Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Stuck In My Lap Band? What Does It Feel Like?

I have never had food get stuck before. I think it happend last night. I was eating fast (out of habit, working on that) and I started to feel pressure in my chest. It felt like I had to throw up. So I got up and walked around for a few minutes and then after that it seemed to stop. I think the food was stuck and instead of throwing up it just passed through? Yes? or was it something else?

The only way I can explain the feeling when its truly stuck is its the most herendous pain you will ever feel lol. You may have been stuck but when it really happens you will definitely know and will wish death would come soon lolololol

lol....well it wasnt that painful so im guessing I wasnt stuck! Maybe just a little indigestion. It wasnt a pleasent feeling but not painful. more uncomfortable than anything

Oh don't u worry, I used to wonder that until I experienced it. It's painful painful and can go on for hours. Then u have the sliming, burping and eventually episodes of vomiting until it come up or passes through. Sorry to be so graphic. I don't wish it on my enemy! I eat too fast or too much and have suffered

GREAT! something to look forward too lol. Seriously though why is eating fast such a hard habit to break???

Sounds to me like you started to get stuck but it passed. Lucky for you. I had a stuck episode that lasted 17 hours and I could not even sip Water and hold it down. It not only hurts but you do slime, foam, hiccup, have indigestion, etc. etc. etc. I think you had a mini episode but I could be wrong. CAT

I had an episode once kind of like yours where I felt nauseous, started salivating a lot, and it felt like my lower esophagus was spasming. I had some pressure in my chest but nothing horrendous. Thank goodness it only last a few minutes because it felt awful! I told my PA about it because I wasn't sure if it was a stuck episode...it didn't sound like what I had heard described. Sure enough, I was stuck! I guess it's different for everyone.

My first stuck episode was mild. Only lasted a few minutes. After walking around it went down.

Tonight I just had my worst stuck ever. Never want that again.

It starts as a sharp chest pain and for me i can feel it in the same spot in my back. Well after feeling that horrible pain for 2 hours, I threw up a lot of slime. Felt a little better, so I sat back down I read my book. A little later though the pain came back. Lots of vomit later and now I feel better. What caused it?? A meatball. Actually 3 meatballs. Each smaller than a gold ball. I was making spaghetti sauce and tried a new recipe for baked meatballs. Had to sample before I put them in the sauce. I didn't chew well enough. Thankfully it all came back up. Lesson learned. No dinner for me, and now I really have to be careful. I feel like I need to eat but don't think I am actually hungry. Plus a little scared to do anything. I'll do liquids tomorrow to minimize any after effects.

Hoping I never go thru that again.

I just got a fill 2 weeks ago and up to 6.6 cc. I've gotten stuck mildly every few days since then. If this continues I will ask for a slight unfill at my next visit. Other than the stuck and vomit, I can tell I'm eating less. Might actually be hovering around the green zone.

I got a fill last week and I to have had the stuck problem today. This is fill three and I have had no problems before this fill...or should I say no bad problems. Today I was going to eat a couple of chicken nuggets with my Daughter at McD's. I always chew these well, and did today but today was the day that my body didn't like them. I stopped....they went down. Tonight at dinner we had leftover chicken fingers from last night. The first couple of bites and I was up. I walked...bent over....groaned....and foamed like a mad dog. Or actually slimed. and slimed and slimed and got sick and got sick....each with a episode of thinks i was over it. The last time....I think I saw toe nails in it. I am going to hit liquids for a few days and rest my body. Just wasn't a good day....put I can bare it!!

This a all very helpful to read as a newbie. Im 10 day s post op I have a very hard time slowing down too! I work in health care and usually eat on the run. I have to retrain myself too and slow down. The slimes sound awful!

I got a fill last week and I to have had the stuck problem today. This is fill three and I have had no problems before this fill...or should I say no bad problems. Today I was going to eat a couple of chicken nuggets with my Daughter at McD's. I always chew these well, and did today but today was the day that my body didn't like them. I stopped....they went down. Tonight at dinner we had leftover chicken fingers from last night. The first couple of bites and I was up. I walked...bent over....groaned....and foamed like a mad dog. Or actually slimed. and slimed and slimed and got sick and got sick....each with a episode of thinks i was over it. The last time....I think I saw toe nails in it. I am going to hit liquids for a few days and rest my body. Just wasn't a good day....put I can bare it!!

I am at the point where I cannot eat anything that is breaded and fried. Chicken, fish sticks, etc, etc. Foods that are crunchy. Even raw vegetables which I used to love to snack on such as carrots.

I simply accepted it and it is now a food I do not ever consider eating. There are other foods on my personal "do not eat" list.

Sounds to me like you were mildly stuck but it passed through. That happens to me a lot. But when you're fully stuck, you'll know! I've learned I cannot eat any form of a hot dog. I've been stuck three times(lord knows why I tried three different times?!?!) each episode with intense pain and vomiting. But Ive also been stuck with steak a couple times... Won't be eating that again... Where I didn't throw up or even slime, but my cheat felt so tight for hours and hours.

I recommend pineapple and Papaya enzymes. You can get them at any Vitamin store. When you feel stuck, chew a couple of those and it helps break up your food and allows it to pass.

I was stuck once, and my band slipped, the just the oter day . 2 weeks after a fill ( up to 7.25cc) i got stucky stuck. OUCH OUCH, i had a dr apt that am anyway so i went in early, i drove my self and it hurt so bad, it got worse and worse and as soon as i got in to the Dr's office i threw up like white foam. and then it was fine right after. I had a unfill ( 6.25) and i think im staying there, It was a hard boiled agg which i have eaten b4 , but must have been to tight. it feels like a tractor tralior filled with rocks is sitting on your chest =(

Okay after reading this post I'm thinking I have never really been "stuck." When I eat something dry or too big I instantly feel a painless lump in my chest and the food immediately comes up...always within a minute. I just read a previous post that said they had been "stuck" for 24 hours. I don't slime or anything and this has occured over 50 - 60 times in the last two years. God I hope that never happens to me.

It happend again last night. I think its getting stuck but there is stil enough of an opening right now to get it to go down. I have my first fill coming up next week. I will bring this up to my dr. and see what she thinks