Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first fill is on Thursday and I will be flying across the country (6 hour plane ride) on Friday. Obviously I won't be able to bring Protein Shakes or Soups with me through security.....any suggestions on what to bring/buy? I thought of instant soups and add hot Water on the plane, there just not very tasty or nutritious...

shakes or any liquid would have to go in checked bags. Otherwise there are little 'crystal lite' types of Protein powders in little sleeves you put in Water. You can bring plain protein powder and then just stir it into a Tomato Soup in a restaurant I guess. You can also probably get a Protein Shake in a major airport like an Odwalla or even maybe at a Jamba Juice...not sure if I am any help! Good luck!

How long will you be gone? Are you sure you want to get your first fill one day prior to your trip? Personally I have never had problems after a fill, hopefully you wont either, although I do know a few ppl who have and need their fill tweeked a little bit. I know my dr doesn't like to give fills on Friday for that very reason.

With that being said you might just want to get through security and go have a bowl of Soup in a restaurant or get a smoothie before boarding and then just bring some bottled Water & crystal light or some tea for your flight... maybe some instant oatmeal that you can get hot Water for. More than likely you wont be all that hungry on the plane if you get something prior.

Good luck and have a safe flight!

Just FYI: The Protein powder sleeves I have are called K20 and the K is like the one on special K Cereal. They are 5 grams each and the one I found in my cupboard was strawberry kiwi...good luck!

I travel all the time! I put the Protein powders, a small rubermaid drinking bottle, crystal light single packets, and benefiber singles in my personal carry-on. Then when I get across security, I buy milk and Water. You can also bring cup a Soup powder packs and buy hot Water at the coffee shops (they usually give it to me for free). You can do it!! :) Just a bit of pre-planning!

My first fill is on Thursday and I will be flying across the country (6 hour plane ride) on Friday. Obviously I won't be able to bring Protein shakes or Soups with me through security.....any suggestions on what to bring/buy? I thought of instant soups and add hot water on the plane, there just not very tasty or nutritious...

thanks guys. I ran to the store and have instant oatmeal, crystal light packets and cup o Soup. I think I'll survive! :P

When I fly I bring a shaker cup with Protein powder in it. I either get Water from the flight attendants or purchase bottle once I'm through security. I actually got a collapsible cup with a lid that travels nicely.

Just a thought...

Let your Dr. know that your going to be in the air, and he will know how much to fill you.

Once filled you have to stay on liquids anyway.

So any RTD shake I would think,(if they will allow it !) and get a drink from the flight hostess. Tomato juice, Orange juice etc. , it won't hurt.

I flew on my first day of my liquid diet. I packed a couple of jellos, some Protein Powder, crystal light and the lipton cup of Soup. When I went through the TSA and they caught the items. I explained that I was on special dietary restrictions and that was all that I could eat. I also carried a small thermos with enclosed sppoon. I had a 4 hour flight from Vegas. The flight attendants gave me hot Water and I had the cup of Soups. It was tough but it worked out.

I just want to reiterate what was said in a previous post- a fill the day before flying across the country is probably not a good idea. You could end up to tight, and not be able to keep things down. In my experience I was fine the day/night of the fill but woke up in the morning and couldn't keep my coffee down. I'd hate for that to happen to you so far away from home. I strongly reccomend you wait until you return to have your fill. Just think, you won't have to worry about the liquid diet- but you did get some great ideas. Do what you think is best, I would tell your doc. about your plans.

:rolleyes: