Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100+ Positive Reasons to get the Lapband and outcomes

OK so a fellow December Bandster told us in that his PCP wanted him to build a list of 100 positive things that will happen to you after the Lapband surgery. Some members including myself started to add to his list....so I thought I should just start a thread and get everyone to add to this list. So add what you wish to happen or for the Banded members what has happpened to you that has been a positive outcome from the Lapband. I am sure we can surpass the 100 reasons.

So I will start with my few reasons/positive outcomes that I am hoping to achieve from the Lapband:

(1) living longer

(2) being able to tie my shoes easily

(3) getting more career opportunities (unfortunately there is lots of weight discrimination)

(4) freely eating in public without being judged

(5) taking control back from food and ending the constant struggle

(6) a bigger sex drive

(7) taking a full length picture of yourself

(8) Not hiding behind others in a group picture (my two kids are always in front of my body and my lean down so all you see is my head in between their two little heads...pathetic)

(9) Being called a Skinny B*itch

(10) no more knocking things and kids down with my butt lol

*Fitting in a seat on an airplane and being able to buckle the seatbelt

*not hearing.... but you have such a pretty face when discussing weight

*Having a tool to help me control my weight forever

*being able to sit in a regular chair w/o worrying if it will hold me

*not ALWAYS being the largest person in a group

*being able to shop in regular stores

*not feeling bloated all the time

* over all health benefits including normal blood pressure

*being able to walk from the house to the car without sweating

*fitting in the dentist chair

*using a normal scale instead of the ones for above 300 lbs

*being able to wear a normal sized Bracelet or watch

not feeding my face so much that i want to barf afterwards. will not miss that thanksgiving full feeling at all.

fitting into jeans i have not worn in 5 years.

being at my pre-pregnancy weight again and going down.

not feeling yucky and in pain be able to hold my head up in public and not feeling like everone is looking@ me.

Not having additional surgeries ex. back and knee.

Getting to play with my kids.

Swimming everyday in summer because I won't feel bad in a bathing suit.

Going to college.

Getting a good job.

Learn to rock climb. :)

*Walking on the beach in a bathing suit and not hiding my body with a tee shirt

*My boyfriend can put his arms around my waist with room to spare

*Getting on a roller coaster and not feeling like my guts are being squeezed out by the harness

*Being able to go clothes shopping and actually enjoy it

*Being a thin and beautiful bride if my boyfriend ever gets me the damn ring :P

*Looking down and seeing my feet

*Loving myself

*Lingerie shopping and actually liking how i look in it

*Gaining the confidence to sing in front of people again

*Getting off this roller coaster of emotions

*Caring about myself and my appearance

*Not being afraid of going out with my girlfriends and just being comfortable in public in general

so much more...

-being able to just wear a bathing suit to the beach with out cover ups, skirts or shorts

-and to feel the sun on my skin not my cover up

-not being the fattest of all my friends

-not being squished in airplane seats

-having a sense of style and buying clothes I want to wear and not "HAVE" to wear because they fit

-having people I haven't seen in awhile not recognize me or have their jaws drop

To look, feel and BE SEXY!!

Teresa

When I had my first interview for the procedure, I was asked why I wanted to do it, and I responded "I don't want to die!"

Seriously, loosing weight has taking care of all my medical issues (comorbidities)

* Completely reversed my diabetes. Normal #'s with NO Meds.

*Cholesterol and triglycerides completely within normal ranges.

* Improved circulation - I have Coronary Arterial Disease, have passed all recent tests with flying colors!

* Testosterone levels normal.

* Healed issues with Eczema.

* Lowered Blood pressure to normal range, stopped all meds there also.

- taking vacations and not worrying how much walking there will be

- being able to commute to and from work by train, not cab

- taking my dog for a walk, myself - not depending on my husband or a dog walker

- not worrying about going to a fancy hair salon cause I may not fit in the chair

- not afraid to let my husband see me come in or out of the shower

- quit my job and know that I can reinvent myself

- getting on a stepstool to grab something off a high shelf

- wearing pretty shoes and knowing that they can hold my weight

~ I'm tired of remembering family trips through pictures of everyone but me, (cause I hide from the camera) half the time I have to prove to people I was there.

~ Goodbye to inner thighs rubbing my pants to shreads. And eachother till skin is gone!

~ Thanks but no thanks to all the family "suggestions" and little tips, and constant reminders and oh beautiful face only comments. I know they were meant well but that doesn't mean they did really hurt.

~ Bye-bye cardigans, all 10 of you, and you too my stretchy black skirt and pants army.

~ C'ya not later, but never, low self esteem. I deserve to be in pictures, wear brave colors, be loud-excitable-proud without judgement because I'm a big girl... Cause I won't be.

~ Hello to rock climbing, Water parks, theme parks (and fit in rides), shopping for fashion and not just fitability, feeling alive, feeling sexy, being happy!!!

Can I get a true answer , how do you feel with the lapband, was the weight loss fast or is it dragging?

*being able not only to walk, but to RUN again!

*being a positive, healthy role-model for my daughter; I don't want her to have any memories of her mother being fat!

I have a Dec.12 date for surgery, still not sure if I want to go through with it, so I will be reading this forum to help sway my decision. Good luck to everyone in their journey no matter what path you take to get there.

Being able to save money by doing your own pedicure.

Having people who didn't know you before, think that you have always been thin!

Having men remark to your husband how great you look.

Not feeling that everyone remembers you as the "fat" lady in the choir.

Able to walk into normal stores and pick out an outfit, take it home and it fits, with out trying it on.

Looking good in a bathing suit.

Having my PCP show me off to her other Dr friends

Not having constant pain in my arthiretic knees