Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had lap band 9-29-11 gain weight!!

I had my sugery done on 9-29-11. At that time pre-op I weighted 258. Now I's about 3 weeks in and I've gain. I will have my first fill on Nov. 2. Any siggestions on what to do? I get sooooo hungery. I'm getting scared becuase I feel like I'm falling back into my old habits. I have not thrown up or had reflux. I't like I can eat almost like I did before and it has no effect on me. I hope I did'nt strech my band. Has anyone got some advice? Please help!!!!!!

Your band doesn't have any restriction yet, so you can eat almost

anything you ate before. There's no problem with your band, it just

hasn't had a fill yet. As you go for fills the opening in the bottom of

your band will get smaller and smaller until it's just right to allow

you to eat, but not overeat.

You will have to be strong until you get your fills so you don't

overeat, It's going to be hard, but just do the best you can and

try to follow your doctor/nutritionist's instructions.

Your band doesn't have any restriction yet, so you can eat almost

anything you ate before. There's no problem with your band, it just

hasn't had a fill yet. As you go for fills the opening in the bottom of

your band will get smaller and smaller until it's just right to allow

you to eat, but not overeat.

You will have to be strong until you get your fills so you don't

overeat, It's going to be hard, but just do the best you can and

try to follow your doctor/nutritionist's instructions.

Thanks for that. I'm going to try my hardest this week to bulk down. This is alot harder than I thought. I'm tough though I'll keep you posted after I get my first fill.

My advice is to focus on what your eating- the Portion Control will come with restriction. I reccomend a lowcarb/lowfat/high protien diet. Also, once your cleared, excersise would be great. Hope this helps and hang in there!

My suggestion is to buy a good digital food scale. I am not a member of weight watchers but you can go into one of their centers and buy one for $25 dollars. Don't buy them online at Amazon because people are reselling them for a lot more. Any way. My doctor says to measure all Protein and to eat only 3 oz. When you are at home always measure, this will help you gage when eating out. For now this is a will power diet. You wil be able to eat more than a bandster should for quite a while I did not get restriction for 6 months.

Hasn't your doctor given you guidelines on what you should be eating at this stage? If so - FOLLOW THEM.

I was eating 1/4 cup of food three times a day plus two Protein shakes when I was three weeks out.

You really need to try to get this under control now or you may not find much success with the band. I'm not trying to be rude or be a Debbie Downer but did you really put your body through all of this just to go back to your old habits.

Turn over a new leaf starting right this second and do what you are supposed to do.

YOU CAN DO THIS! You owe it to yourself to give yourself and the band the very best chance at success.

Dont be hard on yourself either though. Its a time of limbo, everyone goes through it.

Wow...I needed to read this thread. I'm going through the same thing. My first fill is November 1 and it's getting tougher and tougher not to eat like a maniac because I've worked very hard not too. My doctor did give me guidelines but also talked about this being a limbo time with a possibility of gaining weight. It takes all of my will power to stay on track. I find myself eating what I'm suppose too, just too much of it. I've also noticed myself changing my family's eating habits a little also. I make more protien centered meals and they have waayyyy less carbs. They've also enjoyed the protien shakes for a snack at times.