Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone,

I went for my second fill on Monday. My doctor asked me about my diet. I told him that one meal I eat regularly for dinner is this:

three chicken tenderloins in a skillet

small amount of cottage cheese

baked potato

I don't usually finish the whole meal...

He almost went ballistic and told me I'm over eating and I'm going to stretch out my stomach and be unsuccessful long-term. I got a second fill after his lecture and tonight I just ate two pieces of chicken. It's the small, chicken finger-like chicken but without breading. What do you all think? I've lost 29 pounds since my surgery which was 9/14/11.

Thanks!!

I go for my second fill tomorrow, and I was told it's normal to not be full and eating larger meals because my band is still loose, so I wouldn't worry to much, if you are eating slowly an listening to what your band is doing then it should be fine. I eat 1 salad wrap for lunch whereas about two weeks ago could only eat half. But you should listen to your doctor to and tell him your still hungry. You prob won't hit the green zone for a while so don't stress! :) I doubt your gonna stretch your pouch, I think that only happens if you eat like that for months on end. Hope I was useful! :)

Jessie

Why not use one of the calorie trackers to be sure you're not eating more

than you want to. You should probably be eating 850 to 1000 calories a

day to lose an average of 1-3 lbs a week. As long as you make sure your

diet is well balanced, you should lose what you expect to.

I'm keeping track of fat grams. He said that's all I need to keep track of...just don't eat more than 25-30 grams of fat per day.

I don't think that is bad. Maybe the potato is not so good, but I don't really think it is to much. I used to not really eat carbs, but now I do, mostly they're Low GI carbs though. I also personally believe that you should not eat less than 1200 calories per day. I now eat much more than that and I'm losing better than ever (due to my workouts and my lifestyle).

not to be a nay sayer, but i have to agree with your doc on this one all the way. the band is made to create a pouch that holds 4-5oz. and that's how large your meals should be, anything more will yes, stretch the pouch. that's half a cup of food! a better meal would be 2-2.5 chicken tenderloins which might make up 2-3 oz. and your starch would equal 2 oz or a few bites of potato or cottage cheese (not both). i know i'm being harsh but only because you paid good money to do this right, after all u are paying your doc to hold u accountable.

I had my second fill about 2 weeks ago and i can eat a whole 6 inch from subway. I feel like im eating to much as well. Going back to the doc next week.

I had my second fill about 2 weeks ago and i can eat a whole 6 inch from subway. I feel like im eating to much as well. Going back to the doc next week.

REMEMBER PEOPLE...just because you can DOESN'T mean you should. if i ate everything i could eat, i'd be right back to where i started, so i don't, or TRY MY BEST not to. i'm new at all this too, but until i hit my sweet spot i know i have to use will power and work with my band, not test it with large amounts of food

Tulip don't eat until you are full, only till you are satisfied. I have never been able to eat that much with my band and have done wonderful. It is hard to learn to stop and know you are satisfied but you can do it. I now stop and dump my food in the disposal so I don't keep eating!

Tryna just because you can eat that six inch sub doesn't mean you should. That is a lot to put in your pouch, I do not do bread or potatoes at all. If you have to go to subway get a salad or just eat the inside of the sub.

We all got the band for a reason so lets use our tool the way we should. Good luck

I think your doctor is talking about volume of food rather than calories. When I was three months post op, I was eating a cup of food three times a day and I had no fill in my band at all. I would suspect you should be eating 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of food per meal.

My doctor has never give me instruction based on 1/2 or 1 cup of food. He did however say I should have 3 oz of solid Protein per meal; plus a veggie and fruit. If you have not yet done so buy a good digital food scale so you can weigh your protein.

Hmmm, I've never been instructed on size by cups, just 4oz Protein plus veggies. Its way less than what I ate pre band but by no means only a 1/4-1/2 cup of food. I log everything into my fitnesspal and hardly ever reach 1000cals per day. I will definately discuss correct portion size with my doc at my next visit. Any seasoned bandsters have any advice in this?

Hmmm, I've never been instructed on size by cups, just 4oz Protein plus veggies. Its way less than what I ate pre band but by no means only a 1/4-1/2 cup of food. I log everything into my fitnesspal and hardly ever reach 1000cals per day. I will definately discuss correct portion size with my doc at my next visit. Any seasoned bandsters have any advice in this?