Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 month supervised diet

had my consultation they said i have to do a 6 month diet and i have to get my own dr.records that dont seem right! and it took 3hrs after my app.time to c dr.i was last one out they were turning out the lights as i was leaving.not off to a good start .

Shirley, I'm required to go through a 6 month medically supervised diet. Your insurance sets the requirements.

i know dont mean i have to like it hoping the time goes by fast and insurance approves it.

I had the same thing...my insurance provider emailed me the paperwork to turn into the dr every month...you should check in with them. I have United Health Care...its going to seem like you do all the work and its true...once ur appoved that's when he surgeon steps in etc for fills post op procedures and the works. Don't start with the mentality that its frustrating if you do its going to be a very long 6 months + for you. Look at it as its going to take a lot of commitments from you...not as easy getting banded as some think...at least with insurance. I've read on the individuals who pay 100% out of pocket get scheduled the same week....at any case sorry for rambling. Good luck with your new journey!

i also have united healthcare,im going to try to stay postive and i know it will be worth it .ive been over weight most of my life so six months should fly by.thats for your response.

Ah good ol United Healthcare :-) Thats who I have as well. I just finished my 6 month doctor supervised weight management plan and I am scheduled for surgery on November 17th. Hang in there, my time flew by and it gave me a lot of time for self reflection and to get in the habit of going to the gym and eating better. I do not know if your United Healthcare plan has it or not, but mine has a specific nurse that I can call with any questions on nutrition, lap band, etc. She was very helpful during the 6 months. Best of luck to you!!

I'm beginning to think the insurance industry hopes you'll get tired of waiting and quit.

heard back from my surgeons office today got my app. set up for nutritionist for nov.18th.and my first app for my supervised diet 17th.and my upper endoscopy and i have to set up my psych app they said i have the six months to do it in but im going to set one up right away just in case they r behind.after i do that all i have to get through the next 6 months i just hope i dont go through all this and ins.turns me down im going to be pretty upset.i'll keep everone posted wish me luck

I looked at as a lifetime commitment. I have been overweight for awhile now so if they told me I had to wait a year I would have waited. I felt like I had nothing to lose. I had to do a 4 month supervised diet and the time flew, I was banded two weeks ago. I know it seems like forever but its really not