Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Bandster!!!

I am 2 days post op, I was in a lot of pain afterwards but is was mostly due to the gas that is used to inflate the stomach. I have been getting enough liquids, no nausea or vomiting, and no bowel movement yet?? I couldn't get rest the first night after surgery but lastnight I wore a support belt around my tummy and it really helped and was able to get sleep... Thankfully the whole procedure went smootly...

Great!! Each day you will be surprised how fast your body will heal, I'm one week post op today and I barely take the pain Meds now. Mostly only use them at night. I'm glad things went smooth for you!

It is amazing the improvement after only a few days. I feel better and better each day.

I just weighed myself and now I'm down 14lbs post op!!!!

I was just banded this morning. I arrived at the hospital at 6:15 am, surgery started at 8 am and I left at about 1:30 pm. Doctor Sao everything went great! I couldn't be happier with the results! I feel pretty good... Just a little discomfort which feels like pressure in the upper portion of my stomach... I believe it's gas.... Insicions a bit sore but bearable. I haven't taken any more meds other than the ones they gave me in the IV during surgery! I am to be on a clear liquid diet for 10 days. I am ecstatic to be on the loser side!! Can't wait for the pounds to drop!! If you have any specific questions feel free to ask me :) I will do my best to answer. Oh yeah, I do believe I have 4-5 incisions.

Congrats! I believe 5 is the normal amount of incisions but I could be wrong. The gas pain that you feel was definitely the worse for me, especially when it moved into my chest. Get well soon!

Thanks kissme! Yes when it moves to the chest that cause the most discomfort.

Thanks everyone, I have four incisions an yes the gas pain is terrible.... I have dropped 5 pounds so far and this is day 3 post op.... I do find that a heating pad Works great for my gas pain....

I never even thought of a heating pad that's a great idea!

I actually have an electric blanket that i put on high when i go to bed (turns off after 3 hours). I spread it out over the whole bed and seems to make everything relax. It was a big comfort for me this last week.

Yeah the heating pad helps me a ton.... I wish this week was over already...

Today was a much better day on the pre op liquid diet. I wasnt so hungry switched the boost shakes for the Atkins. Thanks to kissme drinking lots of water! That does help allot!

My first week was over today, I'm actually able to eat some solids already as ling as I chew super well! I still have been wanting to sleep it off a ton though. I think I'm being overly cautious but better that than not being cautious enough!

I just got a call today from my family physician and all the pre-op test results are in and she faxed them over to the bariatric surgeon's office. Should be hearing soon when I will be scheduled. I've already stopped taking baby aspirin and started the pre-op diet that he told me about when I met him a few weeks ago. Excited, anxious, and a little bit scared. Wondering what it will be like to give up some foods and old habits. But then I started making a list of things I won't miss, like:

Buying clothes in the big woman section

Buying clothes because they fit; not because of style.

Not being embarrassed in public, esp. at the beach or pool.

Not having any dresses that fit.

Not looking in the mirror and wondering "Who the heck is that fat woman?"

Being the fat sibling in the family.

Wearing capri pants in the hot summer because I'm embarrassed to wear shorts.

I could go on and on. Do you have anything you won't miss?

Debbie

s

What a wonderful way to look at a new life!

I wont miss worrying about having clothes to fit me, because I keep getting larger.

I wont miss looking at pictures of my self and crying.

I wont miss avoiding the camera and being out of most of the holiday family pictures.

and there are so many others.

Thank you for this insight.