Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All

I was banded October 4th - so about 5 weeks post op- no fill. I will be getting my first fill Nov 14.

Since my surgery I have been able to feel my port directly underneath my port incision.

However this morning I noticed it isn't in its usual place ( left upper abdomen)....

I noticed that I can now feel it right above my belly button almost.

I also noticed a rise in pain a few days prior to me noticing that the port had moved.

I have an appt with my surgeon on Nov 14th- The pain is significantly less this morning.

A few questions:

Has anyone out there experienced this?

If so was it normal/expected or is it something I should inform my surgeon about ASAP?

Any information/comments would be appreciated- thank-you

Im told what I feel by my port incision is not the port but scar tissue, my port has moved with weight loss, its higher up on my abdomen.

If this has you really freaked out, I'd call your surgeons office now and see what they say. You paid

$17000 or so and have a right to adequate aftercare. My port goes up and down, but I've never noticed

any lateral movement. Your port is anchored in your stomach muscle and shouldn't move. Someone's

doctor said to put a dot in the center of the port with a Sharpie and check to see if it really moves under

your skin. FWIW Good luck.

I asked my doctor where the port was when I went back for my follow up visit. I could feel something right under my skin that I thought was the port but it wasn't ..just scar tissue. I actually haven't lost enough weight yet to feel my port but its down lower like right above and to the left of my belly button. The doctor said as I lose more weight it will be easier to feel.

I thought the same thing because I felt it at a higher point then when I actually went to have my fill it was lower. Mine hurt a lot as well for awhile so I got scared it moved,but when I did my fill, everything was normal. If you can't wait, then call your doctor office.

Hey

Thanks everyone for your responses- they were helpful and reassuring.

I am still having a considerable amount of pain- I will call my doctor first thing monday morning.

Thanks again

Hey

Thought I'd post a follow up. I spoke to my surgeon Monday. He said the pain is normal and it is just the port healing.

In terms of the port moving- he said the port is anchored very well -

and If i felt anything moving it wasn't the port but the tissue/muscles do move around.

He said its nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

Also thanks again to everyone who replied to this thread- it was helpful :)