Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had My Lap Band Unfilled And Now My Body Is Swelling Up

Last week I had my band unfilled due to not being able to hold anything down. It got so bad to where I couldnt even hold my Water it would just come back up. So my doctor unfilled my ban and I have been able to keep everything down now but the problem is that Im swollen now and it seems to not go down. I called my doc and he told me it was because I was dehydrated has this happened to anyone else cause i wasn't this swollen when I was pregnant. Its really starting to freak me out.

go to the emergency room

I had my band unfilled last week also and now I am suffering from bloating, pain all over my stomach, excessive burping. I feel as if my stomach is swollen but can't really tell. Are you having pain with the swelling?

I had my band unfilled last week also and now I am suffering from bloating, pain all over my stomach, excessive burping. I feel as if my stomach is swollen but can't really tell. Are you having pain with the swelling?

My stomach has no pain I'm just really bloated and I have gained 25 lbs and don't know why. I'm still eating the same I would understand gaining at least 5 to 10 but not 20 in five days. Have you gained any weight. Doctor told me its Water but I'm not sure.

I have gained 5lbs since last week. I can tell my stomach is defiantly bigger. I have stopped all carbonation and only drinking Water. I am still in a lot of pain! Hope you get better soon.

Thanks you too

You really should be on Clear liquids the day of a un/fill and full liquids for at least 2-3 days after a un/fill. When you fill and unfill it stresses the stomach and needs to reheal / get used to the new position of the band. If you go right back to eating solids after a un/fill than you are componding the problem. If you gained 20 lbs in 5 days, you need to get to an ER and get xray'd or ultrasounded to make sure that there isn't a much bigger problem.

There are just too many factors that are still unknown with what is happening to you. Diet, drink, calorie intake, exercise, solid and liquid waste production levels, without knowing all of these, no one can even begin to give you an idea as to what's going on. If it hurts and is causing you worry, get to the ER and have the professionals look you over.

@ christinao22, have you had any relief from your body swelling up? I had my band unfilled about 2 weeks ago as i was about 15 pounds under weight, about 3 days after my fill i gained 5 pounds right away now i am up to like 20 pounds i have gained and its Water weight both of my lower legs and feet are swollen and i have had all kinds of blood work and i am not deficient in anything. The bizarre thing is my co worker had hers unfilled about 2 days after mine and is experiencing the exact same thing as me.............i want it to go away, feeling bloated is not a good feeling and neither is gaining 20 pounds in less than 2 weeks :(

Just had my band unfilled last Tuesday weighing 121 lbs because of so much vomiting. And now this week I'm 145 lbs with a swollen body and joint pains. Please

Help don't know what to do. My Doctor is in surgery..

Last week I had my band unfilled due to not being able to hold anything down. It got so bad to where I couldnt even hold my Water it would just come back up. So my doctor unfilled my ban and I have been able to keep everything down now but the problem is that Im swollen now and it seems to not go down. I called my doc and he told me it was because I was dehydrated has this happened to anyone else cause i wasn't this swollen when I was pregnant. Its really starting to freak me out.

Same thing happened to me!!! I was swollen for over a week I flipped out. I've always been over weight but have always had the skinniest ankles and feet of everyone in my family and I had kankles and sausages!!!

Its because you've flooded your body with the amount of fluids its probably needed for a while. It will go back to normal soon :)

Also I gained 11 lbs and I was so upset but I was extremely dehydrated and should have been hospitalized so the last weight I lost wasn't fat anyways it was all water!! You will even back out!

Just had my band unfilled last Tuesday weighing 121 lbs because of so much vomiting. And now this week I'm 145 lbs with a swollen body and joint pains. Please

Help don't know what to do. My Doctor is in surgery..

Didn't relize the original post was a year old lol anyways... the same happened to me and I felt terrible for over a week I swelled like a ballon! It was because I was so badly dehyrdated and suddenly flooded my body with Water and sodium! I gained 11 pounds within the first four days and almost 20 within two weeks but after that the pain and swelling went away and I lost half the weight I had gained. Just a painful waiting game!

Didn't relize the original post was a year old lol anyways... the same happened to me and I felt terrible for over a week I swelled like a ballon! It was because I was so badly dehyrdated and suddenly flooded my body with Water and sodium! I gained 11 pounds within the first four days and almost 20 within two weeks but after that the pain and swelling went away and I lost half the weight I had gained. Just a painful waiting game!

Thanks Krussell I actually post this today which is 10\31. I was told by my primary doctor that my urine was dehydrated, So my ? to you Is that what do I do to get rid of this swelling aches and pains.

I walked as much as I could and cut out the sodium. Like a dummy I went right for Powerade over Water because of electrolites and the doc even suggested it. BuT I was so thirsty I just kept going!!!

Also my legs and feet were the worst so whenever I was sitting I elevated them to take some of the pressure off.