Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No required liquid diet, should i do it anyway?

Dont do it unless you are told to. The post op diet is hard enough without adding two weeks of calorie deprivation to it. Just follow your surgeons orders. I know you are eager to get going but the weight will come off - I promise - if you follow your doctors orders!

Where do you get these and how much??? Is it whey isolate Protein?

I paid $3.33 per bottle when I bought the case of 12 (no extra deposit charge) I buy them at Performance Nutrition since they are cheaper than GNC without a membership. GNC's cases are close to $50, cheaper if you have their membership card on certain days of the month.

It is Ion exchange whey Protein isolate.

I know that 3 and change sounds pricey, but pre-op it's as good/filling as a single meal, so it's cheaper than going out somewhere. Post-op the 20oz is going to stretch itself out so it will be more of a value when I'm fitting half my day into a single bottle. Just something to think about.

I've seen the 3lb bottles of powder range from 35-50 depending on where you buy.

Like today, I'm on my liquid only diet since I go in tomorrow for surgery and the bottle I'm drinking for my Breakfast into lunch is keeping me nice and full.

I'm on day 8 of my 2 week preop liquid diet. The funny thing is.. and I'm positive I'll experience it after sugery, is the brain hunger. I tried explaining it to my husband last night.. My stomach has shrunk so much over the past week that I'm really not very hungry, but I have these times during the day when I used to snack.. It's not that i'm fighting hunger pains, I'm fighting my brain telling me that I'm hungry. It's crazy!

The liquid diet isn't too bad. I had to go to GNC and buy a few different flavors since I got extrememly sick of vanilla and chocolate quickly.

I would say that after the first 5 days.. my body has adjusted and it's really not as bad as you'd think.

:)

I believe every surgeon is different in regards to their required pre op however, I have to say the first two days where hell but after that your system gets use to the small amount and I think that is one of the things they are shooting for. I can not imagine what it would be like to go from food and regular quantities to lapband amounts after surgery..I guess it helps with the smaller food amount and realizing what you will be consuming...I am in day 10 of my pre op liquid diet and to tell the truth it is really not that bad. I can have the following things in about 1/2 cup portions: Sugar Free(S/F) Fat Free (F/F) Yogurt, S/F Fudge Pops, S/F Pops, Broths and broth based Soups strained, Cyrstal Light, Lt juices, Def coffee, L/F Cottege cheese, S/F Jello, S/F pudding, Unsweetened Applesauce, (Only one of the following per day) Grits, oatmeal, Farina, Cream of Wheat. My surgeon also requires that I exercise at least three times a week for 30 minutes..Yesterday was my pre op and I have lost 9 pounds so far and I am totally excited.....

Good Luck on your surgery and a speedy recovery!!!!:)) I can't wait to hear about your experience...

Thanks MrsRobinson!!!! And THANK YOU for all your wonderful suggestions for liquid diet, I think I will do the preop diet at least a week ahead, if nothing else it will get me into the mind set for eating less! My final consult is on the 20th of Dec, so with Christmas and new years, I doubt ill be banded this year, but in January, ill be making a resolution I can actually keep!

I'd say do it for a week just to kind of get your head in the right space for what to expect after surgery.

You're lucky :)

who are you insured with>? I am BSBSI and I am anxious to see if they approve me.

who are you insured with>? I am BSBSI and I am anxious to see if they approve me.

Liquid vs solid has no medical difference for you...just lose some weight before the procedure to make it easier for your surgeon and your recovery easier. My doc asked me to try to lose 10 preop pounds...I think I lost 8.

Loretta, I have BCBS of Rhode Island, and I was approved with the first submission...if did take a while though, 32 days to be exact!

Thanks Xavier! Sounds like you were able to stick to the plan!