Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Possible To Feel Restriction After 1st Lap Band Fill

I had my first fill on 11/21. She put in 3cc's, but I couldn't get Water down, so she took 1cc out, leaving 2cc's. Every since, I have had to really pay attention to how and what I eat. I've gotten stuck several times this past week and it's not a fun feeling. Has anyone ever gotten restriction after one fill and only 2cc's at that? Maybe this is just temporary....

I have lost about 4 pounds since last Monday.....partly because of the 2 days of liquid after the fill I guess....

Yes, it is definitely possible. Especially after such a big fill. I would definitely go easy on the solid foods. Even up to 2 weeks. I'd imagine the stomach would get really swollen after that much. If it continues to be a problem, you could possible need a little more removed.

I feel restriction with no fills. I was banded 10 weeks ago and haven't had a fill yet and am still losing 2-3 lbs a week.

The surgeon said if I'm not too hungry, then there was no need for a fill until I do get hungry enough to stop losing.

Several people here have said they were losong without fills. Good genes, I guess : > ).

I've noticed some surgeons are more conservative than others. Mine would fill with one cc at a time. I've been unfilled once due to a stomach virus. Finally, after a year and a half I'm finally at restriction and it's been exactly how you say. bread is off the menu as well as reheated food.< /p>

Having the same exact problem right after my 1st fill. The pain is so bad I don't wanna eat that certain food again. I'm 6 wks post op and felt like I could anything (but didnt) w/o the fill. Now I've thrown up twice because of blockage. Hopingthings get betterfor you and I.... =0)

I had my first fill 6 days ago with 3cc. I was fine the first 2 days (felt no restriction and able to eat or drink with no problems). Woke up day 3 and haven't felt good since - started with pain under left rib cage which has progressed to feeling full after just Water or half of a yougurt and that left shoulder pain.

Last night I couldn't sleep because my stomach is so tight -- feels like I have been "flexing" a muscle for days and now it can't relax it (??not sure that makes sense but trying to describe the sensation).

Abdoment is harder than it has been for weeks and lots of "gas rumblings" but very little gas passing. Have been able to have bowel movements.

Called doc on day 4 and he said to give it til tomorrow (day 7) and if no better call back. He thought maybe I ate too much day 2 and it would subside if on mushies and liquids rest of week but so far not happening.

Any ideas on what may be going on???