Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back on the band wagon :) (long)

I was banded in July 2008, and lost 65 lbs my first year. I had some trouble after my father passed away from cancer in April 2009. I didn't do well with the stress of his death and was overfilled- and aspirating at night. This went on for about six months. In that time, my husband lost his job and we had to figure out how to live. I got a job as a nanny in trade for a basement apartment. My husband got uneployment so we were ok. That went for a whole year. The October after my dad died I finally got in to see my surgeon and get an unfill. It worked wonders and I was coping better. I went back in March 2010 and got a fill to start losing again. About a week after that fill I lost all restriction. I had NO help from the band. I went back the next month and the office discovered a leak. I scheduled a port replacement in July 2010, two years after my initial surgery. I gained about 30 lbs from march to july.The Dr determined that it was a manufacturing defect in the port tubing. After the port replacement I was doing ok, but not losing, even with fills. I had one that was too tight and found a local dr to take some out. I did well with that, but then my husband and I were getting too stressed out by our living situation and decided to leave. Ever since my port replacement I have been very gradually gaining. I get fills and then am too tight, then too loose etc. I decided to give it one more try when I reached 289. I can't let it go back to 300. So I got a fill a week ago and am down around 6 lbs now. I am praying and hoping and working to make this tool of mine work again. My husband and I found good jobs, and have a great living arrangement now. I can afford to stay on top of this and I am promising myself that this is going to work. My portion sizes are good and I am still eating healthy, lots of Protein. I guess this is just a really long explanation to say that I am back on the wagon and hoping it will work again for me.

Stress can really wreck havoc on you and your body will respond to it. I went almost 2 years only losing about 1 pound a month. I left my highly stressful job in April of this year, lost 6 pounds by May and have continued to lose ever since. I haven't done one thing differently than I had been doing before. I only eliminated the stress. I'm glad you got yours under control. I hope you are able to continue with your weight loss. Good luck.

Stress can really wreck havoc on you and your body will respond to it. I went almost 2 years only losing about 1 pound a month. I left my highly stressful job in April of this year, lost 6 pounds by May and have continued to lose ever since. I haven't done one thing differently than I had been doing before. I only eliminated the stress. I'm glad you got yours under control. I hope you are able to continue with your weight loss. Good luck.

Thank you so much! It is nice to know that I am not the only one!