Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 60 Mile Walk Challenge

another 2 down last night ... need to get some xtra walking in to make this !! :(

dk4k,

I know you're right about the stretching first - I haven't been doing that. My time is so limited, I just dive right into the walk, so I suppose I'm not doing my muscles good. I will change that. Thanks!!

JaGo

JaGo, try stretching if you're not already. I stretch every time I walk, before and after. And yes, I think just building up your endurance helps with the soreness too.

exercise.png

Finally was able to walk yesterday after being sick the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I had better get busy and catch up!

Joan

I sue Leslie Sansone's Walk away the pounds..I love theses low impact great results Good Luck

Amanda,

Today, I walked outside for about a mile, realizing I'd have to get in another mile before day's end. I stopped by Target and bought Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Colllection ($12.99) with 4 complete workouts on one DVD. It includes:

• 1 mile get up and get started
  • 2 mile brisk walk
  • 3 mile advanced walk
  • 4 mile super challenge

It also included a stretch band strip (I suppose for the later workouts).

I got my other mile in with the DVD. I couldn't believe how great it was! I thought it would be boring, but not only was it not boring, but the time went by so fast. The 1 mile walk only lasted 15 mins. It seems to take me over 20 mins on the treadmill or when outside. I guess her pace maximizes the time better. It also includes a warm up and warm down which I'm guilty of not doing. Because my time and energy level is so limited, these may be the perfect solution for me! So 7:30p this evening, I got my second mile in - thanks to Leslie Sansone!!

Thanks to you too Amanda!! This challenge is just what I needed!!! B)

JaGo

exercise.png

Amanda,

Today, I walked outside for about a mile, realizing I'd have to get in another mile before day's end. I stopped by Target and bought Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Colllection ($12.99) with 4 complete workouts on one DVD. It includes:

• 2 mile brisk walk
  • 3 mile advanced walk
  • 4 mile super challenge

I got my other mile in with the DVD. I couldn't believe how great it was! I thought it would be boring, but not only was it not boring, but the time went by so fast. The 1 mile walk only lasted 15 mins. It seems to take me over 20 mins on the treadmill or when outside. I guess her pace maximizes the time better. It also includes a warm up and warm down which I'm guilty of not doing. Because my time and energy level is so limited, these may be the perfect solution for me! So 7:30p this evening, I got my second mile in - thanks to Leslie Sansone!!

JaGo

I LOVE the Walk Away the Pounds dvds, too. I even have old VHS tapes! I dvr recorded some front our satellite, too.

Joan

I had a great weekend!! Down 3.6lbs and I'm trying to get ahead on my miles, as I'll be on vacation the week after Thanksgiving, and it will be good not to have that pressure on my while I'm away from home. I'm going to try to keep it up while I'm gone anyway, as I'm loving the results!

I'm gonna give this a try, I do the eliptical and treadmill at the gym, both track miles. Whoop Whoop!

Welcome all new members of this Challenge, I got in 5 Miles this morning 10 down 50 to go...

Amanda,

I had noooo idea what a God send this challenge was going to be when I signed up. My normal routine is to do 3 miles each morning before work and any miles I do on the weekend (before of after errands, chores and/or events) is just icing on the cake. Imagine my surprise when I find myslef struggling to get my miles in ... I am stunned! My life was turned upside down when I was on a project that had me working seriously crazy hours at work, but that's over now and I can't seem to get back on track. Thank goodness for this challenge! I am pretty good about fulfilling my promises so even when I have to roll myself out of bed, down the stairs and into my car to drive for the park ... I do it. Why? Because I am bound and determined to complete this challenge! :lol:

Thank you soooo much!

~Fran

exercise.png

Joan

Amanda,

• 2 mile brisk walk
  • 3 mile advanced walk
  • 4 mile super challenge

JaGo

Glad yoy like her :D I'm going to have to try and find that set. I'm currently doing 5 Really Big Miles with the Firm Band every morning so I know how you feel lol keep up the great work.

Amanda,

I had noooo idea what a God send this challenge was going to be when I signed up. My normal routine is to do 3 miles each morning before work and any miles I do on the weekend (before of after errands, chores and/or events) is just icing on the cake. Imagine my surprise when I find myslef struggling to get my miles in ... I am stunned! My life was turned upside down when I was on a project that had me working seriously crazy hours at work, but that's over now and I can't seem to get back on track. Thank goodness for this challenge! I am pretty good about fulfilling my promises so even when I have to roll myself out of bed, down the stairs and into my car to drive for the park ... I do it. Why? Because I am bound and determined to complete this challenge! :lol:

Thank you soooo much!

~Fran

YAY Fran this is motivation for all of us. I will say my day turns out a little better when I get my miles in in the morning. Thanks for joining...See you at the finish line.

5 Really Big Miles this morning 45 miles to go. Happy Tuesday everybody :D

Got in 3 Really Big Miles at 6:45a today!! I think the stamina level is getting better!!! :D

Okay so I hate the treadmill! I have been trying to walk outside 4 miles each day (did not do one mile this weekend). But yesterday it was very stormy and wet in Texas so I went up to the school and walked on the treadmill. Even though it took about the same amount of time it seemed like it took so much longer and my shins were killing me. Also my legs cramped all night and my rear hurt lol. Is the treadmill harder than walking outside? It usually takes me about 50 minutes to walk 4 miles and thats right at what it took me on the treadmill so I was walking about the same pace with no incline. Oh well it should be a nice afternoon to walk outdoors today and I even have a friend to join me!