Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still losing weight after un-fill

Some of you may remember that about 3 weeks ago I had a very bad experience with my stomach totally closing after I took Advil. I was in so much pain that I had to have an un-fill (I started with 5cc fill & my Dr. took out 3cc, so now I have 2cc).

Although I was greatful not to be in pain, I was rather depressed because I was 10lbs. from my goal and thought I would never lose it now.

For a few days I was careful and watched my portions. Much to my surprise I have lost 5 lbs. since the un-fill. I just wanted you to know that it is possible to still lose weight, we just have to be careful about the amount of food we consume.

Just wanted to share in case someone needs to have an un-fill.

Mary

Wow, Mary, that is terrific news! So now you're comfortable and not gaining! And you're only 5 lbs from your goal? Wow!!

Congratulations on getting through a nerve-wracking time. You're great inspiration! :confused:

Thank You. To think that I would be an inspiration to others. To be honest it is a sureal feeling. I still don't believe what I see in the mirror. This time I know that I am able to maintain this weight and may be one day my "fat" image will become foreign to me.

This is such a great support system. I check the posts a few times a day and although I may be close to goal, there are so many other issues that come up that I would like to get your openions on.

Good luck to you, I know if I could make it here so can you.

Mary

Mary -

Congratulations! Whoo hoo!

Wow - to be 5 pounds from goal... Totally amazing. Good for you for remaining "conscious" about your eating without as much help from the band.

Keep up the great work!

Hi Mary,

Congratulations! I know that you were probably scared about what would happen with your weight with an unfill, but you are now proof that the body can put itself into starvation mode when it is not getting the proper nutrition. Good for you!

Not sure if anyone has asked already, but do you have any pictures and/or stats to share with us about your progress? As a pre-bander (only 3 days to go now!)... I love seeing everyone's progress.

I hope you reach your goal soon.

Take Care,

Hi Anne,

You must be excited. I know I was pinching myself before getting banded just to make sure it was for real. Eventhough I had that horrible experience, I still feel that this was the best $8500 I ever spent! God willing I will not have any problems in the future, but so far so good and I am very happy with the weight loss.

I am thinking about putting some pictures up or at least posting my weight loss chart. I think it's important to look at this as a life time change. You wil undoubtedly go through times when there is no weight loss at all. Keep in mind that sooner or later the scale will have to move again and it's just a matter of time.

Please let us know how you're doing,

Mary:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches