Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So close to one-derland! Why sabotage myself?

Hello all!

I'm so close to onderland (don't pay attention to my signature in down to 206 but on my iPhone) I am finding myself cheating every chance I get I was talking to a friend about how I was actually scared to get to under 200 because it would be the first time I was in over 15 years! Maybe I'm scared that I will get under and than gain some back and be demotivated bc I had gotten so low I have no idea why I am sabotaging myself like this!!! Did anyone else experience this when they got to milestones like this??

How about settimg your weight goal at 150?

Well that is my ultimate goal but the first HUGE milestone is 199 I've been a yo yo dieter forever and was never able to break the 200s with it being so close I don't know why I'm so terrified of it!

I have been batteling this for a while. I want the weight off but scared at the same time. I've used my weight for years to keep jerkish people away from me and I know this. I just didn't know what to do about it. I hit 203 August first and while I was still eating right and exercising. I hit a plateau and felt I was sabatoging myself some how. This morning I finally reached onderland. What has helped me the most is talking to myself about why I am scared and then admitting that I am scared and reminding myself I can stop losing at any time I get uncomfortable. So now, I just play the mental game with myself and say, Ok, I'm going to lose 5 more pounds, that's my new goal, and I'll reacess where I am at and how I feel. Each time I let it go, It wasn't nearly as scary as I thought. I also told my husband in the beginning that I had emotional issues with this. He jokingly asked me at surgery if I was gonna get skinney and leave him. (not a chance) but I told him I was more apt to get more clingy for a little while with him just because I hate the attention. What I am realizing now is how much I actually dreaded the negative attention from being overweight. People treat you cruel. I also had a mental block for a while because I have always weighed more than my sisters and now at 199, I'm the smaller one. I also sat down one day and listed all of my fears about being at a normal weight. Now that I'm seeing my goals are attainable, the fears are not nearly as scary.

Wow thank you for sharing this with me I was afraid I was te only one! I threw away my scale this morning lol I've become so fixated on the number that I have lost sight of the process! I'll be weighed at my next doctors appointment the second week of December.. My husband actually works for my surgeon (not how we met and my new doc isn't the one who preformed the surgery lol) and I'll be happy to share whatever success I have with him than! I know what you mean up until a few years ago I was always smaller than my twin sister and I know she felt satisfaction when I passed her on the scale but now I see it in her face when I try something on that she didn't fit into but hopefully it will just inspire her to work on it.

I think my fear is once I get out of te 200s if I have get back to the 2's I'll be so devastated that I won't be able to keep myself from getting here again!

I tell my husband he traded up when he married me I was the heaviest weight of my life on my wedding day Nov 6th of last year and I really should just vow never to live like that again!

My hubby does not have a weight issue he has alittle tunmy but has always been slender i told him the other day that I just want to weigh less than him and his response was "well just keep feeding me cheeseburgers it will happen" LOL I love him!

That is so awesome. My husband is that way too. He's 6'2 and I'm 5'1. He has always been slender. My goal was to be able to wear his shorts. He has had a 33 inch waist since I met him and Mine was a lot bigger than his. I passed him last month and got down to having a 31 inch waist. I also passed him in weight too. He weighs 208 right now. He is very supportive and tells me all the time that he is excited with each pound I lose because he can't wait to see my shape when I get to where I want to be. Really helps to have the support of someone cheering you on.

Once you get down to 199 Lbs., did it ever occur to you that you may like what you see, and really go for it.

Because their won't be no stopping you, once you see the real thing.

Shirley.

I am about a solid 8lbs away from onederland, however it has been a little hard. I am excited about it, I just need to get motivated to stick to my diet and exercise. I tell you what, we should both set a short term goal to get down to that 199 by the end of this month. What do you think?

I want to jump on the "onederland" band wagon too! Just not there yet. Had my surgery 10/12. Starting wt on 8/17 was 237. I am now 215. So my goal is to hit onederland by 1/1/12! That's 15 pounds in about 7 weeks. I hope I can do it! But I know this is not a race.

I am 1-2 pounds away from Onderland too! Would love to be there by the end of this month or sooner! I am not scared at all-I can't wait!!

What a sweet husband you have! lol

Girl, you can do this-absolutely!! Try preplanning all your meals this week. I know if you go to Myfit.com (I forget the exact site so that may not be it) it will tell you exactly how many calories you'll need to eat to reach that goal. Maybe bump up the walking for the next 3 weeks too. Good luck!

I am 1-2 pounds away from Onderland too! Would love to be there by the end of this month or sooner! I am not scared at all-I can't wait!!

What a sweet husband you have! lol

Girl, you can do this-absolutely!! Try preplanning all your meals this week. I know if you go to Myfit.com (I forget the exact site so that may not be it) it will tell you exactly how many calories you'll need to eat to reach that goal. Maybe bump up the walking for the next 3 weeks too. Good luck!

my fitnesspal.com its a Great Site.