Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I Start Taking Regular Vitamins?

You will probably always have to take chewable vitamins unless you find small ones which I have yet to see small Multi Vitamins

Not necessarily true, I have no trouble with bigger pills - other than gagging and being unable to swallow them, that is. Once I get them past my throat, they never get stuck in my stomach.

The thing is with children's Vitamins for adults, they're often not nutritionally complete. You miss important minerals like selenium for example, and they dont usually contain Iron if you're of childbearing age you probably need.

its weird because I mentioned to my doctor that I have been losing some of my hair and she asked me to get Hair and Nails Vitamins which I did but they are really big I took it and it went down right but I forgot to ask her about take vitamins that are not chewable if I can swallow those pills which are huge I'm sure I can swallow the vitamins.

I take regular multi-vitamins. They are large and hard for me to swallow but they dont get stuck in my band at all. I think it may help that they are gel caps!

I take aregular multi .. its the size of an M&M .. generic CVS brand .. I also take Biotin .. a little bigger more like an asprin size but no issues getting them down

No one should be taking Iron unless you are iron deficient you can do some damage to your heart and kidneys if you take iron and dontneed it.

Very true. I take it but only because I know that I need it. Mentruating women are unlikely to get into trouble with it but why pay for something if you dont need it?

Just thinking on this post though and am curious, why dont you like taking chewables? Im very bad with my sulements becuse i really hate swallowing the huge pills and am very excited yo see a new austrlian website selling chewBles!

I take a chewable Flintstones because I can remember two separate people who said on this site that they had slippage/erosion/removal and it started with choking on a pill. I know that may or may not be true but why take a chance? I think its WAY more important to eat healthy food!

So do I, and I've never been a real fan of supplements, nor of eating very low calories or doing low carb. I've always preferred to eat a wide variety from all food groups and I thought I was doing very well.

But I got cancer - I would have anyway, the tumour had started before I was banded most probably. I know that the treatment placed a huge strain on my body. But I've recently found out my Iron stores are completely depleted (we fixed my bleeding tumour over twelve months ago now, and I went into instant menopause from the radiation last year, so I'm not losing iron due to bleeding), I'm also anaemic meaning circulating iron is too low and my bones have thinned dangerously - to the point where I broke a rib three weeks ago just trying to undo the knob on a spin bike.

It seems six years of low calorie (1500 a day or so) eating and a lot of running and other tough cardio such as spinning have made me thin and aerobically very fit but havent done my body many favours nutritionally. Chemo and two surgeries no doubt didnt help either.

Needless to say, I now own a dosette box, full of HRT, aspirin, multi, fish oil, Calcium and iron!