Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Broke My Heart, but had to do it!

Temps went down into the 40's. Went to a football game last night and found all my warm outerwear was way too big.

I had 1XB, 2XL's, etc, etc. Everything looked like a tent.

So this morning, I filled 2 garbage bags with......... North Face Fleece, LL Bean parkas, a leather Bomber Jacket, wool overcoat, numerous hoodies, some with my favorite college name and colors, and my all time favorite NY Yankees World Series warm up jacket, and much more. UGH!!!!!

So today, I'm off to the mall to begin shopping for new coats. As a reward to dropping from a 1XB to a normal Large, I'm going to get a new leather Bomber Jacket to spoil myself.

(and I'm not at my goal yet)

It's crazy, isn't it?? Good for you! I am sure someone out there will make great use of your "old" stuff.

Congrats on the weight loss even if it is hard to give up some of your best clothing items. Enjoy shopping in the regular sizes today.

Haha! I love it! Last May, I went to Arizona for vacation. We wanted to go to Grand Canyon. So, since I live in Florida, I hit the GoodWill store in Az. I found some nice looking jackets and such. I was able to wear them once or twice in Az mountains. I got home and hung them in the back closet, as it was now summer. I tried them on last winter, too big. I had to give all my Goodwill finds back to Gooodwill here in Florida. Oh well, someone else got to use them. Good luck on your search. Don't spend too much, you might only get one season out of them! Karen

Way to go!!

Temps went down into the 40's. Went to a football game last night and found all my warm outerwear was way too big.

So this morning, I filled 2 garbage bags with......... North Face Fleece, LL Bean parkas, a leather Bomber Jacket, wool overcoat, numerous hoodies, some with my favorite college name and colors, and my all time favorite NY Yankees World Series warm up jacket, and much more. UGH!!!!!

So today, I'm off to the mall to begin shopping for new coats. As a reward to dropping from a 1XB to a normal Large, I'm going to get a new leather Bomber Jacket to spoil myself.

I had a whole second closet full of stuff that I grew out of as I was going UP the scale. I have now gone through ALL of the various sizes in that closet as I am going DOWN. Yes, I have packed up even my few favorite things (skinny jeans!), and will never see those sizes again! So cool, yet sort of weird. I also rewarded myself with some cute new clothes-- amazing how easily you get over the mourning of your old favorites!

Super congrats! Keep up the good work! Enjoy your very cool, leather bomber jacket!

Ok, got to share this update. Somebody up there likes me.

Went to Macy's. Big sale on leather jackets. 30-40% off. I find one I like, but the cost is $795!!!!!!!ohmy.gif

There is no red tag on this rack showing the % off. So I take it to the register. He swipes it and tells me 40% off.

Ok thanks, I'll put it back on the rack.

Wait. If you open a Macy's credit card, you will get an additional 20%, he says.

Ahhhhhhhh....thanks, but I really don't need another credit card. (my wife has a Macy's card)

There is a very important looking man standing off to the side listening to this exchange. He chimes in, "Aw c'mon, take the 20% and credit card."

Thanks, but no thanks, I say.

He says, "I have a coupon in my pocket for 20% I will give you if you take the credit card."

That's 40+20+20, = 80% off?blink.gif

So guess what I bought! Did that make up for the clothes I got rid of this morning?? You Bet! Is there a lap-band Fairy?

(BTW, the VIP looking man was the east coast regional men's clothing mgr., or something like that.)

Went to Macy's. Big sale on leather jackets. 30-40% off. I find one I like, but the cost is $795!!!!!!!ohmy.gif

There is no red tag on this rack showing the % off. So I take it to the register. He swipes it and tells me 40% off.

Wait. If you open a Macy's credit card, you will get an additional 20%, he says.

Ahhhhhhhh....thanks, but I really don't need another credit card. (my wife has a Macy's card)

There is a very important looking man standing off to the side listening to this exchange. He chimes in, "Aw c'mon, take the 20% and credit card."

He says, "I have a coupon in my pocket for 20% I will give you if you take the credit card."

So guess what I bought! Did that make up for the clothes I got rid of this morning?? You Bet! Is there a lap-band Fairy?

(BTW, the VIP looking man was the east coast regional men's clothing mgr., or something like that.)

Wow! Hurray for big sales! You did have an angel this morning. Someone up there loves you! Great going! Karen

LOL! LOVE your story!! Super congrats!! Yes, there must be a lap-band fairy!!

My next door neighbor had the gastric bypass surgery a month ago. I am giving her my shrunken-out-of jeans now. She is just starting to fit into them. In my lapband support group, we have started talking about a clothing exchange. Considering the fact that I went a little nuts when I suddenly hit regular sizes, and now those things I bought are already starting to get too big, I think helping each other out by handing down clothes makes sense.

My next door neighbor had the gastric bypass surgery a month ago. I am giving her my shrunken-out-of jeans now. She is just starting to fit into them. In my lapband support group, we have started talking about a clothing exchange. Considering the fact that I went a little nuts when I suddenly hit regular sizes, and now those things I bought are already starting to get too big, I think helping each other out by handing down clothes makes sense.

That is an amazing Idea!!

If you are looking for a way to get rid of that Yankees gear, as a Sox fan, I'm sure I could find a use for it. Burning that in my fireplace would keep me warm for hours :)

Kidding of course!! CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss.

If you are looking for a way to get rid of that Yankees gear, as a Sox fan, I'm sure I could find a use for it. Burning that in my fireplace would keep me warm for hours :)

Kidding of course!! CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss.

Since it's too big for me, maybe I can give it to Big Poppe" when he moves to New York.

Since it's too big for me, maybe I can give it to Big Poppe" when he moves to New York.

Touche` my friend. I think we Sox fans are ready for the shake-up that is surely imminent.

Sorry....didn't mean to hijack the thread.

All the best!

Good for you!! It's hard giving up those expensive items. I'm sure you worked hard to get those. But you worked hard to lose those pounds too right??!! Good luck on your journey. You're almost there it looks like.