Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got My Band!!!

toribaby
Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone. My name is Victoria, and I just got my band on January 5th! I am very excited and excited for all of you.

How are you feeling? I get banded tomorrow and I am starting to feel nervous!

Hello, I got my band on Jan. 5th also! I have been doing okay, no problems now other than a bloated stomach. Today, I woke up with the left shoulder pain that I have read so much about...thought I was going to be spared of that...but it's no biggie...just feels like being sore from a good workout. How much are you able to drink? I can drink my 4 oz with no problem and regularly suffer from a growling stomach but I don't want to drink more that what I was told. I alternate between shakes, broth, diet Jello, and just today added a low fat creamy Soup. Is anyone else experiencing hunger pains?

I'm not feeling that bloating everyone talks about? My surgeon "suspends" the liver out of the way with sutures anchoring it up. Not sure if everyone does that. Overall, I'm doing great. Getting my fluids/60g Protein Shakes in and thank God I finally pooped today (sorry to be so forthcoming!) Glad the site is back up. I was kind of going through withdrawls. Feeling slightly weak, but making myself get up and do little things around the house. Hope you all are well!

Maggie

I was banded on Monday, and I am swollen. I started burping in recovery and still burping. I figure it is gas. I just started passing gas out the other side. And I was rejoicing...LOL I have not had a bowel movement yet. Actually, I am afraid to because of the pressure on my abdomen. I graduated from the recliner to the bed last night. I handling my clear liquid diet like a champ. I just got an appetite today. But, I can't get down alot right now. I swear there must be Fluid in my band. But anywho...Im doing alot better today. Because the past few days were miserable!

I was banded on Monday, and I am swollen. I started burping in recovery and still burping. I figure it is gas. I just started passing gas out the other side. And I was rejoicing...LOL I have not had a bowel movement yet. Actually, I am afraid to because of the pressure on my abdomen. I graduated from the recliner to the bed last night. I handling my clear liquid diet like a champ. I just got an appetite today. But, I can't get down alot right now. I swear there must be Fluid in my band. But anywho...Im doing alot better today. Because the past few days were miserable!

Last night i stayed in the recliner and didnt sleep to good. Might try the bed tonight. When i breath in deep my left side pulls. Im backing down on my loratab to every 5hrs and 10ml instead if 15ml. I havent been hungry at all, hope that feeling lasts!

Hi! I got my Lap Band on the 12th and I am still not hungry. Did anyone else feel this way?

Hi! I got my Lap Band on the 12th and I am still not hungry. Did anyone else feel this way?

Yes! I could hear my stomach growling and rumbling, but no hunger. I am on to mushies for two weeks, and hopefully as the natural swelling of my body as it heals diminishes, I'm hoping no hunger to continue! I go for my first fill Feb 9th.

Hope it continues for you as well!

My stomach isn't even growling and I am forcing myself to "eat" my liquids. I also has a hernia removed so maybe that has something to do with it too. I am worried if I don't eat enough calories I will stop losing weight.

Mags, you said you are getting your 60g of Protein down...... what are you drinking? I need to get something else. Not really feeling the hunger, but my brain says I want something to eat......

Mags, you said you are getting your 60g of Protein down...... what are you drinking? I need to get something else. Not really feeling the hunger, but my brain says I want something to eat......

Im on mushy phase and still needing to add Protein Powder. I use nectar Brand chocolate and for a full scoop it has 24g protein. I also am sick of Protein Drinks so I purchased from Bariatric Choice the WonderSlim pudding. It has 12g I think og protein and i add 8g of my protein powder. Its a great little sweet snack for 20g of protein to boot! Im going to buy their pancake mix on my next phase because they are also 15g!

I am 3 weeks in and I still get the sharp left shoulder pain and pain at the port site. I am doing pretty good though. The pain only gets bad if I eat to much. I am suppose to be on the mush but, I went to visit family and didn't have any options so I have been eating normal foods but very carefully. My doc told me at the check up I was healing faster than most and that my surgery was the easiest she has ever done. Also I haven't had to take my insulin in 5 weeks. The 2 week pre diet and since the surgery. I feel hungry from time to time but I just make sure I eat every few hours and so far its gone well. I am glad no one on here has had any problems and I hope all our weight drops quickly. Good luck everyone.

so happy to hear all the positive talk get my band done tuesday 1/31/12 no one really knows im doin this just my husband,my one sister-in-law,and a cousin so im sure i will need alot of support frm alot of you so thank-you in advance Dancing_sorry.gif

so happy to hear all the positive talk get my band done tuesday 1/31/12 no one really knows im doin this just my husband,my one sister-in-law,and a cousin so im sure i will need alot of support frm alot of you so thank-you in advance

I didn't really tell anyone either. I am glad I didn't, but now everyone is asking about my wight loss. You are going to be so happy with your results! Good Luck!