Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled to have my lap band tomorrow, with the I-band addition. Does anyone have any suggestions on good books regarding living with the lap band? Someone mentioned Bandwagon, but it is not available on my Kindle. :(

Thanks in advance! I am excited to start my new life tomorrow!

Amazon doesn't have anything? I'd be surprised if you feel like reading

after surgery. They'll have you busy with hospital things. Good luck.

Good luck tomorrow. I bought the "lap band surgery" on my kindle from Amazon. Very informative and very helpful reading. "Lap-Band Surgery" Advance weight loss procedure for the new generation.

Another Kindle book I bought is Everything Post Weight Loss surgery Cookbook. I haven't read that one yet.

I did several different searches and the Lap Band books began to show up from the searches.

My surgery is next week on Wednesday.

Best to you and hope you have a speedy recovery!

"I hope this announcement finds you well and, of course, on track following your lap-band lifestyle. LapBandTalk.com is designed to be a comprehensive community that you can use for support and information. Now, LapBrandTalk.com has another, exciting way to help out our members as you continue to pursue weight loss and health. What’s the big news? Our first book is out!

The Big Book on the Lap-Band!

That’s right! We’ve been working for a very long time on research, writing and editing the book, and you’re invited to read it! It’s called, “The Big Book on the Lap Band: Everything You Need to Know to Lose Weight and Live Well with the Adjustable Gastric Band,” written by (yours truly) Alex Brecher and Natalie Stein. I'm the founder of LapBandTalk.com and a lap-band patient myself; Natalie is a nutritionist and experienced writer on weight loss and weight loss surgery topics.

A Complete Guide to the Lap-Band Life

The title says it all. The book is a guide from the beginning of the journey through life with the adjustable gastric band. These are just a few topics that are covered in the book.

• How obesity can harm you and millions of others.
  • Why it’s so tough to lose weight without surgery.
  • All about the lap-band: what it is, how it works and the surgical procedure.
  • Looking at the risks and benefits to decide whether the adjustable gastric band is for you.
  • Choosing a surgeon and preparing for surgery.
  • Your post-op aftercare program.
  • Your post-surgery recovery diet progression from liquids to solid foods.
  • The lap-band diet: healthy eating and weight control for life.
  • Starting and continuing an exercise program.
  • Life changes to expect after the lap-band surgery.
  • Using LapBandTalk.com and other resources for support and information.

As you can see, the book is a great resource no matter where you are in your lap-band journey.

How You Can Get Your Copy

How can you get your hands on a copy of the book? It's available in Paperback and eBook versions directly from LapbandTalk, as well as from Amazon, Barnes&Noble, iBooks and Kobo. All the information you need is HERE! Check it out and spread the word!

LapBandTalk.com Members Tell Their Stories in the Book!

The book doesn’t just have complete information about the lap-band surgery and journey. It’s also a compilation of real-life member stories told in their own words. Several of our LapBandTalk.com members are featured in this book. They were kind enough to share their stories with us and now with you. These members are some of LapBandTalk.com’s most active, so you might already know them from the boards. A huge, warm thank you to everyone who helped out – we couldn’t have done it without you!

Do You Want to Be in the Next Book?

If you didn’t get involved this time around but you might like to be featured in another book, contact me via our private messaging system. We’d love to hear from you and give you the scoop!

I'd love to hear your thoughts about the book! Let us know what you think when you check it out! We’re always delighted to hear from our members and we want to know what we can do to help you along your journey. Thanks for your support up through now, and enjoy The Big Book on the Lap-Band!."