Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For 40 , 50, 60 plus bandsters

I am over 1/2 way so I decided to post my progress pictures.... OMG what a wake up call. My face is wonderfully thinner, I think my skin looks healthier...but geez I look my age. Maybe its my imagination but I guess fat faces look younger...

I wonder what I will look like when I reach my goal..... Oh well... I guess I will look old because I am never gonna be that fat again....

Anyone else had this revelation?

You look good! Maybe you need a new hair color or style. I changed my style after I lost 50 lbs, now at 100 bs it still is good. My husband says I look 10 years younger with the weight loss. Of course, I use to wear my hair in the "granny bun". My grand daughter wasn't sure she liked my hair, it didn't look like a grandma anymore! She asked her daddy why grandma's hair isn't grey like most grandma's are. (I do not color it!). Karen

I got banded at 47 and am almost 52 now. My face didn't have any wrinkles prior to banding, and it's not so bad now. The place that my wrinkles show is under my chin on my neck, but thanks to losing the weight I don't have a gobbly thing like turkeys.

I found that when my weight was at the lowest my face looked gaunt. I like my face better at 185 to 190 than I did at 174.

The best part is feeling 15 years younger than I did before banding.

Best wishes to you.

Sue

I love your pics. You're very pretty.

Yes ...... the weightloss makes me look older. It sucks, but not as much as being at my highest weight sucked, so I'll take it.:)

ps, I'm 46 (soon to be 47) and some days feel like I look much older, but I feel so much better!

I felt the same way a few months ago...all of a sudden I realized (with a little help from DH) that the reason that I felt that I looked older was because losing so much weight had given me a turkey neck and more wrinkles (I guess the fat smooths things out) so I went out and bought some good moisturizer/firming cream and started using that religiously. This morning, when I was looking in the mirror I realized that my turkey neck is almost gone and I don't look quite as old...I do think that as my face gets thinner I do look older but I would rather be healthy and look older than be fat and look young...

OMG! This is exactly what I have been thinking when I look in the mirror. I am seeing wrinkles that were never there before. However, others have told me I look 10 years younger. I guess they don't have the magnifying close-up mirror I have.

vickyd, what brand of firming cream did you choose? I too have the neck wrinkle thing going on and see it in my forehead. Others tell me I look younger than I did, hmmm, I think they're just being nice! LOL Anyway, to have the energy and good feelings that I have today, I will happily live with wrinkles.:lol:

I'm the exact same age as you and yes, the weight loss has caused wrinkles! :( It's not just my face. It's also my thighs, arms and boobs. When I can afford it I may get a little Botox. If not, it's not so bad. I would much rather have the saggy, wrinkly skin than have it filled in with fat! Congrats on the weight loss so far. You look wonderful!

I think its made me look my age (as has a year of cancer treatment) but my overall look is much more youthful.

Undressed, oh dear. My breasts are most definitely aged. I dont have a bit loose skin problem but the tummy and thighs are not those of a 20 year old. But even so, given the shape most people are in today, I can honestly say I have a body a lot of people would really like to have, imperfect as it is, its a lot better than an overweight one. Dressed, most people do gape when they learn I'm 44 - becuase whilst I dont try to look 20, I dont have to wear the cover up style clothes most overweight mid 40's mothers of three get around in, I have a slim enough face and neck to do funky things with my hair (long unstyled hair NEVER makes you look younger even if it makes you feel secure) and I dont hide behind those things that older women often do - too much make up, too long, too painted nails, too much jewellery. I am quite happy to schlep over to the shops for a coffee on a sunday morning sans make up with unbrushed hair and in a tracksuit like a young thing, and I can look quite OK doing it.

However, my face has hollowed out a lot, a bit of strategic makeup does me a lot of favours. I'd be a perfect candidate for fillers, I dont have a lot of wrinkles yet but I'm an Aussie and grew up in the sun and have that sundamage beginning to show - uneven skin and freckles and age spots. But I wont change it because I'd be afraid of overdoing it. Its like fake tanning, the more you use, the more brown you think you need to be until you're orange and everyone is laughing and you think you look good, lol. I've got much more important things (like school fees) to spend my money on and I'm happy to look my age. And I dont regret having a hollow face when I no longer have a huge wobbly bum. I wont do grey hair though, that's not in my future for years yet, despite what hubby says about the hairdresser bills.

I am over 1/2 way so I decided to post my progress pictures.... OMG what a wake up call. My face is wonderfully thinner, I think my skin looks healthier...but geez I look my age. Maybe its my imagination but I guess fat faces look younger...

I wonder what I will look like when I reach my goal..... Oh well... I guess I will look old because I am never gonna be that fat again....

Anyone else had this revelation?

I think you look fabulous!! I wouldn't change a thing!!! Congratulations!:)

I certainly wasn't searching for compliments... but you guys know how to make a girl feel good .....thanks so much

I had to laugh at lot of your responses because I am in the same boat with the boobs and a few other saggy places ....I am definitely considering some lifts but will see when I get to my goal how I feel about that ....I will be 52 in february in a lot of people say you're 52 why in the world would you wanna get boobs lifted? the way I look at it is why wouldnt I? LOL

I certainly wasn't searching for compliments... but you guys know how to make a girl feel good .....thanks so much

I had to laugh at lot of your responses because I am in the same boat with the boobs and a few other saggy places ....I am definitely considering some lifts but will see when I get to my goal how I feel about that ....I will be 52 in february in a lot of people say you're 52 why in the world would you wanna get boobs lifted? the way I look at it is why wouldnt I? LOL

Why indeed? If I had a spare $5000 I would have them! (I'll be 52 in March).

Whilst I was figuring out how to zoom on my camera phone yesterday - out in the bright sunlight - I accidentally snapped a picture of my face, taken upwards from waist level.

Sheeeeeeeit. I take back EVERYTHING I have ever said against cosmetic surgery. I'm going to start a fund - who's the first to donate?