Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BodyMedia Fit or Body Bugg

I've been thinking about investing in the BodyMedia Fit device. The gal that teaches my Zumba class wears hers faithfully. She said she burns about 600-700 calories teaching a one hour class. I've been doing Zumba about 3-4 days per week and I just don't think I burn that many calories because the scale just isn't budging! I'd like to know if any other bandsters are using one of these devices and what your opinion of it is. Thanks!

Hi Shelley,

I have a Body Media Fitness device also. I love it. It amazes me how accurate it is. I was very skeptical of how it would work when I first got it, but I input all the information into my profile on the computer. I keyed in my food intake for the day and each nite I downloaded my calorie burn info from the device. It would tell me how much weight I should be losing each day based on the info and it was amazingly accurate. I also loved the sleep efficiency info that it tracked. It was dead on. If I woke up during the night and looked at the clock, the next day the darn thing would show exactly the time that I woke up. It is amazing.

What is good about it to me is it really keeps me on track on exercize. I have a goal set for calorie burn each day and I would check it every evening. If i wasnt on track to meet my goal, I jumped on my treadmill to get it in line.

Thank you for the feedback. I've been hesitant to get one but I think it could really be beneficial. I'd really like to know how many calories I burn during Zumba. I'm putting this at the top of my Christmas list!

Thanka again!

thanks for posting this!!1 i have been writting on paper the pros and cons of both to figure out what one would be better ! i love hearing from ppl that have it and use it !!

thanks !

Amy

I have a BMF and I love it. You're supposed to only wear it 23 hours per day, but I can never keep it off an hour. I hate to not have the exact calories I burned during that hour. Helpped me realize I had way to large of a daily calorie deficit.

I love to see how much I really burn during my workouts, and push myself to burn even more.

I've been wearing a Bodymedia FIT since January. It's part of my daily program, and I swear by it. (And occasionally I swear AT it... :)) It's totally worth it.

Shelley, tell your Santa the $169.99 one they sell at Costco.com is not only cheaper than any I've found selling elsewhere, (including on the Bodymedia.com website), but it also includes a 12-month subscription to the Bodymedia montioring service, which is about $7 a month. That's an additional savings of almost $84. Win-win. Go for it!

Dave

I have a Body Media Fit too and love it. I track my calories and exercise on myfitnesspal.com but use the calorie burn from bmf because its more accurate.

I'd like to work out how to set my goals. Any help appreciated.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches