Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hungry, haters, but happy!

So I have been thinking all day I need to post a blog to see if anyone else is going through what I am. On day one of my 2 week pre op diet. Today sucked, the Protein Shakes and Soup sucked, but you know what, I stuck to it, didnt cheat all day, and even as I sit here now with my belly making noise, I am HAPPY with my first day behind me. So I have also learned, there are so many people who are against this surgery. People who are usually skinny, seem to be "fitness" experts. It doesnt take an expert to have a high metabolism and a "know everything attitude". For example, I posted on Facebook "Tomorrow I start my life of working out, Protein shakes, no carbs and a new me....but today I'm eating homemade eggrolls and pancakes! I'm really going to enjoy today". This caused a huge uproar, and everyone of my so called "friends" began lecturing me about how carbs are the bottom of the food pyramid, and I will never be able to safely lose weight by following this and my doctor must be crazy. I didnt tell anyone I was getting the surgery, but even those I did had the same things to say. There is a whole department dedicated to this at the hospital. If it really was so crazy would a doctor, dietitian, nutritionist, and personal trainer all tell me I dont need carbs to be alive and energetic? People suck. Anyway, thats my sob story. I am hungry, there are HATERS, but I am SOOO Happy in 13 days I will have the lap band!

Hate the Haters...this is a journey and you will eats carbs again (good carbs)! You won't care in a few months while you doing the "omg I fit into skinny jeans happy dance" lol

Congratulations on the first day of the rest of your life!

Haters will always hate! This is the main reason i have not told many people at all. I dont want to hear other peoples opinions on my body and my issues. People dont know when to shut up

Just ignore them, and congratulations on the start of a new YOU!! :)

I'm sorry, I stopped reading your post at "homemade egg roll." I would probably sell my soul if I could eat one right now! 1 week post op and needing to eat food!!

Ignore them! I'm on day 7 of my preop diet. All I could have was Clear Liquids, no Protein Shakes. And I lost 15 pounds and dropped a pant size! Tomorrow I will be banded and on my way to a healthier happier new me. And how I feel about myself matters way more then what any one person could say.

I can totally relate to the haters. One of my co-workers told me she would rather be fat than to have WLS. My response was, "you have never been 317 pounds, unable to walk without becoming short of breath, not being able to sit in any chair comfortably, not be able to reach certain areas of your body, etc, etc," People do not understand. Lapband is a personal decision you have to make for yourself. It is something you have to be comfortably living with. No one can live your life but you. Good luck to you!