Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's good under Fluoro., It takes the guess work out. My surgeon put to much in, and I couldn't even swallow saliva. Water came right back up.

So he deflated me because he thought he blew the band.

This Halloween I will be banded for 6 years, and I am finally getting the chance to start over again.

As far as I am concerned,,, Fluorscopy is the only way to go.

I had my third fill on Tuesday and I am noticing a slight change. I can feel the fluids and shakes take time to go down. I am not hungry as of yet. I am just scared of the fact that I never was hungry I just like to eat everything in sight. I know in due time it will all work itself out. I am noticing changes however and I am starting to feel my band.

I had my third fill on Tuesday and I am noticing a slight change. I can feel the fluids and shakes take time to go down. I am not hungry as of yet. I am just scared of the fact that I never was hungry I just like to eat everything in sight. I know in due time it will all work itself out. I am noticing changes however and I am starting to feel my band.

That's Good !

If your not Hungry ! Don't eat.

You have real Hunger when your stomach growls. Or you have Head Hunger. Don't feed the Head Hunger and you will do fine. If you feel after a few hrs. of going back and forth with this, and you want to have something.

MAKE SURE IT IS Protein.

It's good under Fluoro., It takes the guess work out. My surgeon put to much in, and I couldn't even swallow saliva. Water came right back up.

So he deflated me because he thought he blew the band.

This Halloween I will be banded for 6 years, and I am finally getting the chance to start over again.

As far as I am concerned,,, Fluorscopy is the only way to go.

Yay! Shirley.......wishing you complete success! I'm so glad you're getting to start over!

I there....I just wanted to say....take pictures.....lots of them......I struggled losing the same 3 pounds two months into this process, but the pictures told a different story and I inspired myself! Also....use myfitnesspal....awesome site. I don't plan to use it forever, I don't want to treat this like another diet. My dad always says, "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." I use the site for now to track calories and exercise to find a happy place where I'm losing at a consistant rate. Once I find the right combination I'll stop using the site and if needed go back to find the next right combination....if that makes sense. I don't think it matters how much we lose, we all wish it was faster. It's just the nature of the beast. Everyone is going to travel this road differently and I try not to compare myself with others. All I can say is don't give up, just try to make some small changes and build on those small changes to make bigger ones. Also don't strive for perfection. It doesn't exist. Aim for consitancy.

Forgot to say....get off the Protein drinks and eat real food. Those things will not keep you full for long...real food is what we crave and what....so eat it...just be smart about it. I try to stay consistant with this:

Breakfast - Quaker weight control maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal and 1 cup of skimmed milk

lunch - salad with grilled chicken or hard boiled eggs....a little cheese and a sprinkle of bacon bits...still low cal and totally yummie

dinner - Protein and veggies...and a bit of carb if I really want it.

I still have things I probably shouldn't...like cheesecake at thanksgiving (i'm from canada, so it was last weekend), but this is still about living, just making changes to life better. I do have 3 fills and don't find the need to snack to much.

I had my Band put in place on 7/20/11 I lost 10 pounds after surgery and now I have been up and down with the same 10-14 pounds. I have no restrictions I am completely discouraged and I am on my third fill as of today. I feel like I am the only person in the world who has had lapband and hasn't lost any weight. I am the same size I was when I left the hospital. I just don't know what to do. I expected the band to help me fight my hunger, restrict me from making poor food choices...I am struggling if not more because now I feel like a complete failure....Someone please help me!!!!

Easy Babydoll! Everyone gets there in their own time. I have had (lost count) 7 or 8 fills so far. Last one this week. Be easy on yourself. Nothing happens overnight. Keep going back to your surgeon. Talk with your Nut.

Good Luck

Thank You it is good to know that I am not alone.. I told my Dr today I am not 100% with my diet I am on 2 Protein shakes a day and one meal. I feel it to be extremely challenging and I end up completely giving up and eating whatever but smaller amount. It is just really scary bc I can get just about anything down. Do u have that same problem?

FYI, I have had many fills and I can eat anything I want to. I do make good choices tho and eat healthy (mostly) filling foods. It WILL help you stay full longer... eventually.

This is a pretty old thread. I would post a new thread and say where you are and see if someone in your area can suggest a good bariatric surgeon in your area. As for your pcp, if they have no background,they prolly won't take it on and you prolly don't really want them to. Face it, I'm a nurse who has accessed hundreds of ports.....band ports not my area of expertise. I wouldn't touch it without proper certification and likely they won't either.

I had lapband surgery on Nov 1, 2013 and have only lost about 13 pounds. In the beginning I got that full feeling, but I no longer feel that. I thought it would make me feel fuller and prevent me from eating whatever? I really thought I would be down at least 20-25 pounds, being that it is almost 3 months post-op. Feeling discouraged and thinking that it was a waste of time and money. I do have an underactive thyroid as well, but thought this would help. Has anyone gone through this? I don't feel any restriction at all!

How many fills have you had?

I had lapband surgery on Nov 1, 2013 and have only lost about 13 pounds. In the beginning I got that full feeling, but I no longer feel that. I thought it would make me feel fuller and prevent me from eating whatever? I really thought I would be down at least 20-25 pounds, being that it is almost 3 months post-op. Feeling discouraged and thinking that it was a waste of time and money. I do have an underactive thyroid as well, but thought this would help. Has anyone gone through this? I don't feel any restriction at all!

I only lost 12 lbs the first 4 months but my 3rd fill helped my journey immensely! What you're experiencing is quite normal.