it was driving me nuts for a few days. My doctor said it was normal and it was my skin reacting to the tape even though the tape had been off for a few days they recomended benadryl or cortizone cream around them just not on them. I underst

and the bed thing. We had to buy a step stool so I could get in amd out olus my husband had to assist. Luckily he was home in leave for a week from the navy to help out. I also get the broth thing. I couldn't do it either. Jello seemed to be my best friend. It gets easier everyday and especially when the gas pains go away. I can pretty much tolerate anything at this point as long as I remind myself to chew well enough. I cant wait to have my fills done. I lost 14 lbs post op on the liquid diet but I have already put 4 back on. I need to feel that restriction! Good luck everyone!

Yay I'm down 10 lbs and I'm 9 days post op.... Hope this weight keeps shedding off...

Yay for all the losses! Dee, congrats for onederland. THAT is a huge goal for me. I haven't seen that weight since before 1997.

I am down 10 lbs since surgery. ( 02/29) But I know its because I am not eating. Only drinking. Not enough calories because my grueling growling stomach keeps throwing fits for food! I am sooooo ready for mushies stage. But first I have to do pureed and more liquid stage. I am sooooo sick of Protein shakes.