Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 15th here!!! I am super excited!

Same date as me! :) Goodluck!!

I wonder...found out my surgery time isn't until 1:00 PM!! That's making me kind of crazy, I expected it to be early in the morning :(

Anyone else have this?

Just waiting for Ins approval. Got approval from Doc. Hopping for February. But I know you will all think im crazy, but im having second thought. Did anyone else have a freak-out before surgery ?????

I had a freak out yesterday after signing all my consents and making it "official."

I'm feeling a little better now after everyone's encouragement, but I totally understand what you're going through.

I've been so optimistic about everything up until yesterday and it just hit me like a wall!

I think everyone goes through this thought process at one point or another and it's totally normal.

Just try to think about the positive things that this will do for you, and not the negative, because trust there's a lot more positive to come out of this than negative! (IMO)

I guess when I really think about it, my biggest fear is dying, but hey I'm already on that path anyway with pre-diabetes, high blood pressure etc...so what is their to lose? Besides weight! laugh.png

I wonder...found out my surgery time isn't until 1:00 PM!! That's making me kind of crazy, I expected it to be early in the morning :(

Anyone else have this?

I dont know what time my surgery will be yet (will be told on monday), but Im actually worried about it being in the morning!!! :0 Butterfly tummy before 9AM always turns into headspinning nausea! And I stress out about being late ( cuz I usually am ), and I imagine that waking up from surgery with only a few hours til bedtime would help day 1 go by quicker then waking up to a whole day ahead of you to deal with.. I dont know, 1PM looks just about perfect to me! Good luck :)

I dont know what time my surgery will be yet (will be told on monday), but Im actually worried about it being in the morning!!! :0 Butterfly tummy before 9AM always turns into headspinning nausea! And I stress out about being late ( cuz I usually am ), and I imagine that waking up from surgery with only a few hours til bedtime would help day 1 go by quicker then waking up to a whole day ahead of you to deal with.. I dont know, 1PM looks just about perfect to me! Good luck smile.png

lol I never thought about it that way. I guess it will be nice that by time it's all over with and I'm coming around the day will be almost over! I guess I was annoyed that a family member I work with is trying to make me come to work half a day since my surgery isn't until later, made me really want an early morning time, lol.

YAY! Finanlly got my surgery Date I can finally say I am a February bandster!!! Im scheduled for Feb. 16th, any one in Southern California? I would love to make some friends that will be in the same situation at the same time!

I just got approved...my pre-op is Feb 14, and my surgery date is Feb 28!

Yeah...just got my date, February 15th. Super excited!

After too much confusion and a surgeon moving offices in the middle of my appointments..I finally got a date today of February 3rd!!! Im so excited!!!

I am also Feb 3rd. I started the 2 week liquid diet today. I was ready to start this next phase. They have rescheduled my surgery date 2 times so I am not really excited, just anxious that something else is going to come up.

We are all on the same date!

How is your preop diet coming along??

I called my nurse at the surgeons office and switched things up a bit. Long story but I wrote a blog piece on it if interested. (blog is in my signature). I am on the opti fast for part of the day and it's gross. lol

But I am down almost 7 pounds in 3 days. Pretty crazy!! Oh and I finally found the liquid Tylenol. It's 500 mg but they now label it as Tylenol Sore Throat?! Not sure why, there is nothing else in the ingredients list. It was under my nose all along but since I was searching for the old bottle, I didn't think to look for it in the cold section with the other tylenols that have added ingredients.

I also went to a local apothecary health food neat shop and they had chewable papaya enzymes super cheap. I bought 200 of them for like $3.00. Not too shabby! Hope they work.

I can't believe NEXT Friday we have surgery!!! Holy Guacamole!!!

I just started a February 2012 Bandster group. I didn't find one...was there one I wasn't able to find?

We are all on the same date!

How is your preop diet coming along??

I called my nurse at the surgeons office and switched things up a bit. Long story but I wrote a blog piece on it if interested. (blog is in my signature). I am on the opti fast for part of the day and it's gross. lol

But I am down almost 7 pounds in 3 days. Pretty crazy!! Oh and I finally found the liquid Tylenol. It's 500 mg but they now label it as Tylenol Sore Throat?! Not sure why, there is nothing else in the ingredients list. It was under my nose all along but since I was searching for the old bottle, I didn't think to look for it in the cold section with the other tylenols that have added ingredients.

I also went to a local apothecary health food neat shop and they had chewable papaya enzymes super cheap. I bought 200 of them for like $3.00. Not too shabby! Hope they work.

I can't believe NEXT Friday we have surgery!!! Holy Guacamole!!!

Im kinda freaking out. They moved my date from the 3rd to THIS FRIDAY!!! Im kinda feeling ill informed because they have me on NO pre-op diet..not even mention of one...???

Im kinda freaking out. They moved my date from the 3rd to THIS FRIDAY!!! Im kinda feeling ill informed because they have me on NO pre-op diet..not even mention of one...???

Wow!! This Friday?? Well, why don't you call them and ask them? You may be able to do a few days of Protein shakes and then a super lite lean meat and veggie for dinner?

Or - you may not need one?? Some people have stated that their Dr didn't require one at all. I wish this process was more streamlined. So many different experiences and requirements both pre and post. I have read a ton of the shrinking of the liver and it's benefits pre surgery. So maybe read up and if he doesn't require it, adapt one if you see fit. ?! So excited for you none the less about this Friday!! I will be one week after you so by the following week, you can tell me what to expect LOL

Wow!! This Friday?? Well, why don't you call them and ask them? You may be able to do a few days of Protein shakes and then a super lite lean meat and veggie for dinner?

Or - you may not need one?? Some people have stated that their Dr didn't require one at all. I wish this process was more streamlined. So many different experiences and requirements both pre and post. I have read a ton of the shrinking of the liver and it's benefits pre surgery. So maybe read up and if he doesn't require it, adapt one if you see fit. ?! So excited for you none the less about this Friday!! I will be one week after you so by the following week, you can tell me what to expect LOL

I think your right and Im going to just adapt one. Im going to start it tomorrow for sure..it was too late by the time I found out this morning..lol. Ill absolutely let you know what to expect!

Hi Saucy, I read your blog and I think it's awesome. So far i am doing okay on the pre op diet. I am freakin starving though. I am on day 4 and I have lost 5 lbs. I am doing a Liquid Protein diet with Protein Bars. I have 4-6 shakes and 3 bars every day (800-900 cal). The only real issue I am having is I get more fatigued at the gym. I am hoping that my energy will come back once my body gets used to the lower calorie diet. I am glad there is someone on here with my surgery date to compare notes with.