Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2011 Bandsters...where Are You?

Hello all!

I was banded on July 22, 2011. My band and I have had a love/hate relationship thus far. Sometimes things go down smoothly & sometimes not. I have lost 30 pounds so far...I am a slow loser, but I am happy that it is coming off slowly. I admit that I am not the best exerciser and I do drink the occasional Diet Coke. I am happy that everytime I step on the scale (once a week) it is a smaller number than the last time. Overall, I am pleased with my choice to get the band and the progress that I have made. My doctor wants me to be at my goal weight by my 2 year anniversary of getting banded. I think that that is a reasonable goal, but I am going to try to make it happen sooner :)! How is everyone else doing? Oh, what are you eating? I am starting to get in a food rut...I am trying to keep the carbs down, but that is soooo hard for me, especially at this time of year! I am not a fan of cooking, so does anyone have any simple, quick food ideas that they can share?

Happy Day to you!!

Jen

hi there! july 5 bandster here - great to hear you are doing so well! I am really, really happy so far - but things do hurt going down sometimes. Really just got any restriction at all off my last fill (putting me at 8.5 ccs in a 14cc band). I am down about 75 so far. i stick to my surgeon's 800 calories per day instructions about 85% of the time - and mix in some cheat days and go to about 1200 to 1500 calories on those days. I've been told that shaking it up like that actually helps weight loss as your body won't plateau on the same number of calories day in and day out. Have another 60 pounds or so to go. I'm sure the last half of the weight is the hardest to lose but i am determined! BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF US ON OUR JOURNEYS!!!!!!!

Hi! I was banded on July 13th. I'm down almost 40 lbs. I love my band. No bad experiences to report! I feel like I'm in a food rut too! I usually have an egg for Breakfast (just to say I ate something!) and coffee. lunch is usually a sandwich (using whole wheat bread) and dinner .. chicken with veggies. Very boring menu! I would love some fresh ideas!

I've had 3 fills and am at 6.2 in a 10 cc. I just had my fill this Wednesday so I'm at that blissful point where food isn't really interesting me. I have a big problem with head hunger (old habits die hard) and I LOVE that for about 2 weeks after a fill food is the last thing on my mind :)

Wishing everyone Sucess!!

Hey! July 20th was my of surgery! I am also down 30 pounds I feel a little down about that but it's better down than up! I'm having horrible problems with my food getting stuck and me throwing it back up cause it just won't go down. I am still having trouble taking little slow bites I know for a fact that is my problem. I was exercising really good but then work got busy for the holidays and I work nights and have 3 kids under the age of 4 so I'm really super busy but I hope to start back up at the beginning of the year! Fresh slate! Please keep in touch since we are so close in Numbers it would be great to keep each other motivated!!!!!

Hey Kim,

I am a little bummed about losing only 30, too. My band is kind of snug right now & occasionally I am getting stuck. I know that I am eating WAY too fast. I am a teacher & we only have a few minutes to eat, and after years of that you just get in the habit of throwing your food down your throat. I am really trying to reprogram myself to eating S-L-O-W-L-Y! I am hoping to get back in the exercise habit (ugh). I obviously didn't get here because I love to exercise! ;)

We definitely need to keep up with each other!! Looking forward to hearing from you soon...

Jen

Wow it's crazy how similar we are! Yes my food gets stuck almost daily because I eat too fast and don't take small bites I am finding myself eating cheater foods which is not good but my fill doc is 3 hours away and with 3 kids not in school and a night job I just haven't had the time to make a trip there to get a unfill but really I don't think I need one because I get hungry through the day I just eat too is my problem I really think if I actually made time to eat right and slow down then I would be in the green zone! I am hoping I can start clean by the first of the year and get back into my exercising and making time for my Lapband. I started at 230 and now at 200 I am 5'8 I've gone down 4 pants sizes so I've lost inches for sure!!! Are you on myfitnesspal?

I was banded July 11th, and have lost 45 lbs since I got banded. I had my third fill about 4 weeks ago, and I finally have restriction. I have had several stuck episodes, all my fault. Now that I have restiction, I am forced to slow down, take smaller bites, and chew chew chew.

I was doing well with exercise as well , before the holidays. I work retail and it is crazy for me this time of year . I plan on getting back on track dec 26th.

Go July bandsters!!! We rock!!

I was banded July 11th, and have lost 45 lbs since I got banded. I had my third fill about 4 weeks ago, and I finally have restriction. I have had several stuck episodes, all my fault. Now that I have restiction, I am forced to slow down, take smaller bites, and chew chew chew.

I was doing well with exercise as well , before the holidays. I work retail and it is crazy for me this time of year . I plan on getting back on track dec 26th.

Go July bandsters!!! We rock!!

YES, JULY BANDSTERS ROCK THAT IS FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fruitsex.gif