Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Small Cheat Big Issues

I had a small empanada during my mushy stage- I did chew well and took my time, i was fine till later that night i felt my stomach distended and like a ball drop in side 2 times. I am very gurgly today and not real pain but discomfort and feel full although sticking to Clear Liquids today- or until this passes! I also know that I am constipated so buyi that milk of magnesia on way home. Anyone else misbehave like me? Please do not yell at me, I know I should have waited to eat that hard afood for another 2 weeks. Just want to know if all is lost...

good luck

Most of us have one time or another. What you need to do now is forgive yourself, learn the lesson and move on. YOU CAN DO THIS!

I would never yell or shake my finger at you for cheating and I doubt most on here would either. I "cheat" all the time. I had pizza for lunch 30 minutes ago! The only difference is I only ate one small piece instead of half a pizza like I used to eat. That's only 110 calories and will keep me full until dinner. I know people are driven by the healthy eating and I totally agree. If i eat something that Jillian Michaels would smack me for, I just make sure to eat a small amount . It's win, win for me. I am still losing and not neglecting myself. All is not lost, you messed up one time and you'll mess up a lot more than that. We are all human and we didn't get in to the situation of needing the band by making right choices to begin with. You just need to make sure you follow doctor's orders in the first few stages until you are healed from surgery.

And BTW, every time I have to go on liquids before and after fills, my stomach gurgles, even when I am not drinking anything. I heard it was because your stomach is churning like it is supposed to but has no substance to break down. My BMs are also a lot more runny, (TMI, I know).

Good luck and never give up hope on yourself!!

I was tempted yes and I did fall, now the question is HOW is the band>? is all the gurgling etc from trying to digest the heavier food? Constipation part of problem? I dont feel sick or vomiting or anthing bad, but not as good as i was feeling before I ate that meatpie from hell. Oh and banded Dec 22, 11 so in my critical stage,

I'm not going to be food cop. I will say that my doctor required 3 group therapy sessions where we went over what triggers/causes overeating. Really affected me more than I would have expected. It ended up taking me 8 months from first consult to surgery (due to other health issues). During this time I really tried to live the life of a bandster. I made myself choose healthier foods; and foster a new relationship with food. I wish more doctors stressed the mental aspects of being banded. Though I think some don't want to be brutaly honest that some bandsters have to try/work really hard to loose weight. For me at least it has'nt just fallen off.

Do you have a good friend/family member who is thin? What are their food habits? How much do they eat? This stuff is'nt natural to us we need to learn.

I am so glad I chose WW for my recorded weight loss my insurance wanted. It was my 4th attempt and easier to do because I was working for approval of my band. But I feel this time it finally clicked on healthier eating and Portion Control on unhealthy foods. We will complete our journey nearly all of us will fall of the wagon at one time or another. Don't beat ourselves up, climb back on and listen to your band. Laddie is telling me right now that I need to eat.

I'm sure your band is fine - if you haven't had your 1st fill then you are most likely NOT stuck or stretching the stoma as you have no real restriction. We all fall, get back up and move on. The gurgling is normal. I'm still having it sometimes - drink a big glass of Water to see if it helps - it usually makes mine stop. And Constipation is most likely causing the distended belly. You need to get that handled immediately as that can make you very sick. Good luck and don't be so hard on yourself. This is a long process, not a short term deal. We all "cheat" occasionally and move on. Keep us posted on how you're doing!

Ok Im home and got my milk of magnesia, I think the Constipation is major issue, wont go into details. I have been on juice n milkshakes today and feel much better and yes no fills yet. I have all my 1/3 cup of foods prepared and have been doing just fine with diet but the office offered and it was small and i figured I could chew it to nothing -so I accepted. In my house there a NO bad foods- so I think Im fearing well, except this incident. just surprized a the way tummy behaved last nite, did not sleep at all. so was worried i did something

Yes, Grider, nearly everyone has done that ! Forgive yourself and be nice to yourself its just not a big deal!

I think Ill feel better when all pain is gone, I still fill that pulling feeling near the port and like i have been punched. I feel like day 1 post op- but I guess Ill just do liquids and hope tummy will calm down.

Hmm.. the port pulling sensation sound like what I felt after surgery where my body was healing and the port area twinged, burned, and pulled sometimes while being sore.

Your body is still healing and scaring around things etc. maybe you moved around too much or did something that now is making you sore.

Also, sounds like that empanada was simply finding its way down your stoma, through the band etc. Doubt you did anything. But I guarantee you probably are hyper paranoid that it is hurting something..it isn't.

Hope you can get your plumbing going. That will help soooo much all the way around.

I was banded on 12/21 and had big problems with Constipation. I took Milk of Magnesia two night ago and although I was sick for a good hour I felt so much better after. I actually lost 2.5 pounds after finally going. I had a lot of pressure like you are explaining until I went. I have been on muchies since day 10. Everyone's Dr. is different with their diet guidelines, but try to follow it. Try some chewable Fiber tablets daily they help a bit. Good luck!

Milk of magnesia did its charm. but still muscle pains and pulling around incisions, Im going to see if I get a waist band this morn. I read someone was helped by keeping muscles in place. I still have bruise from pre-op blood test, on my arm- although they say my incisions were healed, my inners probably NOT. staying on soft mushies. and yes worried I pulled something with the heavy food, though I think band is ok I dont know about the sutures- also had a huge hernia that was patched. If i take a deep breath, my back feels like it will break,I hope this pain goes away, I will feel better. Seeying my reg Dr tuesday.

I was tempted yes and I did fall, now the question is HOW is the band>? is all the gurgling etc from trying to digest the heavier food? Constipation part of problem? I dont feel sick or vomiting or anthing bad, but not as good as i was feeling before I ate that meatpie from hell. Oh and banded Dec 22, 11 so in my critical stage,