Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not too sure where to post this.....

Oh goodness....where do I start. I was banded in 2008-- I have currently lost 107lbs. I was as much as 114lbs lost but over the past year I have REALLY REALLY been struggling....I get a fill I throw up all the time. Get a slight unnfill and I feel like I could eat the house. But I have been struggling with my last 20lbs!!! For over a year now!!! I even started dieting again.....I did the HCG diet and lost 7lbs just like that but then I just hated getting shots.

My problem is slider foods. I go for the easiest food to eat which is always high in calories and lower in nutrients!! I exercise 6 days a week for at least 40min. So I got that side covered. And I know I dont drink enough Water. I need help. I need these last 20lbs TO GO!!!! Struggling with this for so long is making me feel like failure.

SO I think my biggest problem is food and lack of water intake. BUT I AM SOOOOOO TIRED of having to "watch what I eat" Its like I am rebelling against all that I know to be right!!! When Im really sticking to it I average about 800-900 calories a day. IF I go over 1100 I start TO GAIN.........WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO????

You have already identified your problem and you already know the answer. Stop eating sliders and go for the correct foods which will fill you up properly and allow you to lose the weight.

It is hard. No one said that it would be easy. You have done wonderfully so far and would be considered to be more successful than the "AVERAGE" bandster. Remember the band is only designed to help you lose 60 - 70% of your excess weight.

Maybe you should give yourself a break for a couple of weeks and by that I don't mean eat anything and everything in sight. Enjoy what you have achieved so far, work at maintaining that and then refocus on losing when you feel you have the energy and committment. It isn't like it is a race. There is no fixed date by when you have to lose the weight, this is for life.

LOL-- I guess identifying the problem is probably the easiest step. Seems like it is sooo easy to fall off the wagon......terrible to try and get back on!!!!

You have already identified your problem and you already know the answer. Stop eating sliders and go for the correct foods which will fill you up properly and allow you to lose the weight.

It is hard. No one said that it would be easy. You have done wonderfully so far and would be considered to be more successful than the "AVERAGE" bandster. Remember the band is only designed to help you lose 60 - 70% of your excess weight.

Maybe you should give yourself a break for a couple of weeks and by that I don't mean eat anything and everything in sight. Enjoy what you have achieved so far, work at maintaining that and then refocus on losing when you feel you have the energy and committment. It isn't like it is a race. There is no fixed date by when you have to lose the weight, this is for life.

I hate water- just not thirsty, but i found out the Water containers with the straw type top- makes it easier to drink at work, and when watching tv. etc,, no top to screw off,,, i got a big one at target 24 oz. I marked off at the 1/2 etc so I know how much I drank as it was not marked. (el cheapo $7.00) i noticed I never open my water bottles as was too busy at work, now I just lean over and sip.

I can identify, im a bit the same myself at the moment. I wanted to regain some weight after being sick but i regained 5 lb more than i wanted. I cannot get my act in gear to lose five tiny pounds! WTF is with that - i lost 120 and now cant lose five. I run hard for an hour most days. I maintain on about 1800 but when i cut back just cave and go on a 3 day binge. The answer unfortunately is simply to haulnyoursel up by the bootstraps.

I can identify, im a bit the same myself at the moment. I wanted to regain some weight after being sick but i regained 5 lb more than i wanted. I cannot get my act in gear to lose five tiny pounds! WTF is with that - i lost 120 and now cant lose five. I run hard for an hour most days. I maintain on about 1800 but when i cut back just cave and go on a 3 day binge. The answer unfortunately is simply to haulnyoursel up by the bootstraps.

Thanks Jachut!! I knew there was someone out there that could totally relate. I am starting FRESH today. I AM going to set small weekly goals. This week I am focusing alll on my nutrition and Water intake. I will continue with my exercising with no change. I want to be down 1 size by Thanksgiving...:-) Ill keep you all posted. Thanks for the encouragement.

