Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Experienced Bandsters 70+lbs- How Did You Do It?

I have noticed some awesome weight lose numbers on this forum. If you have lost in excess of 70 pounds within a 1 year time frame - please tell us how you did it. Do you treat yourself at all; or were you on a strict and regimented diet? Is your lifestyle more lax now if you are in the maintainence stages? What was your daily calorie intake? What is it now? Did you exercise? Do you exercise now? How many cc's in your band? How large is your band? Please share your success stories.

If you click the link in my signature, it'll take you to a post I wrote a while ago about my own personal mindset wrt the band, and how I lost the weight. I am now in maintenance mode and I eat more than when I was losing, do not do any formal exercise (though I know other banders for whom formal exercise is something they continued to do) and find myself working not to lose anymore, as opposed to working not to gain, like I did all my life. I got down to about 117lbs mid last year and it did not look good on me, so now I make sure my weight doesn't fall below 130lbs.

I have a fair amount of ccs in my band - about 8.25 in a 10 cc band. However while I'm restricted, I am by no means too tight, and everyone is different. My dr says that of all his patients I am on the upper most scale of how much my band is filled, so obviously most people get there before they get 8.25cc's worth of fill.

I have never counted calories and I still don't, but I explain that in my post. Feel free to read it if you want.

I feel like I should clarify this with the fact I have gained 30 pounds from my lowest weight. I was a little too thin so my goal is to loose 20 of it. I am deffinately struggling with maintainance.

I lost 107 pounds in 10 months. I worked out 5 days a week- 4 are with a trainer doing weights. I started off slow- just walking slowly for 20 min. on the treadmill. I gradually worked up to jogging for 1/2 hour or walking briskly on an incline for 45 min.

My diet was very low carb/low fat/ high protien. I was very regimented in what I ate. A protien shake for Breakfast, lean meat and veggies for lunch and dinner. I snack on nuts and cheese in limited quantities.

I didn't allow myself any treats during the 10 months, or for a few months after that.

Well, that's my story. Good luck!

Great question... I'm instated in knowing what other bandsters do as well... I'm only a lil over 12wks out n I'm down 34#s... I'm excited to see were my journey takes me but I love reading others stories for motivation, inspiration, n encouragement!!! Great job everyone!!!

I lost all my excess weight in approx 6 months. I went from a BMI of 32 to a BMi of 23, I continued to lose and have now settled at a BMI of 21.4. However as I had a lower starting BMI that only involved losing a total of 53lb so my experience doesn't meet your criteria!