Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets Do This Together!!!!

Congrats! It sounds like you're doing great.

thanks! hope its going well for u 2

I won't lie and say it was painless, but it wasn't horrible. I bled and bled and bled afterwards (I'm on Plavix), and I wasn't expecting that. It stings afterward, but goes away fairly quickly. I just kept saying to myself, "This is part of it. It won't happen a lot. It will help me lose weight." the whole time and that seemed to help. Right now, I would say that I am right where I need to be as far as a fill goes. I feel lucky in that sense, because I've heard some people take 3 or more fills to get it right. I'm losing weight now and rarely feel hungry. I NEVER thought I would be able to say "I'm not hungry." I could ALWAYS eat before the band- didn't matter if I had eaten a full buffet- Bring on the Desserts. The band is a BLESSING and I'm willing to take that uncomfortable feeling to get to where I want to be!!!

mandyg, let us know how your fill goes. Praying that you get just the right amount the first time!!

I get my first fill on Tuesday, May 1st! I'm not nervous at all but now I'm thinking maybe I should be!! Excited for Tuesday! Good luck and congrats to everyone on your decision to change your life!!

I get my first fill on Tuesday, May 1st! I'm not nervous at all but now I'm thinking maybe I should be!! Excited for Tuesday! Good luck and congrats to everyone on your decision to change your life!!

Don't be nervous!! It is fine! I just wasn't informed about what it felt like beforehand. People told me "You won't feel a thing."- Yes, you will, but it isn't bad- just not as comfortable (for me) as some had experienced.

thanks for all the info and words of encouragement...so far i am glad i did this for me. im ready for the fill and to continue this wt loss. my husband says he can already tell i seem happier and have more energy..so im looking at this as the blessing that it is for a whole new me! wish me luck monday and i will keep u posted on how it goes!

I feel happier and have more energy too Mandyg! A question for all of you who have had the lapband. I get a pain where my stomach is almost every time after I eat. It's not bad but it's worrysome. I go in Tuesday but it has just been happening the last week or so. I don't know if something has happened to my band or what. Have any of you had anything similar? Thanks!!

Meemee I get the same thing only a couple of times though. It makes me think I either didn't chew enough or take small enough bites. I really don't feel too much restriction yet, my first fill is on Wednesday, looking forward to it!! I've been at the same weight for about 2 weeks now, since starting mushies. Kind of discouraging but I'm hoping the fill will make a difference. I'm even wondering about that now as I've seen some say they didn't feel any restriction after the first fill. I hope I do! Especially since my doctor is an hour and a half away.

My fill was fine but I wasn't prepared to sit up with the needle still in me! I get full faster but nothing has gotten stuck...thank goodness!!

i got my second fill today...hoping for some more restriction...i am down 20lbs so far...its nice that people are starting to comment on the wt coming off! and my husband is definetly noticing too! i didnt lose as much between fill #1 and this one as i wanted to but the doctor assured me thats normal and it takes time...praying for patience and to take one step at a time!

Hey guys!

I was banded on march 15 and just went in for my third fill! I am hoping that the hungers go way and I find my green zone very soon! I have 5ccs in a 14 cc band. So far I have lost thirty pounds and am felling much better. Not as tired all the time.

Can't wait to hear more stories from everyone!

Hey guys!

I was banded on march 15 and just went in for my third fill! I am hoping that the hungers go way and I find my green zone very soon! I have 5ccs in a 14 cc band. So far I have lost thirty pounds and am felling much better. Not as tired all the time.

Can't wait to hear more stories from everyone!

Congrats! Keep up the good work.