Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100+ Positive Reasons to get the Lapband and outcomes

Well I want to say all those things but weightloss has been very slow in the last three weeks I hope I made the best decision

* to no longer have diabetes, high blood pressure or sleep apnea

* to no longer have to take medications for diabetes and high blood pressure

* to no longer have to wear a CPAP mask at night and have to lug it with me every time I travel

* to not have to worry about how far I have to walk somewhere

* to be able to breath effortlessly

* to feel comfortable in public

* to sleep better

* to feel happier

* to be able to do anything that anyone else can do

* to be rid of joint pain or at least reduce it significantly

* to be able to wear fashionable clothes

* to be able to get boots on around my calves

* to be able to put on and/or tie shoes without stopping breathing

* to change my unhealthy relationship with food

* to feel pretty and sexy

* to fit in any chair

* to not have to sit in the front seat with a car full of people because I don't fit with 2 others in the back seat

* to be able to play my guitar better because I can hold the instrument closer to my body

* to gain self-esteem

* to feel more normal

* to be able to snow ski again

* to be able to wear a swim suit without feeling gross

* to be able to shave my legs without struggling or missing spots

* to end my guilty feelings

* to not feel like an embarressment to my family and friends

Gosh I'm sure I can think of more, but that's just what's pooring off the top of my head right now. This is a great idea as it will help me stay focused when things get rough or difficult and I can't turn to food to sooth pain.

* I want to wear WHITE again and look good in it!!

* I want to throw away all the ugly printed shirts I own!

* DITTO on the boots! I want to buy, fit and wear a pair of sexy knee high boots.

* Of course I will be saving $$$ on food to afford the new clothes lol

:D

Try to keep focused on your reasons you had the surgery. Slow is better than a gain any day. Know that you WILL get there!

:)

Well I want to say all those things but weightloss has been very slow in the last three weeks I hope I made the best decision

being able to buy leather boots and not ask "excuse me, do you have these in WIDE CALF"

being able to rock sexy lingerie

being able to wear a thong and not have i lost in the folds

being able to say "I finally got this weight issue under control"

and the most important thing to me is go to a doctor with symptom and NOT have it blamed on being overweight. every ailment i have ever had was always blamed on the fact that i was overweight.

Thanks Skinnyminime for this. great idea. keep it going.

and be able to sit in any chair i want without having to look at it for a few minutes to see if i can fit my ass in it. skinny people just don't realize what we go through in life. we have been a slave to this fat for so long. here's to 2012, it is going to be the start of something beautiful.

How about

* not feeling ashamed to go to the gym! I feel like I am doing the walk of shame when I am going through the gym especially now that I gained my weight back.

* being able to buy nice workout clothes. I never understood why store only carry up to XL, big people workout too.

* not having to adjust our shirt or pants every time we get up

how about getting rid of the naste black skin on my thighs because they rub together. target has some creme for it but i am waiting til i lose more weight.

Taking a picture neck up but making it so the fat under my chin disappears.

holding my head up hi

not worrying about what others are thinking

or having ankles not cankles i dont have cankles but some of us do

not shopping at goodwill cuz the big people clothes are cheap

getting rid of all the medical bills and not having them pile up anymore

for me buying a bathrobe. always wanted one but cant find any to go around my belly

oh how about not having to find the huge towels to go around your body after a shower

I have to turn my body when going into the bathroom or coming out. just noticed i turn out of habit so i just tested it i dont fit just walking in. the door is unussually small but my mother fits through it without turning.

not having to lift a leg when just bending over to get something off the floor cuz my belly is in the way to just bend over

not using my chest as a shelf. lol

grocery shopping is frustrating. I want to buy bad food. after banding i see the bad food as 5lbs of hamburger that is just fat to paste onto my body

Share please :) What is the name of the cream? THNX

how about getting rid of the naste black skin on my thighs because they rub together. target has some creme for it but i am waiting til i lose more weight.

Taking a picture neck up but making it so the fat under my chin disappears.

holding my head up hi

not worrying about what others are thinking

or having ankles not cankles i dont have cankles but some of us do

not shopping at goodwill cuz the big people clothes are cheap

getting rid of all the medical bills and not having them pile up anymore

for me buying a bathrobe. always wanted one but cant find any to go around my belly

oh how about not having to find the huge towels to go around your body after a shower

I have to turn my body when going into the bathroom or coming out. just noticed i turn out of habit so i just tested it i dont fit just walking in. the door is unussually small but my mother fits through it without turning.

not having to lift a leg when just bending over to get something off the floor cuz my belly is in the way to just bend over

not using my chest as a shelf. lol

grocery shopping is frustrating. I want to buy bad food. after banding i see the bad food as 5lbs of hamburger that is just fat to paste onto my body

* to not feel like an embarressment to my family and friends :(

I know the feeling.:(

I think it is gold bond healing therapy cream. i have not tried it yet waiting til i lose enough weight my thighs dont rub

Share please :) What is the name of the cream? THNX

I know this is not the place for it but i just need to tell some1. I am ashamed to admit i have a gambling problem. I spent $140 on scrath tickets today. i feel like **** now. sorry just had to tell some1.

The health club I go to has a weight loss program. All of the advertising posters, and the t-shirts the workers wear have the slogan:

"Look Better Naked"

I know this is not the place for it but i just need to tell some1. I am ashamed to admit i have a gambling problem. I spent $140 on scrath tickets today. i feel like **** now. sorry just had to tell some1.

thank you for opening up to us. if you can't be totally honest on this forum, why be here? we shouldn't sugar coat things. life is not perfect and neither are we. did you mention that during your appointment for clearance with the therapist? insurance would cover that. take advantage of this opportunity. good luck. admitting the problem is half the battle.

thank you for opening up to us. if you can't be totally honest on this forum, why be here? we shouldn't sugar coat things. life is not perfect and neither are we. did you mention that during your appointment for clearance with the therapist? insurance would cover that. take advantage of this opportunity. good luck. admitting the problem is half the battle.

I find in my life over spending and over eating go hand in hand. Teresa

Yeah just becareful because when you can't over eat you may run to the next best thing, over spending, gambling, drinking etc.,

I find in my life over spending and over eating go hand in hand. Teresa