Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 Day Post Lap Band Surgery - Time For Mushies! Help!

I am now 14 days post op and its time to start mushies (slowly). I made it through today with cottage cheese, tuna fish and some mushed up Beans. After just those few things I am already starting to feel hungry again ... I made it through the first 2 wks perfectly on liquids. I am just worried that I am going to get to craving real food again too quick (already feel like I am) ! Any suggestions on "mushy" type foods that can take the place and take the edge of lol. I also started to notice that I dont feel much restriction as the bands not filled but I did feel a bit the first week and change as I guess I was healing..

Thoughts, Advice, Support!?

Thanks!

Sorry that I dont have any answers for you because I just got banded 6 days ago and I am starving. Me and the liquids are just not getting along. However, I wanted to ask you do you know when your doc intends to give you a fill? How was the tuna ? I really think I am going to have a hard time with the pureed phase. I cant imagine eating anything pureed and I cant see myself on baby food. I might just have to stay on liquids until soft solids or stick to pudding, yogurt, and applesause yikes. Did you put the tuna in a blender and how much would u say u ate ?

Crystal

I am on day 7 and mentally hungry. Are you allowed applesauce and yogurt and pudding already? I go for my postop check tomorrow and I really hope they say I can have some of that stuff or pureed food.< /p>

I ate things like Pasta and lasagne . tuna lasagne was a favourite. I grated all the veg in my food processor before cooking it to make sure they were extra small. Lots of mashed veg like pumpkin, squash, zucchini etc.

No worries on not having the answers! I had my post surgery appt last week, my fill is 1/31/11 which is about 6 wks from the surgery date. The tuna was great! I ate about 1/2 cup I would say? He did not tell me I had to put it in a blender, he suggested soft foods like egg salad and tuna fish, cream of wheat, Beans. Anything that is mushy that isnt going to be rough on my stomach and to take it easy and feel my way through it which is what I plan on doing. The liquid phase really didnt bother me, the Protein shakes filled me up and I am sure my appetite was just lower because of the surgery... but we are all different. I also have a vita mix at home so I made some of the Soups that you can with them and they did seem like a treat even though they were all liquid and in-line with the diet. I did not have any pudding, or yogurt or applesauce. Just Jello, liquids and some sugar free ice pops for 14 days. You'll get through it ... think about you are bascially halfway there.

Anyone else ? I'd love to hear back! And Crystal feel free to bounce anything else off of me id be glad to be "band buddies" lol.

Sherry, no I wasnt allowed any of that stuff on the liquid diet ... basically anything clear and that would be a liquid at room tempature per my doc! Load up on some more Protein it will help!!!!

Just got back from my post op visit...was banded 12 days ago and now dr said i can start eating mushies..Bananas, Beans, fish, baked sweet potatoes and eggs..i'm so excited. when i got home my hubby had boiled some eggs and i ate one, that was the best darn egg I ever tasted..lol. I never had to puree food, thank God, i was just on full liquids, like creamy Soups and Protein shakes...I go for my first fill on 1/18th and i'm already nervous

Tmr, the 29th is my lapband surgery but I remember my nutritionist saying mashed potatoes with gravy is ok in the pureed stage as well.

Hi guys,

All I have been doing is Protein shakes, tea, and sugar free hot chocolate...I hate Soup and the texture of Jello...whats wrong with me :(...Well I am glad that I dont have to put tuna and stuff like that in a blender because I have serious texture issues with food. I am sooooo over this liquid phase. I cant wait for something else, and we can all definately be band buddies. I would love the support. Nobody else in my circle can really understand what I am going through!

Crystal

I am finding support is the key! Luckily my brother had the surgery more then 5 years ago so I can lean on him a bit. It made the process alot easier so far, it also made it easier when talking to my close friends and family about it. I figured since the ice was already broken with him, it was that much easier to just to be out and open about it.

So far so good! feel free to PM me. I'd be glad to chat!

I'm stumped myself on the puree/mushie stage, I had carefuly steamed some salmon stuffed with spinach and chesse in the microwave, then i choped it up and added some chicken broth and into the processor it went, a small serving of fish blended up to about a custard cup full wich is 1/2 a cup or so. it was not bad but i think fish every night would get borring. I think baby food for fruits and veggies might work well in a pinch or carefuly cook my own and blend then frezze for later i guess.

thank god tomarow is payday and i'm excited to start cooking again.

For mushies I ate low-fat refried Beans. I mixed some taco sauce is to make them looser and then melted a bit of cheese on top and ate it with a little ff sour cream. I also added ricotta to a cup of jarred Pasta sauce and a sprinkle of ff mozzerella and nuked it. Tasted like lasagna w/out the Pasta. I mashed tuna or a hard boiled egg with a slice of very ripe avocado. Still a go to lunch for me. Mashed cauliflower. Mashed squash.

Try to get as much Protein as possible. It staved off the hunger. If you are still drinking Protein shakes mix them with lf milk or lite soy milk for an added boost of Protein.< /p>

About a cup. But I am learning to stop eating when I feel the least bit full. I once overate the refried Beans right after I started mushies cause they just tasted so good to me. I still was not going regularly. I had such a tummy ache for days that I could not eliminate. I never did it again.