Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all y'all,

I live near downtown Dallas and looking for a great surgeon in the Dallas area. With a good staff. Good follow-up care. Good support. I am a high risk case so I need the best. I've met 3 drs. so far, but noone has the right combination I'm looking for. Right now the dr's I'm considering are Cribbens, Hamm and Rodriquez.

If you have any recommendations, please let me know.

I was banded 2 1/2 years ago but I am in Florida. I do have friends in Dallas area that have been banded. I am going to share this on Facebook and see if any of them will reply to help you. I was lucky because I only went to one seminar and I just KNEW that he was the one to give me back my life and I haven't regretted it for a minute.

Good luck!

Thank you for replying and making such an effort to help me. Interestingly, I posted this in a new Texas group, and no one replied. I did get a couple of replies in the Lap Band Surgeons and Hospitals. Two doctors were highly recommended; one works for True Results. I dislike franchise health facilities, so I had avoided this one initially. But I am sooo tired of looking, I'm going to check these two docs out, and hopefully, pick one of them. Dr. Louis Fox and Dr. Marsden. I did originally choose a great surgeon, reportedly the best in the Southwest. His office is 35 miles away, and I dislike his support staff. So that's why I'm looking to change. Congrats on your weight loss. That terrific! I can only imagine how much better my life would be if I dropped that much weight. Hugs, Kate

Shiki - did you end up choosing one of these doctors? These are the two that I'm trying to choose between also.

My search for a doctor continues. My insurance is Medicare, and I haven't found one yet who takes it. Through my research, I have discovered a lot of great doctors. Rave reviews go to Marsden, Fox, Benavides, Hamn, and Cribbens. Fox supposedly gets the best results, probably because he is so strict. But his patients just love him, as do the patients of all the other docs mentioned. My top 2 doctors are Drs. Provost and Meyers. Provost is in Denton, but he's excellent! Meyers is in Dallas - highly recommended - I'm calling his office today.

I used Dr. Robert Snow out of Hurst. He works with True Results and also hasLone Star Bands. I loved the staff at both offices, and Dr. Snow is very personable. He seems to be interested in all aspects of his patients' health with the band (physical and mental/emotional). I would recommend him any day!!!!

weight.png

Thanks for all the recommendations. True Results doesn't accept Medicare, which is my insurance.

Looks like my surgeon will be Dr. Harry Meyers, who comes highly recommended. I have an appt for April 2.

I have the best doctor ever! He is in Arlington. Dr. Richard Carter. I owe him my life. I have my lap band 4 years ago and have lost 130lbs. There are a lot of good dr. here in Dallas.

I had dr fox and he was great!! His staff is so friendly and made me feel so comfortable. Loved him!

I'm starting from scratch again. Just found out the new surgeon, Dr. Harry Meyers, does not do lap band - only bypass and the sleeve. I'm very bummed. I really thought I finally had the right surgeon.

I'm having problems getting the right doc for several reasons.

1. My only insurance is Medicare. A lot of places don't take it.

2. It can only be lap band. Medicare only covers lap band, bypass or DS. I won't do bypass and DS would not be compatible with current health problems, so it's out.

3. I have a doc, but cannot get to his office. Only way I have to travel is with public transportation in a wheelchair, which does not go to his city -- it's too far away.

At 400 lbs. I'm too big to fit in most cars. I don't know anyone who has a car big enough for me.

I'm going to focus on trying to get mobility back. Believe me, it isn't easy when you can't move without extreme pain. I'm going to back off from searching for a doc right now. I just spent an entire year searching and got nowhere.

Dr Benevedies has been doing this surgery for a long time. Maybe they know someone. His office no is 972 331 8100. My insurance wont pay for wls so I am getting something else done and getting the band put in.

Dr Benevedies has been doing this surgery for a long time. Maybe they know someone. His office no is 972 331 8100. My insurance wont pay for wls so I am getting something else done and getting the band put in.

Dr. Daniel Scott at UT Southwestern did my surgery. He and his staff areWONDERFUL did I mention Dr. Scott is WOBDERFUL. He's incredibly knowledgable and experienced. I can't say enough about his and his staff. Please contact them. They'll take care of you. 214-645-2900. I pray you find someone soon. God Bless

BONILUU - Thank you for your excellent suggestions. I will call Dr. B and check with him.

Losethemess - I went to UT Southwestern & saw a female Dr. Islam. She said she couldn't handle me and referred me to Dr. Provost, who is the doc I have in Denton. Do you go to the monthly support meeting?

Sorry for late reply. I go the support group in Mansfield at Mansfield Methodist.