Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Setting Your Goals......

What are your goals? Have you reach them?

What advise can you give to others to help reach their goals and stay on track ?

I was Banded on December 1, 2011 BUT, I set 6 goals for myself even though im only 3 weeks post-op :P.

I want to lose about 60 lbs plus.

GOALS

My first goal was to drop 10 lbs...... and I did. Goal 1, COMPLETE (YAY)

Goal 2 Drop another 10 lbs..... 5 more lbs to go. YAY

Goal 3 drop another 10lbs....... You see where this is going .... lol

It's easier for me to say 10lbs each goal , rather then 60 plus lbs being my goal.

so I set 6 goals and only have 4 1/2 left. THAT WAS EASY !!

WHAT HELPS ME STAY ON TRACK:

Even though it's only been three weeks for me , i've noticed Im having troubles remembering to eat. I'm just not hungry.

BUT, I know if I dont eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hrs Im not going to lose the weight.

So what I did that's working out great for me is.. I set my alarm on my IPOD touch to go off every 3 hours. So every 3 hrs the alarm goes off and either its a Protein Shake or my 1/4 cup of food that's on my menu for that meal. THIS SEEMS TO WORK GREAT FOR ME. Now I don't forget to eat. and Ive notice the weight IS coming off faster .

I hope that helps someone!!!

Good luck to EVERY ONE and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL !

I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING "LESS" OF ALL OF YOU LOL

I'm a big goal kinda person, so for me, setting mini goals along the way wasnt really something I thought about doing.

Oh, I could have set them, but it would have been a spurious, artificial kind of thing for me, I had my eye on the big prize at the end.

And I'm not one to set "realistic" goals either. I wanted to lose a LOT of weight and get SLIM. I wouldnt have been happy just reaching a BMI of 25.

Everyone always tries to discourage me from these lofty goals, encourages me to set smaller, more reachable ones, but its just not my personality. And I tend to either reach a goal or I dont, there's no halfway for me.

So you do what you personally are comfortable with. If having a pedicure every 10lb motivates you, you do that. If you know you'll have the pedicure anyway, whether you lose 10lb or not, you dont bother.

I set a short term and a long term goal...my short term goal ends in about 3 weeks and I still have 8.7 pounds to go...let's hope I can drop that weight, so I can lose 100 pounds in 30 weeks! My long term goal was to be at my goal weight within a year...I have about 33 pounds to go in the next 25 weeks and then I have no clue how I will set my goals!

My first goal was to get under 100kg - done! My next goal is to wear a size 14. Currently at size 16-18 on the bottom, 16-14 on top but this time last year I was squeezing to get into a 26 so am well on my way! My other goal is to get off my last blood pressure tablet.