Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Round 2

October 4th was my 1 year band-iversary. I planned on buying myself a new outfit. A really cute skinny outfit ;) Well that idea went out the window...along with my weight loss. When I first got my lap band I felt like it was truly the best thing that had ever happened to me. It was an awesome tool!!! Somewhere along the journey I lost my way. I was down 42lbs and so so happy. Then I learned how to eat around the band. I have been gaining my weight back and have been so depressed. I feel like I did before the band... Promising myself that as soon as Monday rolls back around I'm getting back to It. Well Monday comes and goes and I just don't feel motivated. I know I was blessed to be able to get the band and so many people who so desperately need it cant get it. I need to get back to it! I feel so discouraged.

Thanks for reading as I vent. I've been back to the site lately trying to find encouragement and inspiration and all of the positive posts here are very uplifting. Thanks All :)

Hi KBME,

You can do it! Just take one day at a time, as the members of AA are told. We are food addicts. Only problem is that we need food to live. You have to get back to the way you started to loose. After 2 years, I had to have an operation as my band had slipped and need to be readjusted(thankfully not removed). Anyway, teh point is, I am on Clear Liquids for a week and then full liquids for a week. Try going on liquids for a few days, it migh tjump start your motivation. Good luck. Also, you might need a fill and a visit to your surgeon"s office. Karen

October 4th was my 1 year band-iversary. I planned on buying myself a new outfit. A really cute skinny outfit ;) Well that idea went out the window...along with my weight loss. When I first got my lap band I felt like it was truly the best thing that had ever happened to me. It was an awesome tool!!! Somewhere along the journey I lost my way. I was down 42lbs and so so happy. Then I learned how to eat around the band. I have been gaining my weight back and have been so depressed. I feel like I did before the band... Promising myself that as soon as Monday rolls back around I'm getting back to It. Well Monday comes and goes and I just don't feel motivated. I know I was blessed to be able to get the band and so many people who so desperately need it cant get it. I need to get back to it! I feel so discouraged.

Thanks for reading as I vent. I've been back to the site lately trying to find encouragement and inspiration and all of the positive posts here are very uplifting. Thanks All :)

Maybe it is time for a fill. Go back to the basics. Only you can control what you put in your mouth. I know with just a little efort you can do this. I am rooting for you.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Karen and Donna.;)

I'm trying to get an appointment with my Primary Physician and hopefully I can get authorized to see a fill doctor. I had PPO insurance last year when I had surgery and now I'm with an H.M.O. For now I'm taking it one meal at a time.

Karen, good luck with those clear fluids. :thumbup:

Donna, have you been banded already?

You can do this..... we all have faith in you. You just have to believe in your self and that you deserve to reach your goal.

Start at the beginning again.... find what made you desire this change in the first place. Maybe you were not ready back then, but you are now.... think positive.

One pound lost is a positive step forward...... keep on stepping forward......smile.gif

Thanks Bayougirl :D

You've done a great job!! Hopefully I can get back on track and Celebrate a victory like yours ;)

Kbme, There is a 5 day pouch test (look it up on Google) that some folks

have used to get back on track, with some sucess. It doesn't cost anything

and seems to work. Good luck and I hope you get where you want to go.

Same thing happened to me. I was on top of the world and many other things in my life were right in place. But then things started to slip... including my weightloss. I hated going back to my office because i didn't feel like they were very supportive except for one doctor. Luckily he left that practice and now is head bariatric surgreon of a new practice. He was so excited to see me as I was to see him. He was greatful that I followed him and VERY supportive. I have to say that support helps motivate me. So please go back to your doctor and talk to him / her.

Thanks Bayougirl :D

You've done a great job!! Hopefully I can get back on track and Celebrate a victory like yours ;)

Don't be so hard on yourself..... tons of people get the band and learn how to eat around it... My sister in law and my cousin have both learned and have not lost weight. But you know the old saying..... you can lead a horse to Water but you can't make him drink.... You are in control and only you.

The trick is to get that out of your head and get back on track. You went thru all the test and the surgery to better your health. Now take advantage of it....

Start by identifying your comfort foods that you go too. I'm not going to tell you to stop them, but take your few bites and put it away.... i know my down falls and one of them is ice cream.... so i buy the Blue Bell cups and i have one a night (if I want it). I still drink my mt dew... and i will buy the bites size candies and allow myself one if i'm craving chocolate....

