Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello to all,

I am a young guy at 27 and am trying to get my health back on track. This April I weighed in at 416 and was finally fed up with my weight. I am an active person and am always out and about doing but I have always found it hard to feel satisfied after eating. I am hoping the band helps me with that problem. Since April I am down to 372 and I have gotten rid off almost all red meat (once or twice a month now) and all white starches from my diet.

I'm having my band placed tomorrow morning... (26 hours). I am currently on Clear liquids only and am STARVING! It doesn't help that I play Ice Hockey and that I just finished a game earlier. I find myself ready but a little nervous but excited about my long term health and how much faster I could be on the ice if I can drop the extra weight.

Any other younger people/ younger guys on here?

Hello to all,

I am a young guy at 27 and am trying to get my health back on track. This April I weighed in at 416 and was finally fed up with my weight. I am an active person and am always out and about doing but I have always found it hard to feel satisfied after eating. I am hoping the band helps me with that problem. Since April I am down to 372 and I have gotten rid off almost all red meat (once or twice a month now) and all white starches from my diet.

I'm having my band placed tomorrow morning... (26 hours). I am currently on Clear Liquids only and am STARVING! It doesn't help that I play Ice Hockey and that I just finished a game earlier. I find myself ready but a little nervous but excited about my long term health and how much faster I could be on the ice if I can drop the extra weight.

good luck with your surgery tommorrow morning,i have my first dr app.tommorrow so im just getting started i cant wait to get this started you have came to a great site these ppl r great iv'e learned alot since i came here about a week ago.:)

I understand your situation. I have the same problem. Up until recently I worked out frequently but when I would eat it would take a tremendous amount of food to make me feel full. I will be having my surgery on 11/10 and I am very excited. I'm impressed that a big man like yourself is playing hockey. 372 pounds skating around the ice is no joke. Good luck on your surgery :). If you're a Ducks fan, sorry about the shoot out last night. GO BLACKHAWKS!

I understand your situation. I have the same problem. Up until recently I worked out frequently but when I would eat it would take a tremendous amount of food to make me feel full. I will be having my surgery on 11/10 and I am very excited. I'm impressed that a big man like yourself is playing hockey. 372 pounds skating around the ice is no joke. Good luck on your surgery :). If you're a Ducks fan, sorry about the shoot out last night. GO BLACKHAWKS!

I've been captain of a team for almost 5 years... Being big has its advantages but I would far rather be a bit quicker and be able to get around better. At these weights I feel bad for my skates!

My boys came out flat footed after Sharps goal, they were pulling for a single point not pushing to get 2... and after hearing about the Blackhawks recent shoot out problems I had a feeling they would be extra motivated to get that monkey off their back!

Hi there =)

I'm 25, but not a guy, sorry! Lol. I am suppose to get my lap band November 7th. I am doing the pre op diet and I am STARVING! any tips?

Hi there =)

I'm 25, but not a guy, sorry! Lol. I am suppose to get my lap band November 7th. I am doing the pre op diet and I am STARVING! any tips?

Well 1 for 2 isn't too bad.... Ill let it pass!B)

My surgeon only required me to be on Clear liquids for 2 days prior to surgery... I am only going slightly crazy but am trying to stay focused on the weeks ahead!

I had my procedure yesterday and I too was nervous. Everything went smoothly, I am just a little sore and alot hungry! Good luck on your surgery tomorrow!

I had my procedure yesterday and I too was nervous. Everything went smoothly, I am just a little sore and alot hungry! Good luck on your surgery tomorrow!

Thanks!!!

Whats up bro! My name is Jason and I'm 26 and my biggest weight was 321 Im down to 299.8 as of this morning. Got my lapband 5 days ago and I'm feeling pretty good. I cant wait until I can be active never been before but I definetly want to...Im sure after my first filling I will be dropping more weight and faster and Im sure it will be the same for you as well. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress...

hey good luck with the surgery! I hope all goes well... I am a huge hockey fan, played for 25 yrs of my 34 yr son plante earth. Weight has always been a problem espically the last 9 yrs since my acl/mcl tear playing roller hockey @ FLyers Skate zone. Thats when the weight started piling on! It will be worth it, I had my surgery on 10.14.11 and I feel gr8, probably the best decision I have ever made!! need anything hit me up!! GO Flyers!!! Bobby Ryan is the man, he is from Cherry Hill,NJ @ legend in my area!!! jeremy w from NJ

Hello to all,

I'm having my band placed tomorrow morning... (26 hours). I am currently on clear liquids only and am STARVING! It doesn't help that I play Ice Hockey and that I just finished a game earlier. I find myself ready but a little nervous but excited about my long term health and how much faster I could be on the ice if I can drop the extra weight.

I've been captain of a team for almost 5 years... Being big has its advantages but I would far rather be a bit quicker and be able to get around better. At these weights I feel bad for my skates!

My boys came out flat footed after Sharps goal, they were pulling for a single point not pushing to get 2... and after hearing about the Blackhawks recent shoot out problems I had a feeling they would be extra motivated to get that monkey off their back!

You know what, I really don't mind our shoot out problems. What I can't stand is our lack of ability to score when we're on the power play. It's disgusting. Every time we go on the power play everybody gets all excited and I'm like "who cares?". Nothing good ever comes of it, we score more when the other team is at full strength.

Bobby Ryan is THE MAN! I love that guy!

The Hawks may not score on the PP but their affinity for scoring shorthanded keeps everyone on their toes.

Sitting at work right now untill 5am... So hungry... Surgury tomorrow at 6am..

Hi Ducks. I'm not a young guy, but I wanted to wish you the best of luck tomorrow. I'm scheduled for surgery in 7 days and it kind-of scares me that I don't really have a personal mentor yet. Anyway, best of luck & keep us posted!

/P2P

You are so lucky you only had to do two days. Good luck with your surgery today! I will be thinking about you!! ;)

Well 1 for 2 isn't too bad.... Ill let it pass!B)

My surgeon only required me to be on Clear liquids for 2 days prior to surgery... I am only going slightly crazy but am trying to stay focused on the weeks ahead!

Off work... Changed and waiting for my lift over to the surgery center... So many mixed emotions right now... But its time for change.... Talk to you guys soon