Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

whew! got it off my chest!

so, i've been feeling really nervous about my surgery. i'm on the boards every day like it's my job, just browsing around, reading others' experiences. i've been feeling really nervous about having it done- am i making the right choice, should i really do this, can't i just lose the weight myself, how painful is this going to be, how horrible will recovery be? i also don't live in an english speaking country, so i'm worried about complications that may arise and how will i handle that if i can't communicate well enough (don't worry- my doc is fluent in english!).

i wasn't planning to tell my boss or any of my coworkers, except one, so that in the event something horrible happened she could let my family and friends back home know (really positive, huh? :unsure: ). my boyfriend also knows and is very supportive. but today, i spilled the Beans to my boss. i had to because i was worried about some work commitments for the week right after my surgery. i'm having surgery on saturday and basically planning to go back on monday, tuesday at the latest, with an excuse of the flu for my not-quite-right state of physical health. i wasn't worried about calling in on monday, but i didn't know how i was going to explain possibly being super loopy for the rest of the week. so i told him i was having surgery and he was like, "oh, it's very common here, no big deal. my wife wanted me to have it done" i felt SOOO much better! but then i realized maybe he thinks i'm getting lipo....and i didn't feel the need to correct him...

tomorrow is my pre-op consult and my tests. i'm not so nervous about those, but i'm still feeling a little jittery about the surgery. it's such a relief to feel like my boss "knows" ;) and i won't have to work so hard at trying to "act normal" when i'm back in the office the week after...and another exciting thing is that one of my coworkers just ordered some Protein Powder for me!!! she has been drinking it for skin related positive effects and asked some of us if we wanted a can because we all go to the same skin clinic. SCORE!!! this was one huge concern i had because it's impossible to find it here and even if you do, there is no selection. and it's an unflavored product. i was really worried about Protein intake during my liquids and mushies, but now that problem is solved too! it has been a FABULOUS friday so far!!!

:bananalama:

The surgery you're so concerned about is the very easiest part of the whole trip. You show up and they

do the rest. I can't tell you how your recovery will be, mine was uneventful, no pain, very easy.

If you can get things on line, you can get everything you need. Amazon has every thing you'll

want. costco also sells Protein powder on line. You're making this much more difficult than it has

to be. Probably the most important part of the whole thing is a good surgeon and good pre and post

op education and support. As far as medical support, the band is the simplest and safest form

of WLS, I can't imagine you are anywhere that any unlikely problems you might encounter can't

be taken care of. With that I wish you a successful journey.

thanks for the words of support and encouragement! however, Amazon unfortunately WON'T ship Protein powder to my international location, along with a lot of other types of meds that people on here suggest for gas, pain, etc. and costco only ships to US and canada, so it's a just a difficult situation from that perspective that i can't avoid, not a situation that i have created or made more difficult for myself.

i'm sure my doctor will be able to prescribe and advise the equivilent types of meds for me that are offered locally to help with recovery. i'm finding ways to work around the lack of Protein supplements for my liquids stage though and once i'm past it, i think eating will be a much easier task. i've already got half of my mushies in the freezer and i'm preparing the other half this weekend.

thanks for the words of support and encouragement! however, Amazon unfortunately WON'T ship Protein powder to my international location, along with a lot of other types of meds that people on here suggest for gas, pain, etc. and costco only ships to US and canada, so it's a just a difficult situation from that perspective that i can't avoid, not a situation that i have created or made more difficult for myself.

i'm sure my doctor will be able to prescribe and advise the equivilent types of meds for me that are offered locally to help with recovery. i'm finding ways to work around the lack of Protein supplements for my liquids stage though and once i'm past it, i think eating will be a much easier task. i've already got half of my mushies in the freezer and i'm preparing the other half this weekend.

There are several costco stores in Korea, and there is a lady who had WLS, in Korea, on this site

occasionally.

There are several costco stores in Korea, and there is a lady who had WLS, in Korea, on this site

occasionally.

yeah, i know about the costcos here, but they aren't the same as north american ones- the product selection varies greatly, so it's not a big help in the Protein or meds department. :( as for one of the posters on here from korea, i've been in touch with her- we're using the same surgeon and she has a great blog, so it's been really helpful to not only find out the challenges that come with having this done abroad, but to also feel more comfortable about what my process will be like as far as the hospital and procedure.

I know this is an old thread. How are you getting on? I'm also in Korea and was banded by Dr Kang.

I don't know if this still applies or is relevant, but have you discovered the website iherb.com yet? They ship to Korea and you can get so many health products from them. Shipping usually takes a week. I get my Protein and Vitamins from them.

I'm struggling a bit at the moment. I've been banded for 2 years now and have maintained for the last year or so. Still have about 30lbs to lose.

things are going well! it's seven months since my sugery and i've almost met my goal! just had an endoscopy recently and everything looks good. i was worried because i was having pain but it has since gone away. i think maybe it was the tubing rubbing against something? it's weird because i can feel the tubing if i press on my side, but dr. kang said it was fine.

thanks for the website! i'll have to check it out for supplements. i actually don't do the high Protein diet. i eat mostly regular food, just way smaller portions! good luck on getting the last 30 off! i feel like i plateau for a couple of weeks, then suddenly a kilo will disappear. i've stopping weighing myself all the time and now i'm mostly going by the fit of my clothes. i've also recently started exercising, so i'm hoping that will get rid of some of the flab!