Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters!! How Ya Feeling??

Hi Everyone-I was banded on December 15th......I feel great!! I had no pain after surgery-just the unreal left shoulder pain from the gas-It felt like my shoulder was dislocated!

I am at soft/pureed food stage-I haven't lost anything yet-lost 14 pds pre-op and that's it...I'm not over eating by no means-trust me...no fill yet, and feel my limit quickly!! I did start my exercises last week..and start back to work after the New Year---So hoping the weight starts coming off..Happy New Year!! Luck to you all!!Banane02.gif

Hello to ALL. I was banded on December 2, 2011. I do have restrictions; however, not as much as I need. I go in on January 4, 2012 for a fill. I have reservations about getting a fill after reading some of the posts. I do want to be too tight; but want more restriction. My doctor put 1cc in my band at time of surgery. The scale has not moved in over 2 weeks - I know I need to start exercising and eating more nutritious meals.

Hi all you December Banders-

I was banded on the 16th. I have lost a total including my pre op diet. 22lbs. I have been feeling pretty good. My incisions were looking good but, yesterday they started turning red around them and itch like crazy. They have me a just a little worried. I know that the scale is probably going to slow down now that I am eating more and not just liquids. I am still on mushy foods and that is going pretty well. I must say that I think I have been pretty good. I have not ate anything that has made me sick or over ate anything. I am listening to my band!!! I am watching how much I put into my body and learning how to control my urges. It is a beautiful thing!!! I have been doing a little bit of walking. I am looking forward to hitting the gym next week. The treadmill and I are going to be best friends!!!

Looking forward to seeing how everyone is doing in the new year.

Banded Wed 28 Dec 2011. Mild pain. Nothing that I can't stand. Love the medication. Puts me right to sleep. Quick ?.... My stomach sometimes makes a rumbling sound. I can't tell if it's bcuz I need to eat (even though I'm not hungry) or if it's due to my surgery being 2 days ago. Anybody experience this? What did u do?

Hello everyone, I was banded on 12/21 and have lost 15 pounds so far. My journey has been much easier than i thought it would be. I have had minimal pain from the beginning and practically no gas pains. I have a very low pain tolerance so I was very worried. I have no appetite but have been trying to eat and drink like the Dr. ordered. Yesterday I went for my post op and the Dr. said I could start on yogurt and cream of wheat and stuff and slowly move to mushies as tolerated. I have gone off my diabetes meds because for now my sugar is below 100. My port sight is a little sore and it bulges out a bit after I eat which can be gas. All in all I would do it again in a heart beat.

Hello fellow December Banders. I was banded onthe 19th. I feel good. been pretty hungry these last two days. Not sure if it hunger of liquid boredom. I don't feel and restriction, and have my follow up with doctor on 5th. So we will see how we do. I lost 30 pounds from starting weight. 9 pounds of it since surgery. good luck everyone suzi

I was banded december 22. I lost 1 pound pre-op and 14lbs post op. I was not put on a pre-op diet and tried to do it on my own...and lost the one pound. My first pre-op appointment is January 4. But anyways, I am on week two creamy liquids. I'm making it, but its been hard to do the 48 oz of Water everyday. The pain is gone. Mylanta gas chews are the bomb! I was so glad to sip my Tomato Soup and eat sugar free pudding! I mix my Protein mix with kefir and I will be so glad when I can have regular protein. When I saw John Stamos on the greek yogurt commercial I wanted greek yogurt. Since we cannot have fruit yogurt, I've been tolerating vanilla flavored greek yogurt. Tastes like sour cream. None of this takes the place of waffle fries or chicken minis...lol and I came to my mom's house and she made a brown sugar pecan cake and a yellow cake with cream cheese icing with pecans. Then my brother and my son just came home with Micky D's for everyone (my treat, but none for me). I'm staying in the room sipping my water. I'm excited about getting to the next levels and back to a new normal. I know that I will have to eat healthier but that's ok. I'm ready to EAT and not sip everything! But I love my band.

Banded yesterday, gas arrived bout 2 hours ago. Thought I would get lucky and escape it.....but it is here now. Not too bad, gonna walk and walk. Can start on my full liquids tomorrow.

cutecamille and everyone,

I was just banded on 19th. Lucky for me, my sister had Gastric Bypass in Sept and gave me a heads up on foods options and Protein. Greek yogurt- Great choice. Here some help so it not so sour cream like. I get Plain nonfat greek yogurt- then mix in a tiny bit of a sugarfree jam, a little gos a long way. Also a little bit of splenda helps a lot too. My sister sent me for Christmas a case of different flavored sugarfree coffee syrups( like they use at starbucks) I didn't take foil cover off top of bottle, just took toothpick and made a few holes so it can add a few drops here and there. Add the vanilla or carmel to plain yogurt too- has less sugar and calories then the vanilla flavored yogurt can add as little or as much as you want. I sometime add a little greek yogurt to my Protein Shake, makes it a little thinker and cuts the whey flavor down. I use the harzelnut or peppermint in my chocolate protein shake sometime. Still I miss chewing food. I was really wanting the popcorn the kids were eating today, and then the tacos. But soon we will be off liquid only. It been almost four weeks and I going a little crazy. I keep hiding in my room so I don't start looking at crunchy food in kitchen with longing. I'm starting to want food I don't even little just to chew something I think. When I almost grabbed the stale cheetos, I got in the car went to store, past all the fresh crusty breads and filled the cart with sugarfee Jello and puddings. My kids thought I was a bit crazy when I came home, all my sugarfree stuff and a bag from McD's for them, so I didn't have to make them lunch. So far they have eaten most of my sugar free popcicles, and one package of pudding and half of the jello, and half the McD's is in the frig. funny. Oh well it is only 60 cals, but now mommy needs to go shopping sooner. I also walk for an hour today on treadmill. it felt really good. New Year = new us! Good luck.

Hello Dec bandsters!

I was banded on Dec 9th. I have lost 27lbs overall and 13lbs since surgery. Weird thing is I lost the 13 pounds the first week after surgery. Since then, nada! I have even gained a pound back. After surgery I had massive grumbles in my tummy and reflux. That went away about 1 week post surgery but my appetite came back. BOO! It was a nice change of pace to not feel hungry or desire food. I guess this is bandster hell? I love all the lingo words we get to use since being banded.

Best wishes to everyone in their journey. I have two mantras: 1. The scale does not define me. 2. Progress not perfection.

Hey everyone! I was banded on December 20 and am down 13 lbs. I'm down a total of about 40 lbs. since starting this journey.

I felt great the first week and even told my doctor at my first appointment that I couldn't believe how good I felt. Now the last three days I have been in terrible pain. My left side hurts and gets a sharp, piercing pain when I breathe in. Now the pain in radiating up into my jaw. I'm hoping this passes soon because I just feel really crappy.

I have been off my pain meds since Christmas Eve but feel like I might need to take a dose tonight. I'm hopeful with a day or two of rest that this will subside.

I'm looking forward to keeping in touch with all of the December Bandsters! Best wishes for a happy, healthy 2012!

I was banded on December 28th. I had some shoulder and neck pain but I think that was due more to the position on the OR table than gas. I took some liquid Tylenol the first two days. Other than that I feel really good. My doctor wants us to drink 2 ounces of Water every 20 minutes for five days. It is kind of weird not having any food and not being hungry for all that time. I may not be hungry but the cravings are still there. Especially when you see something on TV. I think that it looks really delicious. I am looking forward to starting the Protein Shakes tomorrow. I gained 3 1/2 pounds the day of surgery. Didn't like that! I am down 35 pounds total. I am looking forward to being a part of this group.

Tracy, sounds like you should call your Doc. If he is not available you may need the ER. Radiating to your jaw doesn't sound right. It may just be gas but better to be sure.

It's January 1st 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M A DEC BANDER MY SURGERY WAS ON THE 8TH OF DEC NO PROBLEMS......

GO FOR MY 1ST FILL ON JAN 16TH 2012 CANT WAIT..........

DOWN AROUND 25 LBS SINCE SURGERY..... I FEEL LIKE A NEW PERSON GOING TO START WALKING TO LOSE

MORE WEIGHT BEFORE MY MD VISIT.

GOD BLESS

Tracy, sounds like you should call your Doc. If he is not available you may need the ER. Radiating to your jaw doesn't sound right. It may just be gas but better to be sure.

I was actually considering that yesterday, but told my husband that I would wait until Monday and then call. Luckily today things have been better. The pain in my side is definitiely gas/digestion related. The pain in my jaw is not as intense and seems to be related to my body trying to burp but nothing coming out.

I certainly do feel better today though. Thank goodness!