I am going to go get some GOOD FOR ME groceries today as well :-)

I am just like u i hv been workin out 5days a week and i hv had my band for 13 months and i need to loose 30 lbs did u loose more than 7 lbs with hcg shot would u recomend it to another lapband patients

Oh goodness....where do I start. I was banded in 2008-- I have currently lost 107lbs. I was as much as 114lbs lost but over the past year I have REALLY REALLY been struggling....I get a fill I throw up all the time. Get a slight unnfill and I feel like I could eat the house. But I have been struggling with my last 20lbs!!! For over a year now!!! I even started dieting again.....I did the HCG diet and lost 7lbs just like that but then I just hated getting shots.

My problem is slider foods. I go for the easiest food to eat which is always high in calories and lower in nutrients!! I exercise 6 days a week for at least 40min. So I got that side covered. And I know I dont drink enough Water. I need help. I need these last 20lbs TO GO!!!! Struggling with this for so long is making me feel like failure.

SO I think my biggest problem is food and lack of water intake. BUT I AM SOOOOOO TIRED of having to "watch what I eat" Its like I am rebelling against all that I know to be right!!! When Im really sticking to it I average about 800-900 calories a day. IF I go over 1100 I start TO GAIN.........WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO????

I lost about 15lbs in less than 2 weeks with HCG. It is easier for bandsters to do the HCG diet...bc it is so strict..we have an advantage bc we cant eat that much anyway! I would recommend. I myself am thinking about giving it another try. I still have a vial of HCG here!

I can totally relate. I too was banded in 2008. I lost like crazy but struggled for months with that last 25-30 pounds. No matter what I did I could not lose an ounce. Six months ago, I left my highly stressful job and focused my attention on myself. The weight loss picked back up almost immediately. I've lost 15 pounds since then and am still losing (hope I didn't just jinx myself!). There is NO reason for you to feel like a failure. You've done great. Just be patient and do what you know is right and I'm sure you'll have continued success!

Maybe there is a point where our bodies are most comfortable that makes it hard to lose those last 5 - 10 -20lbs. I have set myself an interim goal of getting under 100kg (2kg to go!) but then I plan to keep eating properly (note: that is not perfectly, cos I couldn't maintain that for very long!) and continuing to exercise until I figure out where I am comfortable. The charts etc say I should be around the 70kg mark but I think that will be much too low for me. I suspect I will settle somewhere around 90kg but will wait and see what my body tells me.

I would like to tell you a little of my story. I hope it will encourage you to stay hooked. I had lost 100 pounds and was at the point that I wanted to be I had the Fluid pulled out of my band due to a hernia and was holding my weight. Then I had an injury to both ankles in the short time that I was down I ate what I wanted and in that few months I put on 40 pounds and I can't seem to get it back off. It just seems that once I went back to my old ways I went nuts and in my mind I kept saying when I get my fill back I will be ok. It's not ok. It so hard to get back on track. So please hold on and hang in. These feeling will go away and you will find your peace again.

These are great stories for all of us and I'm not sure what the answer is. I am wondering when the original poster says 'got a fill and cant eat, got an unfill and everything goes down' how much fill are we talking about? My last fill (trying to get off the last 10 and then did lose 15) was 3/10ths of a cc! This is TINY but it made all the difference...

I wish my doc would do a .3cc fill about the lowest he has gone is .5 and that is way too much. When drinking a milkshake causes you problems you know you're too tight!!!

That 0.3cc made a huge difference for me. She said see how it goes and if there were problems she could take some of it out down to about 1 or 1.5 tenths! Right now this is easy for me and just a lifestyle and I'm pretty tight (liquid Breakfast only) but I like and need it this way! I still have to have some discipline with myself because I could snack after dinner when the band is looser!

I wish my doc would do a .3cc fill about the lowest he has gone is .5 and that is way too much. When drinking a milkshake causes you problems you know you're too tight!!!

I LOVED it when I could only get liquids down for breakfast! That saved me a lot of calories in the morning time. I generally could eat something soft for lunch then for dinner pretty much could eat normally. The only reason Im not filled right now is because I had such horrible reflux over the summer they wanted to give me a break but then when he went in and put in the .5cc it was too much. I think I will request a much smaller fill!