In the morning i put out my crackers and two wedges of laughing cow cheese and i snack on that all morning. At lunch i eat a potato or chili from wendys or tuna.... with crackers.... supper is kind of up in the air... last night i ate some fried Oysters... very crispy.... later i was still hungry so i ate some Cereal.

No one is perfect...... it's impossible to do this 100% correct all the time..... one day at a time.

Hey, Thanks a bunch!! I might just try that :D.

I've gotta get back on track!!

Kbme, There is a 5 day pouch test (look it up on Google) that some folks

have used to get back on track, with some sucess. It doesn't cost anything

and seems to work. Good luck and I hope you get where you want to go.

Hi Mel Mel,

I'm glad you found a renewed sense of excitement!!! I was remembering the day I got the call to say I was approved. I was alone in my car and just screamed out of joy. Then when I went for my first week visit after getting banded I felt like a million bucks when I saw that I had dropped so many lbs. Such a great feeling...I want that again! I'm doin this meal by meal!

I peeped out your pics and u are doin a great job!!! It's great to see success ;)

Same thing happened to me. I was on top of the world and many other things in my life were right in place. But then things started to slip... including my weightloss. I hated going back to my office because i didn't feel like they were very supportive except for one doctor. Luckily he left that practice and now is head bariatric surgreon of a new practice. He was so excited to see me as I was to see him. He was greatful that I followed him and VERY supportive. I have to say that support helps motivate me. So please go back to your doctor and talk to him / her.

Thanks a bunch for the support!!! I made it thru day 1 of "Back in Band Land" and It didnt kill me ;) I'm feeling pretty good and really want to get to goal! I think I need more variety in my diet. Of course thats not the main reason I fell off... but I think if i try some new stuff it may help. I think I'll go to Wendy's today for some Chili :D

Don't be so hard on yourself..... tons of people get the band and learn how to eat around it... My sister in law and my cousin have both learned and have not lost weight. But you know the old saying..... you can lead a horse to Water but you can't make him drink.... You are in control and only you.

The trick is to get that out of your head and get back on track. You went thru all the test and the surgery to better your health. Now take advantage of it....

Start by identifying your comfort foods that you go too. I'm not going to tell you to stop them, but take your few bites and put it away.... i know my down falls and one of them is ice cream.... so i buy the Blue Bell cups and i have one a night (if I want it). I still drink my mt dew... and i will buy the bites size candies and allow myself one if i'm craving chocolate....

In the morning i put out my crackers and two wedges of laughing cow cheese and i snack on that all morning. At lunch i eat a potato or chili from wendys or tuna.... with crackers.... supper is kind of up in the air... last night i ate some fried Oysters... very crispy.... later i was still hungry so i ate some Cereal.

No one is perfect...... it's impossible to do this 100% correct all the time..... one day at a time.

I'm still on liquids since I just got filled on Monday. I think I'm at 5.5ccs but I was paying attention because I hate getting filled. It doesn't hurt but it's uncomfortable. I made myself go walking. Wasn't even a fast pace and I was huffing and puffing... got a ways to go. I used to workout up to twice a day. I did one mile and wanted to stop but I did the second mile. And I made sure I had an appointment set for my 6 week follow up. Happens to fall on the monday after thanksgiving but all the more reason to stay on track. Right now I'm at the point I feel hopeful. When the weight starts to come off I hope to feel the excitement again.

Hi Mel Mel,

I'm glad you found a renewed sense of excitement!!! I was remembering the day I got the call to say I was approved. I was alone in my car and just screamed out of joy. Then when I went for my first week visit after getting banded I felt like a million bucks when I saw that I had dropped so many lbs. Such a great feeling...I want that again! I'm doin this meal by meal!

I peeped out your pics and u are doin a great job!!! It's great to see success ;)

Good job you guys...... Oddly enough holidays is when i lost weight... i think it was because i put myself in check and became more aware of the "crap" i was putting in my mouth... I went straight for the Green bean cass, mashed pot., carrots, etc.... ham.... and stayed away from my most favorite part.... the BREAD... By the time i ate my veggies and ham... i was done...

I also didn't do any of the cooking..... as i tend to eat while i cook and fall away from monitoring.... you know... tasting and sampling... So have someone else do the cooking or go out for dinner.

My trick to dinning out...... THE GO BOX..... i ask to have one brought with my meal.... i put my portion out and box everything else... put it away and my husband eats it later or the next day. Or i ask for Half portions...or kids... although most of the "kids" options are not healthy.

Remember..... one day at a time..... one pound at a time..... Good luck